Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Alappuzha and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MayaYour feedback matters!
How often can we take sweets per a day &what should be done immediately after taking them inorder to prevent damage to teeth?
Hi Dr. I'm 40 years old and am active cigarette smoker since years now. My front tooth is aching since 2 days and found its colour has also got changed. Not matching with its adjacent teeth. Pls let me help with the reason and treatment. Thank you in advance.
I want advice on normal denture or implants as I have 6 lower front teeth and upper 8 doctor says that remove all lower for denture please advise.
I had got my teeth filled with silver filling 15 years ago. Since last week I am having lot of pain in the teeth. The silver filling is still visible. Kindly help me ease the pain.
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments?
I am having problem in my teeth. Doctors are saying to give a r. C. T. Treatment. No of damaged teeth is 5. If I goes to this I will suffer from money problem. What I should do.
Hi. I got the retainers today but if I worn both. I couldn't able to talk properly. What to do. Doctor told. If like this I can wear top of the retainer. Is it okay? Mine is night shift. I am having confusion to which time I should wear this. I think sleeping time I should not wear. Kindly help.
I have blackish spots on the front-bottom and back side of teeth....i'm 20 year old & smoking frequently...how can i get rid of those black spots? i'll be great if i get your concerns.
Hi Doctor. I am a smoker & from past few days I am getting blood while brushing my teeth. I have never faced such kind of issue before as well as my lower jaws front 4 teeth facing sensitivity issue. Can you pls tell me how to maintain my oral hygiene & pls help me to get rid of these problems as I am not able to take too cold as well as too hot stuff.
Cavity filled between my two front teeth is very distinct and looks bad hygienically. Recently few crack lines have also been observed in one of the tooth. What step should I take for that? I'm I facing any risk of losing them?
Hi I am suffering from teeth pain since last 3 months. There is some sensitivity in my teeth and whenever I do eat anything I am facing problem for that. Suggest me what should I do. Thanks.
I am 22 years old I am suffering from mouth ulcer frequently. It remains for few days and automatically recover. What should I do now?
Hi, I'm having gums problem and my teeth were looks huge yellow marks on front upper four teeth may be it's because of fluoride water. In my village everybody having this problem. What should do pls guide me, is there any remedies in home? Is that marks are removable or what?
Mere toung me ander galey ki taraf chhaley hai jo na to dard hotey he na hi dukhtey he. Kya ye khatrnak he?
For the last few days I have pain in my front teeth. I have been using dabur red paste daily. Please tell me the medicine to cure my teeth.
A new teeth is growing at the lower left end of the mouth. I am 27 years. At this age a new teeth can grow? What is the reason? It is v. Paining. Recommend some pain killers. How many days needed to grow the teeth fully?
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.