Doctor in Kareekalam ayurvedic center
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Kareekalam ayurvedic centerYour feedback matters!
Tulsi or the holy basil is known since ages to have health benefits, however with urbanization nuclear family living in compact flats the use of this very inexpensive super herb plant is reduced. Many also feel who will take care of plant give water to it every day. The fact is, our priority in life is to be earning healthy life where in we end up paying to gyms doctors. If you can just plant this in your small pot it will take care of your health issues. It’s tried by me personally I recommend it.
It’s very common in indian households easy to grow, have 2 types
1) green coloured – lakshmi tulsi
2) purple coloured – krishna tulsi.
It is worshiped, offered to gods, thought to purify all contaminants. This is when I thought of studying more about this super plant.
What is there in tulsi which makes it so useful, well it has essential oils, antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamin a, c, k, linoleic acid best part is it will not harm in anyway.
With malaria, dengue, swine flu increasing in cities it’s very important to have this plant as natural support to help to improve your immunity against bacterial viral infections.
Following are the benefits:
Prevents against infections relieves cold, flu prevents stress blood purifier balances hormones nerve tonic, sharpens memory fights cancer helps in healthy gum helpful in conditions like diabetes, hypertension lowers acidity lowers respiratory problems its anti-allergic immunity booster best digestive improves vision.
Following are benefits of planting it in your small plant
1) easily accessible.
2) give good values to children.
3) make different uses like use on sandwich/soups/teas.
4) looks beautiful.
5) soothing to eyes so releases stress.
How to grow tulsi
It grows in moist soil very easily. It needs mild sunlight as well. Just few centimetres below soil you can grow this plant indoors till it reaches 6 cm height best time is just before monsoon, with good sunlight it grows faster. You can also pick seeds from grown plant (rub the flower and there are seeds inside, tiny black) and put it in the soil. It grows fast.
How to consume tulsi
· well you can eat it raw – just pluck it, eat it any time of the day it will give best results· mix it in water/ detox water/· make kadha – boil tulsi leaves in 2 cup of water add 2 gm black pepper, boil it to half (i. E. 1 cup) and drink to reduce dengue symptoms· have it with morning/evening tea· sprinkle over poha/sandwich or dal with coriander leaves.
I am sure that those who do not have tulsi plant will buy plant it and those who have it will use it more often
As it is said “the better you know better your health can be”.
Raynaud’s disease is an unusual condition that is actually a symptom of something else, perhaps more serious.
What is raynaud’s disease?
Raynaud’s disease is a hyperactivation of the sympathetic nervous system, resulting in an extreme constriction of the blood vessels, therefore slowing down circulation and resulting in localized hypoxia (a lack of air/blood to cells). When these secondary blood vessels are unable to push blood through, the skin loses its color and sensation.
The disease is classified into two types, namely:
1. Primary raynaud’s: it is also known as primary raynaud’s disease when the condition is idiopathic, meaning that it is not caused in conjunction with any other disease.
2. Secondary raynaud’s: the condition iscalled raynaud’s phenomenon, raynaud’s syndrome or secondary raynaud’s when there is an underlying disorder such as systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and frostbite, among others.
There are a number of conditions that can result in low blood or oxygen flow to the body’s extremities, but the causes of raynaud’s include:
1. Genetics: raynaud’s disease stands alone in that is often hereditary.
2. Smoking: smoking can cause the disease to develop or can exacerbate any symptoms since it is a natural vasoconstrictor.
The most common symptoms of raynaud’s disease are:
- Numbness or discoloration in the extremities of your vascular system (fingers and toes)
- Emotional stress
- Long, brittle nails
There are two ways in which this condition manifests:
1. Low temperature: when the skin is exposed to cold, and the temperature of the body drops, the skin turns pale or white, evidence of a loss of blood to the area. This is usually in the hands, fingers, toes, feet, and earlobes.
2. Low oxygen: when the oxygen supply is depleted, the skin turns blue.
In both instances, when blood or oxygen is returned, the color flushes back to red, often accompanied by swelling and more pain as the tissues and cells regain their functionality. This can be compared to a foot “falling asleep” or getting “pins and needles”. The numbness is quickly replaced by painful tingling for a few moments. This effect lasts even longer with raynaud’s disease.
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian field of medicine that has been in existence since time immemorial. Many people swear by its efficacy and it is also a proper field of study for people who want to practice this form of medicine as doctors. Ayurveda makes use of a variety of herbs and lifestyle changes including diet, rest and massages in order to create a healthier body. Ayurveda combines Yogic postures with these herbs to create various kinds of treatment for varied conditions.
Panchakarma therapy is one of the kinds of Ayurvedic treatments that can greatly benefit the human body in many ways. This is basically made up of five therapies, which aim at removing the toxins from the body of the patient. One must take a proper consultation with a doctor in order to practice this therapy. Read on to know more about this form of treatment and its various benefits.
- Five therapies: As mentioned above, this therapy is made up of five therapies including Vamana, Raktamokshana, Nasya, Basti and Virechana. These therapies aim at freeing the body of the toxins that may accumulate and give rise to a variety of conditions and diseases in various organs of the body.
- Oils and diet: This therapy is carried out with the help of various medicated oils that help in eliminating the different toxins in one’s body. As per the tenets of Ayurveda, one also has to follow a specific diet and a systematic routine along with this therapy so that the Kapha toxins are removed from the body.
- Ailments and conditions: There are many kinds of conditions and ailments that can be cured and managed with the help of this therapy. Asthma and cervical spondylitis are some of the conditions. Here, the painful symptoms and attacks can be kept at a minimum because these have to do with the Kapha dosha, which is effectively treated when the Kapha toxins are flushed out of the body following this therapy. This treatment helps in cleansing the body with the help of the various oils and the five therapies that are used here.
- Aging process: The Panchakarma therapy helps in preventing the aging process and the signs of aging by replenishing the cells and the energy in the body. This helps in keeping the bones, skin and hair healthy as well, since the patient goes through regular bouts of massage in order to get the treatment.
- Stress: This treatment eliminates stress as it brings about a more calm state of mind. It does so by strengthening the body through the removal of immunity breaking toxins, which puts the hormones back in balance.
Benefits of Panchakarma Treatment:
The results of Panchakarma are very powerful and effective. Some of the benefits include:
- The doshas – vata, pitta and kapha, will return to their original places and function normally. Mind calms down, and intellect and concentration becomes sharp.
- It helps to attain a clear and glowing complexion.
- It helps to reverse the negative effects of daily living.
- It restores the natural state of health and wellness by bringing balance in the system and improving bodily function.
- A person undergoing Panchakarma attains longevity, intellect and freedom from diseases.
Health experts do believe, and are promoting the same nowadays, that eating right is the best step to control high blood pressure other than regular medications. Who knows, if you are strong enough to control your lifestyle and eating habits, you may not need a long term medication after some time. The blood pressure may lower down naturally with improving health and weight.
Factors that elevate blood pressure in the body.
Before suggesting the right eatables for lowering the blood pressure, let’s look at the conditions which actually increase the blood pressure. They are:
A coronary heart disease
Work pressure or family and relationship troubles
Each one has a toll on the body with resultant High Blood Pressure. With eating right you may gain a lot of control on the body.
Here are some quick tips on eating right:
Avoid excess salt intake. The more salt you take, the more sodium your body gets, and as a result BP elevates. When you eat readymade snacks, packaged foods and drinks with preservatives, check the nutritional information. Most of them contain high sodium. You may stop the intake of such foods or restrict them completely.
Avoid oily and junk food. Avoid food with unsaturated or trans fats. These kinds of foods straightaway add to the fat deposits of the body, and make you obese or more obese. In such cases, the obesity and increased weight build a pressure on the heart to pump more, thus elevating blood pressure.
Quit smoking, as this puts excess pressure on the lungs to breathe and thus the heart to pump.
Avoid alcohol intake in excess amounts. Drinking more alcohol or frequent drinking can elevate BP.
Besides there are some good foods that can always help to lower or control BP. They are:
Plain, fat-free yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
Small fishes like Tilapia
These food items are designed by nature to reduce blood pressure or normalize blood pressure in the body. Hence, if you are trying heart and soul to eat right, then try these in your daily food to see positive results. Besides, exercising and reducing weight are the two other important steps to take, which complement the healthy diet and eating habits to lower the blood pressure with or without medication.
If you want to lose weight, you should know that abstaining from certain foods will help you lose weight faster. Although, sometimes you can indulge in certain food items, but most of the time you strictly need to avoid. Avoiding these will enable you to fend off hunger and food cravings, thereby supporting your weight loss program.
Here are the primary food items which you should avoid:
- All snacks containing only carbohydrates: When you consume bread, rice, cakes, dry cereal or crackers alone, your body converts the carbohydrates into simple sugars, sending them into your bloodstream directly. Because of this, your body produces excess insulin. This results in low blood sugar. You are likely to get inclined towards eating sugary food items without any nutritional value.
- Frozen meals: For making fresh ingredients last longer in your refrigerator, many food manufacturers add sodium to frozen meals, which serves as a natural preservative. Sodium makes your body retain water, and bloats you up in return. This hampers your efforts for weight loss. When calories worth a whole meal are squeezed into a tiny box, with each bite you take, you will consume a lot of calories.
- High fiber snacks: Fiber is important for the body as it keeps the digestive system functioning smoothly, keeping you feel full even if you are avoiding calories. However, around 25 grams of fiber, which is worth one day’s requirement in one snack bar, is harmful for your weight loss target. Fiber intake should be consistent throughout the day for improving your digestive system, and for not causing an upset stomach.
- Juice: When you drink juice, you consume all the calories from the fruits without the natural fruit fibers, which are supposed to fill you up. Even 100% fruit juices are empty calories, which lead to high blood sugar. Fructose, the natural fruit sugar, which makes fruit juices taste sweet, tricks the body into gaining weight as the body’s ability to recognize when it is full gets blunted. This may make you eat more and the risk of developing diabetes and insulin resistance becomes more likely.
- Artificially sweetened drinks: You should stop having soda and all sweet drinks, which contain zero calories. Mind of some people is wired in such a way that artificial sweeteners enhance their food craving.
Apart from these, you must also avoid alcohol strictly, if you want to lose weight. Alcohol does not support weight loss as it contains empty calories. These do not make you feel full, and do not have any nutritional value. Your judgement regarding your weight loss goals also gets impaired because of alcohol.