Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shreyas PendharkarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Thanks for ur interest in my case. I request u with ur colleagues in ur profession do something to increase awareness about OCD . Here OCD pts r considered a burden by parents n siblings n r illtreated. The knowledge about what triggers their OCD is misused to torture the pt n have fun at their cost. In USA the President has guaranteed jobs for PCS pts. We r highly educated n not of an unsound mind n would like to be financially well off. Many Bollywood actors have OCD buy they can afford the costly medicines. Can't they b roped in to increase awareness n thereby help other pts. Warm Regards
I know Dr. Shreyas from his childhood days to all the way being MD Psychiatrist today. He is very passionate about his areas of expertise. I admire him about his go getter personality, can do attitude and straightforwardness. He is approachable, dependable and above all a nice human being. My best wishes will always be with him personally and professionally.
Thank you Doctor. He keeps imagining things about my past experience & irritates me & spoil the present situation & happiness. I was very tempered before & i learnt to behave patient after consulting my phsyciatrist. these days I am not able to visit her. please give some suggetions come out of this problem.
it was an amazing experience at the clinic doctor has understand all my problems in details and according suggest the treatment and he is so much cooperative and benign person.
Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar provides answers that are knowledgeable, practical, well-reasoned, thorough and very helpful. Very practical and helpful.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar to be very helpful. It is very very helpful for me. Same thing is my doctor saying
Dr Shreyas has been an angel for me - no exaggeration at all...! He not only treats, he heals you. For sure!!
Dr. Shyeras gives very patient answers and makes one feel optimistic. Feels good reading his answers.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar to be helped me improve my health. Thanks
excellent & very thoughtful. I am grateful to lybrate & doctor shreyas for paving the way to health
Dr. Pendharkar pays keen attention to the patient's problems and treats them with a humane touch.
It's an awesome with the doctor he always counsel very well and I am very much satisfied wide him
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar to be very helpful. Helpful
Thank you so much for your frank oppinion
Thanks for responding adequately.
V nice n effective
Best docter ever
Do you find it too hard to figure out what to wear? Does taking some important decision leave you feeling paralyzed? These indicate that you suffer from compulsive indecisiveness. Struggling with this problem leaves you stuck in one place and causes you distress. Fear of taking the wrong decision is the primary reason, which makes people indecisive. It is also likely for you to bother too much about what other people think of you.
Here are five important steps, which you should take for overcoming compulsive indecisiveness:
- Practice on small things: For improving upon your indecisiveness, you should start practicing by taking small decisions every day. Aim at taking 10 major decisions everyday such as where to go for lunch, which route to take to work and more. Slowly, practice taking decisions quickly instead of pondering over a situation. Try to make instant decisions in various spheres of life.
- Learn to trust yourself: You need to list all your strengths. Write down whether you think if you are smart, creative or funny. Ask yourself whether you can infuse your strengths into your process of decision making. Try to test your strengths in all kinds of matters. Once you are sure of your strengths, you will be able to achieve your goals without hesitation.
- Pick one thing at a time: You should pick things and matters one at a time to focus on. If there are several things which bother you and add to your indecisiveness, try to handle them one by one. This way you will be able to give all your focus to one matter, and overcome your fears related to it. After that, move on to another fear.
It is important for you to let go and refrain yourself from analyzing whether a decision which you had taken is right or wrong. Instead, focus on activities which matter to you and do not ponder over old decisions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Kuch mahine se mujhme boht sare problem dikhai de rahe he. Jaise ki kuch kam man nahi lagna .feeling fear ,achanak dharna. Do tin lok chillake baat korne se sunne ka man na korna .kiya ye anxiety he? Negative sochna ,khane ka man na karna .yese Suru hota he phir khane ki ruchi nahi reheti. Sir ka piche bharipan. Pressure check kiya bt normal he. Mujhe thoda gastric problem he .jab last bukhar ta tab check kiya typhoid bhi tha. Abhi nahi he .ye anxiety mujhe mar dalegi shayed pls help. Koi na koi bimari reheta hi he .ek khatam hone se dusra start ho jata he.
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities. The symptoms include loss of sleep and appetite, loss of interest, persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem. These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies.
How it can be treated?
- Role of anti-depressants: Depression has become rather common in the present day scenario. The treatment varies from prescription drugs to therapy. People who have depression are usually given mood enhancers and anti-depressants. Antidepressants are medicines used to help people who have depression. With the help of these depression medications, most people can achieve significant recovery from depression. Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. Antidepressants help people with depression by making these natural chemicals more available to the brain. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression. Specifically, antidepressant drugs help reduce the extreme sadness, hopelessness, and lack of interest in life that are typical in people with depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with therapeutic techniques to solve the problem at the root level.
- Therapy: Different therapeutic techniques are used to treat depression depending majorly on the individual, the cause of depression and general history and state of mind. Research suggests that client centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are a good start with an average case of depression. The therapists usually incorporate several other methods based on the client’s need to get maximum effect. Adlerian techniques, where individuals are made to comprehend the thoughts and emotions which influence their lifestyles and adopt a more productive and positive way of life, are rather helpful with most clients who suffer from depression.
Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My sgot is 62 and sgpt is 91, is it serious or should I take medicines, I drink alcohol only 7 times in a year. I am a thyroid patient also.
I have leukoplakia on both sides of cheeks. i was addicted to tobacco and smoking now since two months I left tobacco and smoking. I am taking antioxidant and multivitamin a to z. The patch on one side has become less but it's still there. My biopsy report hyperplastic squamous epithelium with no dysplasia and malignancy seen. How much time it takes for leukoplakia to go can it be removed surgically. Pls advice.
I have lack of confidence I have hair cut and feel anxiety to go to school I fear my classmates make a fun to see my hair cut I can not understand how to get rid of the problem please help me.
Nowadays, drug abuse is a universally condemned action such that selling certain drugs are illegal. Children are not allowed to take drugs until they reach a certain age such as 21 for most states in India. Lots of problems start occurring when you are addicted to a certain drug. It is also nearly impossible to stop since the nerve cells change the way they function due to drugs.
These nerve cells overstimulate the 'reward circuit' of the brain. This means that your brain constantly needs to be 'rewarded' and this reward comes in the form of drugs. There are many reasons why people become addicts and here are some of them.
- People want to get high: This is perhaps the most common reason why people become drug addicts. The moment they take in one drug, they love the feeling they get so much that they keep wanting to go back to it.
- People want to fit in: This is also a very common reason. When all your friends and perhaps even your bosses and other superiors are taking drugs, you do not want to feel left out or ostracized by your friend group. This is why many people start taking drugs.
- Unintentionally taking drugs due to injuries or medical conditions: Sometimes a doctor prescribes a medicine for a certain time period but it does not work or works too well and so you keep taking the drug so that you will feel better. This happens more often than you think.
- People take drugs to relieve stress: This is another very common reason why people take drugs. You may easily rationalize with them thinking that taking drugs is a good way to relax from work and family pressures. However, the long term effects of taking drugs are much worse than the stress.
- Boredom from daily life: In young teens and adolescents especially, life can be so boring that they want to try something new and thus resort to drug abuse. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!