Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Vijaykumar Aware PatilYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.
Pregnancy is a life altering experience for all expecting mothers. During the gestation period, each and every cell of a woman’s body undergoes a full transformation. There needs to be perfect harmony between the various aspects of the woman and her baby’s health for the pregnancy to progress smoothly. Any imbalance, however, can lead to a range of problems that will require special care.
Ayurveda is one of the most effective kinds of therapies that help deal with problems of pregnancy. During this period, using Ayurveda to support your health could be most helpful for the development of your baby. Ayurveda will help you effectively deal with all kinds of pregnancy complications such as high blood pressure, fluid retention, spotting, etc.
Following are some of the ways in which you can use Ayurveda to deal with all the various problems of pregnancy:
- Ayurvedic herbal massages: Opting for a daily Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils can induce well-being in both mother and child. These have a very positive impact on the sensory nervous system and you feel calmn during the period of gestation.
- Dealing with morning sickness: Morning sickness is a common pregnancy problem and in Ayurveda, it is known as Garbhini Charddi. There are many Ayurvedic remedies for morning sickness which include matala rasayana (10 grams of it is to be mixed with honey and consumed twice a day), eladi vati (an Ayurvedic medication that helps relieve cough, vomiting and cold), eladi choorna (with elaichi as one of its important ingredients, this Ayurvedic concoction is used to treat indigestion, vomiting and excessive thirst), etc.
- Balancing the vata: According to Ayurvedic principles, the growth of the foetus is aided by the energies known as apana vata and prana vata which fulfil the needs of the pregnancy. It is important to maintain a good balance between these vata for dealing with all the problems that come with pregnancy. The simplest way to do this is to adhere to a healthy and wholesome Ayurvedic diet and avoid all foods that cause harm to the system.
These are just a few examples of dealing with pregnancy related problems with the help of Ayurveda. The most important aspect of Ayurveda is that is treats all the problems at the very root and provides a holistic remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am suffering from dysmenorrhea. Every month on d very first day of its start I feel severe cramps and backache. It is almost impossible to move from bed. Ive been taking some treatments and even tried my hand on homeopathy but nothing seemed to work. I have to opt for painkiller. Please help me with this.
Is it possible to grow hair on bald spots, If so how much time will it take to grow and pls suggest some natural remedies.
Hi I'm 24 year old recently I used public washroom few days ago but now I got urinary Infection please suggest any medication.
I have red rashes near my upper thighs. I used fourderm cream but it comes back again and again. So prescribe me some oral drugs and some cream through which it can be cured.
Hello sir, meri ek friend h jiske face pe hamesa dana nikal jata h wo pimples ni hota h kisi aur type ka dana rahta h, mai kuch suggest kijiye taki uska face Acha ho jaye aur wo thik ho jaye.
The inability of the man to physically satisfy his partner is known as impotency. Such a situation and severly hamper your relation with your partner and can cause differences. The problem is also often known as erectile dysfunction. The cause of erectile dysfunction can be physical, medical, or psychological in nature. Sexual prowess and libido in men are affected by various systems of the body and the mind. Some of the most commonly occurring causes are:
- Old age
- Stress and anxiety
- Addiction to nicotine and alcohol
- Narcotics abuse
- Physical injuries
- Nervous disorders
- Obesity and high cholesterol
- Cardiac disease and heart complications
Obesity is one of the most important causes of erectile dysfunction. It obstructs proper flow of blood to the penis. Also, research associates obesity with reduced levels of testosterone and lesser sex drive, in turn, causing problems related to erection. Therefore, reducing weight becomes very important in order to trest this condition.
Studies show that within a span of two months, losing 5-10% of the body weight helps a man to improve erectile function. Weight loss not only improves the health of the man significantly, but also leads to improvement in the sex life. Men with this condition usually depend on pills like Viagra or Cialis to get erections. But once they start losing weight by doing proper physical exercises and maintain a proper diet, they do not feel the need to rely on them anymore. Also, most researchers share the view that weight loss achieved through lifestyle modifications helps in relieving you from erectile dysfunction in addition to enhancing your mental health and self-confidence. These lifestyle alterations generally include consumption of a healthier diet and increasing the amount of physical activity performed during the day and show better results than drugs and surgery used for losing weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am loosing my hairs due to dandruff in 16 years age what should I do to avoid it I use all shampoos all soaps but no effect.
Hi, im 25. I have a digestive problem. I feel crappy every time I eat. My bowel movements are very irregular. Sometimes I have to take a dump once in a day or it could go upto every time I eat. I do not feel any kind of pain though. I had consulted a general physician and gotten all kinds of tests. All test results were normal. Not sure what the problem is. Or what kind of doctor to see. Please help. Im trying to gain weight as well but have been only able to load on 3 kgs in a month.
Hey doctor would you please help me I want to grow a few inches taller I am 17 years old and my height is 164 cms I want to grow a few inches taller would you please suggest me some diet and exercises that is gona help me thanking you in anticipation.
I had last period on 19 Aug. I am frst time pregnant. My first ultrasound is scheduled on 1 Nov. Can I have it on 29 Oct?
For a mother, the first few months after delivery are crucial since the uterus after expanding due to delivery, shrinks back to its normal size. Moreover the tendons, ligaments and muscles connected to the uterus begin to regain the power and strength lost during labor. A lot of emphasis is put on postnatal care in Ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggested diet tips:
According to your digestive system, you must take Sesame oil i.e. Til oil and ghee i.e. clarified butter after mixing it with panchkola. Once this mixture has been digested, you must consume rice gruel and milk that is medicated with Vidharigandhadi gana or panchkola. Apart from these, you must consume jaggery water for about a week. After a week, you must eat foods that are easily digestible to help you regain your strength.
Do's and Don'ts:
1. Do massage yourself with Vatahara Oil
2. Do bathe with warm water
3. Do keep your perineum and breasts clean
4. Do urinate every 5 hours
5. Do breastfeed properly
6. Don't consume food irregularly
7. Don't have stale or cold food
8. Don't retain urine or feces
9. Don't indulge in sex or exercise
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs:
All the medicines and herbs mentioned below are never advised together. An ayurvedic specialist will usually give you a combination of a few medicines depending on your symptoms and condition.
1. Dashamoolarishtam: Dashamoolarishtam is extremely effective in boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. It is usually prescribed for the first few months as it also helps reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Jeerakarishtam: Jeerakarishtam is well known for inducing normal lactation, and is usually prescribed to mothers during the monsoon or winter seasons. This is because it keeps the body warm owing to its hot nature.
3. Shatavari Gulam: Improve lactation and achieve overall hormonal balance by consuming Shatavari Gulam.
4. Pulileham: Pulileham is administered to new mothers from the third week onwards for about a month and half.
5. Shatavari: Shatavari herb is mixed with boiling milk to improve the production of breast milk and avoid post partum depression. It is also useful for normal involution of the uterus.
6. Musta: Apart from improving breast milk production, musta herbs also relieves clogs in milk ducts and inflammation.
Unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle combined with bad eating habits are majorly responsible for acidity in people today. It is experienced not only by the people of upper age groups, but also by children as they eat a lot of junk food outside.
Acidity happens due to excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. If you have upper abdominal discomfort or pain, stomach fullness, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, belching, water brash or irregular bowel movement, then you must be suffering from acidity or gastritis.
According to Ayurveda, the main cause of this condition is the worsening of the Pitta Dosha (the fire element) in your body. The reasons that worsen this dosha are:
- Having foods that don't match your constitution or which aren't supposed to be taken together like milk and salt or milk and fish.
- Smoking, excessive intake of coffee, tea and alcohol.
- Intake of extremely spicy and sour beverages and foods.
- Consuming white flour products, especially products made from white sugar.
- Having food even though you may be suffering from indigestion
- Controlling the urge to urinate or pass stool
- Prolonged exposure to heat and the sun
What does worsening Pitta Dosha do to your digestive power?
The exacerbated Pitta worsens your digestive fire, causing your food to be not properly digested as well as influence the production of ama (toxins). When ama builds up in your digestive channels, it brings about the problem of hyperacidity. The treatment focuses on calming down the irritated Pitta Dosha. For this, certain herbs are used to get rid of the toxins that block these channels. This automatically improves your digestive fire, inducing better digestion.
What changes you're required to make?
To keep this problem at bay, there are certain lifestyle changes that you may have to make such as: Practice yoga and Pranayam like Bhujangasana, Vajrasana, Shitkari Pranayam and so on. Avoid fermented as well as processed foods. Avoid coffee, tea, alcoholic or carbonated beverages. Curb the consumption of acidic foods like garlic, onions, ginger, vinegar, and tomatoes. Also, avoid having curd / yogurt at night.
The benefit of jogging is that it can reduce your risk of developing a host of disease.
Researchers strongly agree that jogging is helpful in the immune system remarkably well and also helps control and prevents diabetes.
It is estimated that you will burn roughly around 150 calories for every mile that you go jogging.