Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Alappuzha and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anooja Asokan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anooja AsokanYour feedback matters!
I very often get mouth ulcers. Which remain for like one or 2 weeks by themselves. I have tried so many things, nothing works. I showed it to many doctors, finally one doctor said it's due to anemia. Is it true?
My teeth and gum having bleeding problem since last few days I brush in ones in morning please suggest me home made solution for that problem.
My front teeth crown color not matching with other teeth. It is brighter than other teeth. I just can't laugh now. Please tell me a way to fix this.
Why always water comes from mouth & feel to eat something though I already took my meal still feels incomplete & wish to eat more.
If you were recently informed that you need a root canal, chances are the minute you left your dentist’s clinic, you immediately began scouring the Internet for information on this well-known — but highly misunderstood — dental treatment.
The Internet can be a great place to gather helpful information, but it is also plagued by unreliable sources & dangerously inaccurate information that can lead unknowing online researchers astray.
The following are common myths & misinformation about root canals & tooth pain that are prevalent online. While finding out you are in need of a root canal can be frightening, the more you know about this tooth-saving procedure & what it can do for your toothache & oral health, the calmer & more confident you will feel when you return to the dentist’s chair.
Myth #1: You only need a root canal if you are experiencing tooth pain.
Sometimes teeth that have died no longer cause pain & need to have a root canal in order to avoid becoming infected. We have several tests that allow us to know when a tooth has died & needs to receive a root canal.
Myth #2: Root canal treatment is painful.
A root canal relieves tooth pain associated with progressive & destructive decay that has reached the root of a tooth & caused infection. With the use of cutting-edge dental technology, along with anesthetics & sedation dentistry, having a root canal feels similar to receiving a filling & can be just as painless.
Myth #3: Root canals cause illness.
It’s hard to miss this myth if you are searching for information on root canals online. This myth is based on poorly designed & long-since debunked research that took place almost an entire century .Not only are root canals safe & effective, they eliminate bacteria from the infected roots of teeth, improving both your oral health & your overall health.
Myth #4: The benefits of root canal treatments are temporary.
Root canal results are long-lasting. They relieve patients’ toothaches & preserve the affected tooth indefinitely. The final restoration or crown is the key to successful results. A well-made & well-fit crown combined with good at-home oral health practices & routine visits to the dentist can ensure that your tooth lasts a lifetime.
Myth #5: Tooth extraction is a good alternative to root canals.
An extraction is a traumatic procedure that actually allows more bad bacteria to be introduced into the bloodstream. There is no adequate replacement for a natural tooth. A root canal with a good restoration is not only cost effective, it allows you to keep your natural tooth. Bridges, implants, & other replacement alternatives require additional treatments, more time in the chair, & elevated cost.
A common man follows a standard daily oral hygiene routine, which entails brushing one’s teeth and rinsing one’s mouth. At the most, some people who are extra conscious about their oral hygiene use dental floss or some branded mouthwash for the fresh feeling. But, the question remains, is it enough?
From the time you wake up till the time you go back to sleep, your mouth is susceptible to a large amount of attacks from bacteria, which enter your body through your mouth. This results in unwanted and harmful dental diseases. This can happen in spite of the fact that people regularly and religiously follow their daily oral hygiene as well as their trips to the dentist for regular clean-ups. So what is that extra something that can help get rid of the bacteria trying to take permanent residence in your mouth?
Oil pulling is an ancient and traditional Ayurvedic technique which is your best bet to detoxify your mouth from that pesky bacterium along with whitening and cleaning of your teeth. It is also a proven cure for innumerable diseases like skin infections, arthritis, liver and stomach problems, curing headaches and migraines, throat infections etc. Any type of edible oil can be used for this highly beneficial Ayurvedic technique.
Following are a set of instructions for the process of how oil pulling is done:
- Oil pulling process should be conducted immediately after waking up before eating or drinking anything.
- Choose edible oil like sesame, coconut or olive oil for this purpose.
- Take not more than 2 tablespoons of oil in the mouth and swish it i.e. is move it around the mouth for at least 20 minutes moving it throughout the mouth and along the gums and in between the teeth also.
- Avoid decreasing the time limit for swishing the oil in the mouth. By decreasing the time you might not be able to completely detoxify your mouth and by increasing the time the risks of absorbing the toxins back in the mouth and stomach are high. To know when the time is right to stop swishing the oil in your mouth, you can out a little oil from your mouth. If the oil has thinned and turned white or milky then it is time to spit out the rest of the oil from your mouth.
- After spitting out the oil, rinse and gargle your mouth with warm water and use a tongue cleaner to remove all residue of the oil.
Repeat this process everyday for satisfying results.
Benefits of oil pulling:
- The main cause of bad breath in your mouth is tooth decay which is caused by a bacterium which is called Streptococcus mutans bacteria. Oil pulling is an attested form of Ayurvedic technique which gets rid of this bacterium from your mouth permanently.
- Teeth and gum related diseases like gingivitis and periodontists are also cured.
- It helps to reduce in dental cavities.
- Oil pulling invigorates the lymphatic system by depleting the toxins in the vital organs of the body.
- Helps in getting whiter and brighter teeth.
While oil pulling is a very involved technique, a quicker way to adopt Ayurveda on a daily basis is the use of tooth powder. Tooth powder is an Ayurvedic replacement to toothpaste without the harmful chemicals (especially fluoride) that go into our daily minty and frothy brushing experience. It has proven to be much more effective than tooth paste in getting rid of yellowness of teeth, gingivitis and bleeding gums.