Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shreyas PendharkarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Thanks for ur interest in my case. I request u with ur colleagues in ur profession do something to increase awareness about OCD . Here OCD pts r considered a burden by parents n siblings n r illtreated. The knowledge about what triggers their OCD is misused to torture the pt n have fun at their cost. In USA the President has guaranteed jobs for PCS pts. We r highly educated n not of an unsound mind n would like to be financially well off. Many Bollywood actors have OCD buy they can afford the costly medicines. Can't they b roped in to increase awareness n thereby help other pts. Warm Regards
I know Dr. Shreyas from his childhood days to all the way being MD Psychiatrist today. He is very passionate about his areas of expertise. I admire him about his go getter personality, can do attitude and straightforwardness. He is approachable, dependable and above all a nice human being. My best wishes will always be with him personally and professionally.
Thank you Doctor. He keeps imagining things about my past experience & irritates me & spoil the present situation & happiness. I was very tempered before & i learnt to behave patient after consulting my phsyciatrist. these days I am not able to visit her. please give some suggetions come out of this problem.
Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar provides answers that are practical, professional, prompt and sensible. Yes reply from the Dr. is absolutely right. As i'm not aware of red wine i want a professional's opinion. Thank you Dr.
it was an amazing experience at the clinic doctor has understand all my problems in details and according suggest the treatment and he is so much cooperative and benign person.
Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar provides answers that are knowledgeable, practical, well-reasoned, thorough and very helpful. Very practical and helpful.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar to be very helpful. It is very very helpful for me. Same thing is my doctor saying
He is a wonderful Dr as well as friend who understands the problem of patients in true sense and is always there to solve it.
Satisfactory conversation with a brief review on each and every minor to Major aspect related with associated problem.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar to be very helpful and knowledgeable. It's right sir
Dr Shreyas has been an angel for me - no exaggeration at all...! He not only treats, he heals you. For sure!!
Dr. Shyeras gives very patient answers and makes one feel optimistic. Feels good reading his answers.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar to be helped me improve my health. Thanks
excellent & very thoughtful. I am grateful to lybrate & doctor shreyas for paving the way to health
Dr. Pendharkar pays keen attention to the patient's problems and treats them with a humane touch.
It's an awesome with the doctor he always counsel very well and I am very much satisfied wide him
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shreyas Pendharkar to be very helpful. Helpful
Breadth and Defth of knowledge with empathy is really superb.
Thank you so much for your frank oppinion
Thanks for responding adequately.
V nice n effective
Best docter ever
डिप्रेशन किंवा नैराश्य हा एक गंभीर मानसिक आजार आहे। भारतात दर 4 मागे 1 व्यक्ती या आजाराच्या लक्षणांनी पिडित आहे (संदर्भ: who संकेतस्थळ)
डिप्रेशन नी पीडित व्यक्ती बहुतांश वेळा चिडचिडेपणा, झोपेच्या समस्या, थकवा, विसारभोळेपणा, सतत राहणाऱ्या पाचन समस्या इत्यादींनी ग्रस्त होते। त्यामुळे अशा व्यक्तीचा प्रथम संपर्क हा फॅमिली डॉक्टर, जनरल फिजिशियन डॉक्टर यांच्याशी होतो।
जर आपल्याला डिप्रेशन विकाराची वरील पैकी कोणतीही लक्षणे जाणवत असतील किंवा वारंवार डॉक्टर कडे जाऊन, वेगवेगळ्या तपासण्या करून सुद्धा समाधानकारक रोगनिदान होत नसेल, तर आपल्या डॉक्टर ला जरूर हे विचारा'मला मानसोपचार तज्ञा कडे जायची गरज आहे का? तुम्ही मला मानसिक आरोग्य समस्येची औषधे स्वतः देत आहात का'
जागृती ही रोगमुक्त होण्याची पहिली पायरी आहे!
तुमचा हक्क, तुमचा मानसोपचार तज्ञ!
जनहितार्थ: डॉ श्रेयस श्रीकांत पेंढारकर
Hi. Today I read about the benefits of red wine. I'm in my 40's now. I've not taken any alcohol content so far. In that case if I take red wine will it affect. By seeing its benefits if I have to take how much quantity I can take. Like 1tsp or 2 tsps. Need your guidance. Thank you.
Hello! I’m suffering with depression For more than 7 years now I breakdown at very unusual time like while cooking or taking shower or ironing clothes I don’t know why I cry so intensely but a slightest thought of anyone who has hurt me is enough to make me cry like that. I was not like this few years back, I was very happy person and no matter what happens I never cried I have dealt with lots of ups and downs in career and personal life but nothing made me so lifeless and unhappy but these days without any reason or occasion I feel very sad, suffocated and tired. I have difficulties getting up from bed every morning I need any strong reason to get up or else I do not. I don’t feel like working I resigned from work and I just like to sleep and just anything and everyday Makes me cry. I don’t like it and I did’t know what to do so I visited a psychologist she asked me to write on paper everything that has hurt me in life right from the first memory of childhood, she asked me to write every single detail about those events and then asked me to burn those papers she assured me it will work, I was very happy to know it will work but I never did what she asked me to do as it scares me like anything, just a thought of people makes me cry. Even those who scolded me. If I go through all those details I will die crying. In 20 days I tried to sit down and write so many times but I gave up so then I decided to meet a psychiatrist when he met me he said there is nothing wrong with me and I’m absolutely normal according to him he says all these things are normal he just prescribed me Depran L tablet for 15 days once a day before bed, he said it will help me sleep and it’s an anti depressant. He said you don’t need any therapy just have this tablet, now I’m really confused and bit concerned about me. I read side effects of depran l and they are scary and at the same time I do not think sleeping alone can help me. I have been sleeping forever already for days I haven’t got out of bed and slept for more than 14 hours. I don’t know what to do and whom to consult in my condition. Please if there is anything who can guide me to a right things or exercises or doctors I’ll be really grateful and also let me know if I it’s really ok to take Depran L. thank you.
I was suffering from breathing issues. Directed to approach psychiatrist. He categorised me as anxiety and prescribed rivotril 0.5 mg I took it for two years. It gave me addiction, two times panic attach, mouth breathing, bloated stomach and constipation. After two years the psychiatrist asked me to go in for relaxation therapy and to stop rivotril 0.5 mg by way of tapering. I am in tapering mode. I suffer from mouth breathing, bloated stomach and constipation. Please give proper advise as what to do coping with withdrawal of rivotril and easing the withdrawal symptoms.
I am 28 years old. I have a psychological problem. I have been suffering from it since 10 years. When I see dirty bathrooms, toilet and dirty area and things I become panic restless more fear .what is this what type of psycho problem please help me.
Do you find it too hard to figure out what to wear? Does taking some important decision leave you feeling paralyzed? These indicate that you suffer from compulsive indecisiveness. Struggling with this problem leaves you stuck in one place and causes you distress. Fear of taking the wrong decision is the primary reason, which makes people indecisive. It is also likely for you to bother too much about what other people think of you.
Here are five important steps, which you should take for overcoming compulsive indecisiveness:
- Forget your fear: Fear of something often causes indecisiveness. You need to figure out and write down your fears and what you would do if these occur. If you are indecisive about a job change or whether the new job will be paying you less, you should analyze how the reduced income will affect your life and how you can deal with it.
- Tune into your emotions: Maximum people who suffer from compulsive indecisiveness and struggle at making major decisions tend to over analyze situations a bit too much. In some cases, you cannot create an easy perception or a suitable side for a situation in spite of stressing over it from various angles. The situation will remain the same, no matter how much you think. Write down your options, think about them, rate them, and choose the top rated option.
- Practice on small things: For improving upon your indecisiveness, you should start practicing by taking small decisions every day. Aim at taking 10 major decisions everyday such as where to go for lunch, which route to take to work and more. Slowly, practice taking decisions quickly instead of pondering over a situation. Try to make instant decisions in various spheres of life.
- Learn to trust yourself: You need to list all your strengths. Write down whether you think if you are smart, creative or funny. Ask yourself whether you can infuse your strengths into your process of decision making. Try to test your strengths in all kinds of matters. Once you are sure of your strengths, you will be able to achieve your goals without hesitation.
- Pick one thing at a time: You should pick things and matters one at a time to focus on. If there are several things which bother you and add to your indecisiveness, try to handle them one by one. This way you will be able to give all your focus to one matter, and overcome your fears related to it. After that, move on to another fear.
It is important for you to let go and refrain yourself from analyzing whether a decision which you had taken is right or wrong. Instead, focus on activities which matter to you and do not ponder over old decisions.
Kuch mahine se mujhme boht sare problem dikhai de rahe he. Jaise ki kuch kam man nahi lagna .feeling fear ,achanak dharna. Do tin lok chillake baat korne se sunne ka man na korna .kiya ye anxiety he? Negative sochna ,khane ka man na karna .yese Suru hota he phir khane ki ruchi nahi reheti. Sir ka piche bharipan. Pressure check kiya bt normal he. Mujhe thoda gastric problem he .jab last bukhar ta tab check kiya typhoid bhi tha. Abhi nahi he .ye anxiety mujhe mar dalegi shayed pls help. Koi na koi bimari reheta hi he .ek khatam hone se dusra start ho jata he.
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities. The symptoms include loss of sleep and appetite, loss of interest, persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem. These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies.
How it can be treated?
- Role of anti-depressants: Depression has become rather common in the present day scenario. The treatment varies from prescription drugs to therapy. People who have depression are usually given mood enhancers and anti-depressants. Antidepressants are medicines used to help people who have depression. With the help of these depression medications, most people can achieve significant recovery from depression. Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. Antidepressants help people with depression by making these natural chemicals more available to the brain. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression. Specifically, antidepressant drugs help reduce the extreme sadness, hopelessness, and lack of interest in life that are typical in people with depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with therapeutic techniques to solve the problem at the root level.
- Therapy: Different therapeutic techniques are used to treat depression depending majorly on the individual, the cause of depression and general history and state of mind. Research suggests that client centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are a good start with an average case of depression. The therapists usually incorporate several other methods based on the client’s need to get maximum effect. Adlerian techniques, where individuals are made to comprehend the thoughts and emotions which influence their lifestyles and adopt a more productive and positive way of life, are rather helpful with most clients who suffer from depression.
Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!