Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for AarogyamYour feedback matters!
When a hole develops in the wall of the gallbladder, rectum, large bowel, small intestine, stomach or oesophagus, it is called gastrointestinal perforation. It is a medical emergency that needs urgent medical attention.
Symptoms of gastrointestinal perforation (GP) usually include
1. Serious stomach pain
Peritonitis (abdominal cavity lining inflammation) can also accompany the abovementioned condition. So in addition to the above symptoms, you may also experience peritonitis symptoms such as:
2. Passing less gas, urine or stools
3. Breathing difficulties
4. Fast heartbeats
Certain diseases can cause Gastro-intestinal perforation, such as:
2. Diverticulitis (A type of digestive disorder)
3. Stomach ulcer
5. Gallbladder infection
6. Inflammatory bowel diseases (inflammation in the small intestine and the colon)
7. Swollen Meckel’s diverticulum (abnormal bulging of the small intestine at birth)
8. Gastrointestinal tract cancer
Besides diseases, the following conditions can also lead to Gastro-intestinal perforation:
1. Blunt abdominal trauma
2. Gunshot or knife wound to the abdomen
3. Abdominal surgery
4. Stomach ulcers caused by excessive consumption of steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin
5. Ingestion of caustic substances or foreign objects
Other than these, drinking alcohol, smoking and bowel injuries (caused by colonoscopy or endoscopy) can lead to GP as well.
Treatment options available
This condition is mostly treated with surgery. The goal of the surgery is to repair the anatomical problem and cause of peritonitis, along with removal of any foreign object in the abdominal socket, such as food, faeces and bile. However, if your doctor deems surgery unnecessary (in instances where the hole closes voluntarily) you will be only given antibiotics.
In some cases, a section of the intestine might need to be removed. An ileostomy or colostomy is performed where a portion of the large or small intestine is removed, which grants intestinal contents to empty or drain into a bag implanted on the wall of your abdomen.
The complications include:
2. Sepsis (Critical and fatal bacterial infection)
3. Belly ulcers
4. Wound infection
5. Bowel infarction (impaired supply of blood to the bowels)
6. Permanent colostomy or ileostomy
Botox is a wrinkle treatment, but is used for treating a range of medical conditions. It has been in use for well over 18 years and is considered to be safe when performed under the guidance of a medical practitioner. Apart from aesthetics, a range of other facial, migraine and dermatological problems can be addressed by Botox.
Botox limits facial expression: The primary objective of a Botox treatment is to enhance the look of a person and not the contrary. When administered by a skilled physician, you can still smile and animate like before. Botox in no way affects the sensory nerve. The muscle beneath the point of injection gets relaxed and remains active. The apprehension of limited facial activity is baseless.
Botox travel through your body: This again is a myth. Botox diffuses not more than 1cm into the skin. Due to its localized nature, it does not affect any other parts of the body other than the intended area.
Botox has toxic content: Botox, like any other drug, is safe when taken under supervision. Like other drugs, it too gets scanned by the drug regulatory authorities. It is neither dangerous nor contains any toxic substance.
Dermal fillers involve intense pain: Dermal fillers are not as painful as advocated by many people out there. It does have its fair share of discomfort but a medical practitioner always uses a topical anesthetic and other anxiety related medications during the treatment.
Downtime for Botox is fairly long: Botox is known as the afternoon injection for its convenience and easy procedure. Botox procedure has no downtime at all. Doctors often suggest against lying down for a good 2-3 hours after the injection. Dermal fillers might result in minor swelling but there are medicines to counter that too.
Botox is permanent in nature: Botox effects lasts for 4-6months. For people who take Botox shots regularly, it tends to last longer.
Dermal fillers and Botox are the same: While people these days use them interchangeably, they are not the same. For instance, Botox lessens the effect of wrinkles by relaxing the facial muscle whereas dermal fillers add volume to the tissue and restores the muscle.
Botox is applied only when Facial lines are visible: This is not necessarily true. If the family of an individual has a history of facial lines, it makes sense to start Botox for facial line prevention. This delays the actual facial line appearance and requires fewer Botox shots going forward.
As we age, the fat volume on our face slowly starts decreasing. This results in the skin hanging loose and sagging down. Wrinkles also appear on the surface of the skin. This phenomenon is purely natural and happens to every human being with age. Maintaining freshness and everlasting youth is quite a tough task. Loosened skin does not look good and cuts down your appeal. However, there are some natural ways of skin tightening, which may make your skin maintain its tightness for a longer time period. Nowadays, surgeries for skin tightening are popular, but sticking to natural means is always best for your body.
Here are some common ways of skin tightening:
- Facial Masks. Facial masks are effective in removing extra oil from the skin. Accumulated dirt on your skin pores is also cleansed by using facial masks. They are pocket friendly and as an outcome, you look fresh and glowing.
- Facial Massages. Good quality moisturizers and special lotions are good for skin tightening. These have to be massaged onto your face in a circular pattern. Due to rubbing of the lotion on your skin, it reaches the inside and provides nourishment. You should preferably apply these creams or moisturizers before going to bed as new skin cells replace existing ones during the night time. The skin is very delicate and proper care must be taken.
- Exercise. Exercising on a regular basis is a healthy habit, and it also helps in skin tightening. Women in their pregnancy stages, experience sagging or loosening of the skin. Inversion exercises help in increasing blood flow to a great extent and are recommended for tightening of facial skin. Performing a headstand rejuvenates skin cells. This is because, while doing a headstand the blood flows in the direction of your head.
- A balanced diet and plenty of water intake. If you want to maintain tight skin tissue, a proper balanced diet is quite essential. Your diet should comprise of every vital nutrient. Ensure that you are including a sufficient amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins in your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables account for natural skin tightening. Fibers must also be consumed. Intake of plenty of water is very important for healthy skin. You should drink more than 4 liters of water a day. In case of hot and humid days, the amount should be increased even more.
If you maintain the stated points in your life, you will be able to naturally maintain your skin tightness and keep away from surgery.
Dandruff is a condition that involves shedding of dead cells from the skin of the scalp. However, it is not just confined to the head and can also affect the ears, eyebrows, sides of the nose, facial hair, as well as the pubic hair. It can occur on any part of the body with hair follicles.
Dandruff is also known as seborrheic dermatitis or seborrhea. When it occurs in newborn children, it is prevalently called a "cradle cap", which usually vanishes after a couple of months to return at a later age. Among teenagers, it is generally known as dandruff.
Homeopathy cures the individual in general. It implies that homeopathic treatment concentrates on the patient as a whole, and additionally their neurotic condition. The homeopathic medicines are chosen after a full examination and case-investigation of the patient. This includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution and so forth. Here are a few homeopathic treatments for dandruff:
- Thuja occidentalis: This medicine is used for white, textured dandruff with dry hair and flakes that keep falling everywhere. In this condition, itching is very common and usually bad for the patient as well.
- Natrum muriaticum: Patients who take this usually have dandruff and an oily and sleek scalp. Dry eruptions occur, particularly on the edges of the scalp. Alopecia as well as tingling and blazing of hair follicles happens.
- Kali sulphuricum: This remedy is usually effective in the later stages of dandruff where there is a lot of swelling and inflammation. The dandruff in this condition has yellow scales and gets worse under warm conditions and during the evening. However, it is better in the cool.
- Graphites: People use this when they experience dryness of scalp, or a sticky and itchy sensation on the scalp, which gives a foul smell. Patients who are somewhat stout with a fair complexion and are prone to skin disease and constipation, tend to take this solution as well. It builds up the skin and encourages re-growth.
- Phosphorus: Itching of the scalp, dandruff and hair fall in huge bundles are all cured by this medicine. Hair loss at certain areas in patches is also why phosphorus is taken. It is usually consumed by tall thin people with a reasonable skin, fragile eyelashes, blonde or red hair and an extremely delicate nature. Youngsters who grow too quickly usually get anemic, which causes a lot of dandruff.
- Carboneum sulphuratum: Chronic skin diseases with much itching are cured by it. It is extremely useful for patients separated by abuse of liquor.
- Sulfur: Dry scalp, excessive hair fall and dandruff due to continuous washing of hair are fixed by this solution. People with anxious personalities, fast motion, hot temper and sensitive skin are recommended this cure.
I have skin problem like dag in my Thai I use oflochem otc cream can you please advise me how can I solve my skin problem.
I under went for multiple surgeries due to complex recurrence anal fistula and hence my spine muscle got damaged. Thus, I am unable to control feces most of the time. What is the remedy for strengthening spine muscle and to come back for normal.
I am 20 years male. Before 10 years I got 7 stitches on my face. Now this looks very ugly. This is on right side of chin. This place become hard and different colour from skin. Also beard not grow at this place please tell me best method to remove this.
Boils are a bacterial infection that inflames the hair follicles. They are usually painful and filled with pus. Boils appear as red lumps and quickly fill with pus as days go by. They eventually rupture and drain. A cluster of boils at the same place or in patches is known as a carbuncle. In case a single boil makes an appearance in any part of the body, it should not rupture as it can quickly spread the infection in other parts of the body as well.
Boils mainly occur in areas such as armpits, thighs, face, neck and buttocks. Their appearance mainly occurs in places covered with hair and tends to sweat a lot. Some of the common symptoms include red bump the size of a pea, reddish appearance of the skin near the bump, increase in size of the structure and eventually rupturing.
When to consult a doctor?
A doctor must be visited when there is more than one boil in a particular area. Some other areas of concern include:
If the size of a boil is more than 5 centimetres.
If the boil causes fever.
If the boil doesn’t heal in more than a couple of weeks.
If the boils increase in size and become extremely painful.
If the boil appears on the face.
Risk Factors of Boils:
Boils are caused by a bacterium known as Staphylococcus aureus. They get entry to the skin where it is broken. Some of the common risk factors of this infection include diabetes, long-term infection, weakened immune system and other skin infection such as eczema, and acne.
A doctor is likely to diagnose boils just by having a look at it. In the case of any confusion, he might send the sample to a pathology lab for the purpose of testing. It is most likely to happen when the boil isn’t responding to any treatment. In case the boil becomes resistant to standard treatment, a doctor might take a different course of action.
Boils can be treated at home itself with a warm compressor. It not only relieves pain but helps in natural damage. If the boil doesn’t go away, a dermatologist must be consulted. On consultation, the dermatologist can make an incision in the infected area in order to drain the pus. For deep infections, the pus is drained with the help of sterile gauze. In case the boil is severe in nature, a doctor prescribes antibiotics to heal the infected area. For prevention, it should be ensured that the hand is washed frequently and especially so before a meal. The wound should be covered at all times and personal belongings should not be shared.
I want skin whitening pills. Which is whitening my skin without any side effects. please tell me which pills I should be used for my skin whitening & glowing.
Ovaries are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. The primary function of ovaries includes producing ‘ova’ or eggs and secreting hormones such as progesterone and estrogen. Cysts are fluid-filled sacs that form the ovaries; they usually do not cause any symptom and are not painful.
There are primarily two types of ovarian cysts:
1. Follicle cysts: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, the egg develops in a sac known as the follicle. Under normal circumstances, the sac breaks open and releases the egg. When this doesn’t happen, fluids start accumulating in the follicle to form a cyst.
2. Corpus luteum cysts: Follicle sacs dissolve after releasing the egg, but in some cases, these sacs remain and the opening of the sacs gets sealed. It again results in fluid accumulation, leading to the formation of corpus luteum cysts.
Usually, cysts do not cause any symptom. If the size of the cysts increases, they may cause symptoms such as stomach pain, pain during bowel movements and sex as well as pelvic floor pain. The breasts may become tender and one may experience rapid breathing. Other symptoms of ovarian cysts are fever, nausea and dizziness. Usually, rupturing of a cyst leads to these symptoms surfacing; hence you would know when exactly to call the doctor.
The treatment options for ovarian cysts are:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is carried out if the cysts are small in size. An incision is made close to the navel, through which an instrument is inserted to get rid of the cyst.
- Birth control pills: For chronic ovarian cysts, oral contraceptives are prescribed to stop the ovulation process in order to arrest the formation of cysts.
- Laparotomy: In case of large cysts, this procedure is recommended. A relatively bigger incision is made in the abdomen, through which the cyst is removed.
Ovarian cysts, if left untreated, can certainly cause infertility. Pre-menopausal women and who suffer from frequent hormonal imbalances in the body are the most vulnerable to this condition.
Healthy skin is a sign of overall good health and vitality. Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
There are certain habits, which can be followed by you on a regular basis to restore the health of your skin. Some of them are:
- Exercise regularly: Exercising on a regular basis improves your skin health as it increases blood circulation in the body. Consequently, it helps in delivering various nutrients to the skin, which in turn defers aging. Daily exercises also prevent the onset of various skin disorders.
- Keeping it clean: You should keep your skin clean to prevent the buildup of dirt. This prevents clogging of the pores and enables the skin to breathe.
- Intake of vitamin C in various forms: Vitamin C is used in the collagen production process by amino acids. One of the most convenient ways of maintaining the glow of your skin is to introduce fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamin C.
- Quit smoking: The pursuit of healthy skin necessitates immediate disengagement with smoking. This fatal habit should be avoided at all cost, as it triggers and facilitates the aging process. It also aggravates the production of free radicals in the skin which in turn adversely affects the skin.
- Less exposure to the sun: Exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun may damage the collagen structure of the skin. It also causes tanning and increases your chance of developing skin cancer.
- Avoid sweet food: Consumption of sweets may lead to the formation of various substances, which threaten to damage the collagen structure and subsequently aggravates the aging process.
- Antioxidants: Fruits and leafy vegetables are generally packed with antioxidants. A potential damage of the skin can be deterred by including them in the diet.
- Massage: Skin massages facilitate blood circulation on the skin and eradicates the damaging effect of the free radicals. This ensures that you have healthy and refreshed skin.
- Plant proteins: The level of oestrogen falls drastically in women after menopause, leading to the development of wrinkles.Foods, such as soy, nuts and beans minimise this effect by replenishing the level of oestrogen in the body and therefore must be incorporated in the diet.
Doctor i'm having light horizontal line over my nose. How this can prevented is chemical peeling is effective for this.
Scabies is an infection of the skin that is caused by an incredibly tiny mite ‘Sarcoptes scabiei’. They thrive on the surface of the epidermis and can survive up to two months. The outward symptoms include itchy, blister-like hives on the surface of the skin.
It is tremendously infectious and can easily be passed from one individual to another via skin contact. Usage of bedding or clothing that is infested may easily cause the mites to infect one.
- Soles of the feet
- Arsenic album: This medication is used when the eruptions emerge on the knees. Eruptions are the numerous dry small pustules which are accompanied by a very strong burning and itching sensation.
- Carbo veg: This is administered when the condition has a parched appearance almost all over the body, particularly bad on the extremities. The itching sensation gets worse at night or after undressing.
- Hepar Sulph and Sepia: It is used when the rashes develop near the folds of the skin. The flare-ups are usually hard and ooze pus. Another situation that warrants the usage of this medicine is when the patient becomes extremely uncomfortable in cold environments.
- Sulphur: The use of sulphur comes as an ultimate resort to curing this problem. It is the absolute remedy for persistent, neglected, stubborn, underlying cases of scabies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
मेरी उम्र 31 साल है मेरे चेहरे पर 3 साल से झाइयाँ है जब दवाई लेता हूं तो ठीक हो जाती और दवाई बंद करते ही वापस हो जाती है सर्दियों में ये ज्यादा दिखतीं है please कोई स्थायी इलाज़ बतायें
I am 42 years old I am taking warf 5 mg for past 6 years for treatment of DVT how many years should I continue?
Can I use panderm plus for fairness? I was using it before. It gave me good results. I din have any side effects also. My skin became clear and fair. Pls suggest me I wanna continue using it like before?
Hello my problem is that I am not able to sleep whole night since many days as a result dark circles under my eyes has occur .rarely I sleep 2-3 hrs please help.
Is your skin pigmentation becoming uneven because of certain changes going on in your body? This condition is quite common in pregnant women. There are several forms of treatments that are available for the management of this issue and for restoring pigmentation and skin complexion. You can choose from various procedures according to your requirements, and desired results. It is possible to completely diminish the appearance of skin pigmentation. These advanced skin care techniques for pigmentation are suitable for all skin types.
The top skin care treatment procedures for pigmentation are as follows:
Carbon laser peel
- This advanced laser peel is much more effective than chemical peels.
- This is a safe and fast facial treatment, which does not involve a long recovery time. It is ideal for any skin tone or type.
- The damaged outer layers of your skin are removed and the production of collagen in the underlying layers is promoted.
- Skin pores are also minimized as a result.
- The procedure is like a purifying process for deep cleansing of the skin.
- It is also important for controlling acne, inflammation, and sebaceous secretion.
- This is a non invasive procedure used for resurfacing your skin, and does not involve much downtime.
- During the process, the superficial upper layers of dead skin get exfoliated using a flow of crystals.
- Your cell and collagen production gets stimulated which reduces the appearance of large pores.
- Dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and bacteria are also removed, giving you healthy skin devoid of acne and bacteria.
- This treatment procedure is effective in providing healthy and good looking skin.
- This treatment is enhanced with the addition of a certain facial peel.
- It is a three-stage peel that involves an activator that stimulates your skin, a detoxifier for cleansing your skin, and an oxygenator for leaving your skin clear and clean.
Tri Fractional Resurfacing treatment
- This is another effective treatment procedure that is meant for improving your skin pigmentation and overall skin health.
- This noninvasive procedure rapidly improves the appearance of your skin that is scarred by acne.
- By using three-pulse fractional technology for resurfacing your skin effectively and safely, this procedure improves your skin’s appearance dramatically.
- The procedure involves minimal discomfort and the recovery time is quite less.
- Micro wounds created in the target area of your skin triggers your body to heal naturally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!