Doctor in Manrang counselling and hypnotherapy centre
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Manrang counselling and hypnotherapy centreYour feedback matters!
Sir Im 42 years old. When in am in rest condition I am depressed and feeling restless. But I am in working Im feeling better and energetic.
Sir, kuch se kuch Bolte h thk se chal nai pate h ,Ajeeb Ajeeb bataey karte h .Chalte h toh gir jate h .CT scan mei kuch nai Nikla h.
Depression is quite commonly used term by each and every individual today. However, what we really need to know is what exactly the term means?
If we talk about india, we are considered to be the most depressed nation according to recent research.
It is an emotional state which can be experienced by anyone and at anytime. It is a condition that can develop in both men and women, from people with different socio – economic status. Some popular faces have also fought with this battle – the much talked about celebrity owen wilson, angelina jolie, johnny depp, deepika padukone, sanjay dutt, jiah khan to name a few.
Over the years, immense amount research has also shown that women are more prone to depression and suicidal tendencies. The age of onset of depression usually starts with puberty, as one experience hormonal changes which in turn can trigger depression. One can also develop depression in childhood and sometime can also develop this condition in 20’s and 30’s. Depression can also have a late onset ranging from 45-50 years.
If we talk about our present lifestyle, we all experience ups and downs which in turn produce different kind of emotions in us. There are some primary emotions experience by all, these include happy, sad, afraid/surprised, and angry/disgust. The emotion commonly associated with depression is sadness. If this sadness takes over your life along with feeling of emptiness and despair what you are likely to experience is depression. Therefore, sadness completely does not define depression.
There are various types of depression, however, the most common symptoms of depression includes –
- Depressed mood or irritability nearly every day.
- Decreased interest or pleasure in most of the activities which once enjoyed.
- Significant weight gain or weight loss (change of 5% of body weight).
- Increased or decreased appetite.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Diminished ability to think or concentrate on a task.
- Fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day.
- Feeling of hopelessness, worthlessness, helplessness or guilt.
- Frequent thoughts of death or suicide plan.
These symptoms can be caused by various factors and these causes vary from individual to individual. The most common contributing factor includes –
- Genetics – is the most common contributing factor. Any family history increases the likelihood for the development depression.
- Abuse – any form of physical, sexual verbal or emotional abuse can trigger depression.
- Life events – such as death or loss of a loved one, unemployment, financial problems, academics and work stress can be a contributing factor.
- Hormonal changes – that are especially experienced by women during menstrual cycle or at the time of pregnancy can develop this condition.
- Body image – how we perceive our body has a profound impact over us. Those who as specially dissatisfied with their appearance are on high risk for developing depression.
- Addiction – any form of addiction like alcohol addiction, gambling has found to have a significant relationship with depression. Recent studies have found that internet addiction is also one of the developing factors associated with depression.
It is not easy to handle depression on your own, what one needs is a professional help. You need to seek help from a psychiatrist and a psychologist in order to overcome this condition. However try to follow these simple tips in your life to avoid the possibility of developing depression –
- Construct a daily routine for self.
- Set achievable goals in life.
- Express yourself and share your problems with your loved one.
- Have a balanced diet.
- Take good amount of 6 -8 hours sleep.
- Exercise five days a week for at least for 30 minutes in a day.
- Visit an ngo, old age home by offering a helping hand for mental peace and satisfaction.