Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Ajmer. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indu Saini
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Management of Diet in Stones
Treatment of Malnutrition
Submit a review for Dr. Indu SainiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Very soft spoken, very experienced. And I see results in one week.
I am satisfied with the consult
Vitamins are essential micronutrients which the body requires, though in small amounts, for optimal health. These chemicals play crucial roles, for instance, vitamin K is essential for optimal blood clotting process. It also has multiple other benefits. More details about the functions, benefits and sources are listed below.
- Vitamin K is actually a group and has K1, K2, and K3. The functions and benefits accordingly will depend on the actual chemical being referred to.
- These are fat soluble vitamins and therefore absorption is better when something fatty is eaten along with it
- Vitamin K1 or phyloquilline reaches the liver and is essential for blood clotting. Reduced levels of vitamin K can lead to uncontrolled bleeding, but this is very rare in adults. Newborns can have this problem, and therefore, it is common to give them a one shot of vitamin K injection.
- Vitamin K2 is produced by gut bacteria and reaches blood vessel walls and bones. It prevents hardening and calcification of arteries, which is the main cause of heart disease.
- It helps in improving calcium and other mineral concentration in the bones and makes the matrix strong. It can be used in osteoporosis to reverse and control bone loss. It can also be used to heal fractured bones.
- It slows the growth of cancer cells and can be used to stabilise cancer. It has been shown to improve multiple forms including hepatocellular, prostate, colon, and oral cancers.
- It is beneficial in controlling Alzheimer’s disease and improve memory loss in ageing people
- It improves insulin action and therefore prolongs onset of type 2 diabetes
- It has been shown to have antioxidant properties (as most other vitamins) and also helps in reducing toxin buildup
- It is good for skin health and can help control bruising and dermatitis
Vitamin K is found naturally in many foods and the daily dose required for an adult is about 120 to 150 mcg/day. Therefore supplementation is usually not required. Leafy green vegetables including spinach, okra, cabbage, beans broccoli, and asparagus.
- Fermented foods like yoghurt
- Soybean in all forms including cooking medium. Japanese diet uses boiled, fermented soybean called natto, which contains tremendous amount of vitamin K
- Nuts, such as cashews, almonds, walnuts, are a good source
- Strawberries, grapes, prunes, and apples
- Seafood such as salmon and shrimp contain good amount to control heart attack and stroke.
- Meat (duck, beef, chicken, and lamb)
Supplements are to be avoided, especially I pregnant and/or nursing mothers and people with a history of stroke, heart disease, heart attack, blood clotting problems.
Mera face bht ptla h or meri body achhi h lekin me chahta hu mera face bhi mota ho jaye mene mota hone ki dvai khayi thi lekin face mota to ho gya jaise mene use chhoda to fr se patla ho gya mera face me chahta mera face mota ho jaye or vo kabhi patla na ho aisa hi rhe bs plzz tell me kya kru?
A natural fertility diet is a way of eating that is supporting your body in its reproductive efforts. It includes foods which are dense in specific nutrients needed for hormonal function, balance and production, fetal development, egg health, blood health, sperm health and much more.
Benefits of eating a natural fertility diet
- provide antioxidant, minerals and vitamins which helps to protect egg and sperm health from the damage caused by free radicals, help to body maintain hormonal balance by providing the fats needed for hormonal function and production.
- provide vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients for optimal health, decrease the chances of miscarriage due to insulin resistance and damage from free radicals to egg sperm and dna.
- eat organic, grass fed, whole fat raw dairy. Eat high fibre food with each meal.
- no soy and soya products (soy foods have estrogens properties it's best to avoid soy milk, butter, chips, meat soy powder.
- avoid refined sugar and pasteurised fruits drink (apple, orange other bottled fruits juice contain consentration sugar which can throw off your blood sugar levels and negatively effect your immune system.
- drink lots of clean water.
- eat fresh green leafy vegetables, fruits, cheese eggs, beans, red meat, spinach, potatoes, tomatoes, citrus fruits, almond, sea food which is rich of vit d, vit c, vit e, b-12, folic acid and zinc.
There are a lot of diets that are popular with people for a variety of reasons. Some of them are easy to sustain, some of them have instant effects and some of them have long-term effects. There are a few diets that combine all of these traits, and the GM diet happens to be one of them. The GM diet first appeared on the Internet about four years ago and has had a loyal group of followers since.
The GM Diet is a seven-day diet plan which was supposed to have been created by General Motors for their employees. It was rumoured that they paid a hefty sum to a research lab to come up with the ultimate diet plan. But General Motors soon released a statement where they denied any involvement with the diet plan. But the name stayed on and the diet was soon circulated via emails and forums all over the web, and more people tried it out with different results.
Let's see what the diet looks like:
- First Day: The GM diet begins with consumption of only fruits. All fruits work, except bananas. Watermelons are highly recommended on day one. Day one is supposed to prepare your body for the rest of the week.
- Second Day: It has to start with a baked potato for breakfast. This gives you the morning dose of complex carbohydrates. Through the rest of the day, you have to eat raw or boiled vegetables and you can eat to your heart's content. You can also have vegetable soup. Make sure you avoid coconut and oil in the preparation.
- Third Day: You have to eat only fruits and vegetables. Avoid fruit juice or vegetable juice. Avoid the morning potato and avoid oil. Avoid bananas on this day. You can use herbs and natural taste-makers in your preparations.
- Fourth Day: It is a tough one. On this day, you may have only bananas and milk. You may have up to eight bananas and about 3-4 glasses of milk on this day. You can also have the special GM soup on this day, which helps break the monotony of the bananas and milk. Also, have up to 8-10 glasses of water on this day.
- Fifth Day: On this day, you can binge a bit. On this day you are supposed to have just lean beef and tomatoes. You can again eat as much as you like on this day. You can replace beef with lean chicken meat or a mix of vegetables like beans, lentils, and tofu. These replace the proteins you get from beef. Make sure you consume plenty of water.
- Sixth Day: On this day, you should have a mix of lean beef and vegetables. You can also have the GM special soup on day six. Vegetarians should have a mix of vegetables from day five. You may also have sprouts in place of beef.
- Seventh Day: On the last day, you can have brown rice, vegetables and fruits. Fruit juices are also allowed on this day. This wraps up the GM diet plan. You can return to your regular diet from the 8th day, albeit with caution.
This diet is supposed to make you loose anywhere from one to five kilograms on the eighth day. The diet also plays a detox role by cleaning your body of its impurities. No alcohol is supposed to be consumed during the week. You are allowed to have tea and coffee, but you must avoid adding milk and sugar as they add unnecessary calories. Also, ensure that you consume adequate water during the diet. Try and avoid working out while you are on this diet as you may experience fatigue.
Is the GM Diet Effective?
Different people have had different experiences with the GM diet. While most people rave about the diet, some feel it is not effective in the long run. The GM diet has proven to be effective for quick weight loss.
As per the latest statistics published by the 'center for disease control and prevention', about 9% women suffer from the deficiency of iron. Though the proportion is relatively low, iron deficiency can lead to various diseases, which can be very difficult to cure. So, look out for these telltale signs of iron deficiency and check whether you suffer from any of them.
- Fatigue: Your internal system uses iron for the production of hemoglobin, which is a component in the red blood cells, responsible for carrying oxygen to all parts of the body. So, when the iron content is low, there is not enough hemoglobin produced and all organs do not receive oxygen in the required quantities, which is bound to make you feel tired at most times.
- Inability to focus: People with iron deficiency often suffer from alteration in the synthesis of neurotransmitters. This can lead to decreased functionality and focusing abilities. This may also lead to the development of apathy towards all things, including family, friends, books, music or anything that you loved and enjoyed doing.
- Breathlessness: Without a proper supply of iron, there could be an oxygen crunch in the body, compelling you to feel breathless. This may happen anytime like when you are working out or walking or reading a book.
- Paleness: Do you think your skin has lost luster and has become pale in the last few days? That’s definitely not a good sign and may be a symptom of decreased flow of blood and reduction in the RBC count.
- Trouble doing your daily chores: Low levels of iron in the body can cause your endurance level to suffer. Thus, you may find it difficult to run up the stairs or catch a vehicle or swim for a while.
- Soreness of muscles: Even if you could push yourself to reach the gym, you would experience that the burn lasts longer than normal. Lack of required amount of iron prevents your muscles to recover at the right pace. As a result, you are likely to suffer from aches in the muscles.
- Brittle nails: If there is a recent development of spoon-shaped or concave depression in the nails, it could be a sign that your body is iron deficient.
Often people tend to ignore the warning signs that the body gives to indicate the problem that’s cropping up. But you can’t take your health for granted. So, check for these signs without any delay get help from a doctor in case you notice them. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Being over weight is a very common health problem. Although most people confuse weight with appearance, it is important to clear certain points. The way a person looks has nothing to do with weight; it all rests upon self confidence and self respect. However, weight can have major impact on the health of individuals.
A number of serious issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, gynaecological disorders tend to develop, which make lives nothing, but difficult. Given that we have a single life, why not enjoy the world without facing health issues. Here are some tips that could help individuals lose weight fast.
- Eating food items that would speed up the fat burning process can be a great beginning. Beans, walnuts, apples, spices, oats, ginger, green tea are certain food products, which help in increasing metabolism, thereby, helping in breaking down the food into energy faster, without much sugar storage (which could change into fats eventually).
- Weight loss without exercise would be a slow process and might at times even be ineffective. Running, cycling, boot camping, zumba and body combats are certain ways that help lose weight faster. Also cardio is an important part of exercise that enormously helps in weight loss. Jogging, swimming, circuit training, cross-trainer etc. are certain examples of cardio exercises.
- Another great method for losing weight sooner is weight training. This not only helps in losing weight efficiently, but also helps in staying fit over the years. With proper weight training, the muscles can be made stronger, thereby improving metabolism because muscles help burn calories very efficiently.
- One major mistake people make in the spur of losing weight is cutting off meals. That is the worst one could do as not only does it not help in weight loss, but also at times causes just the reverse. It is important to have small yet frequent meals throughout the day.
- A proper sleep cycle is absolutely necessary for losing weight. Improper sleep would make us tired and prevent us from working efficiently and also indirectly cause our body to crave for sugar.
- Eating a proper, healthy and full breakfast that would include high fibre and protein would make individuals have a lot of energy throughout the day and also help avoid unnecessary munching.
- Walking everyday is a great way to lose weight. Walking for 30 minutes every day prevents gaining weight, however, walking 45 minutes promotes weight loss.
- Eating fruits vegetables and avoiding complex carbs is another advice for losing weight faster.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!