Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Mr. Rakesh MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am having severe headache everytime. I just feel sleepy and depressed every time. I am not able to concentrate on my work. So tell me how to overcome?
What are the significant symptoms of depression, as we see everyone is suffering from mild depression? How does a counsellor or psychologist diagnose accurately the levels of depression? And m preparing to consult one for me please guide from whom should I seek help and in person or not, which would help and there rapid question.
Asperger's Syndrome has recently come under the umbrella of Autism Spectrum Disorder. This syndrome usually affects the social skills of the patient, most heavily. The patient may seem normal and even intelligent at first glance. But on closer interaction, several social skill problems will come to the fore including an obsessive focus on certain topics and issues. Repetitive behaviour is also a part of this disease.
Let us find out more about Asperger's Syndrome:
- Symptoms: The symptoms usually begin to show up early on in one's childhood. The patient will not be able to make eye contact while speaking with others. Also, a perfectly normal person may seem inordinately shy and reserved during social interactions. This awkwardness may come to the fore in the form of looking for expression cues on other people's faces and even the body language. The patient may not be a very happy and lively soul, with hardly a smile to crack at the funniest of jokes. The lack of emotions or the emotionally numb state is also a major giveaway of the condition. Other symptoms may include a strong aversion towards change in food habits and routine.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis is usually done by mental health specialists like a developmental paediatrician, a psychiatrist, a psychologist or even a paediatric neurologist. These specialists can put the child through a variety of tests that will study the neurological health as well as the speech and emotional behaviour of the child.
- Educating the Parent: Once the diagnosis has been done, the parents of the patient will have to appraised of the condition and its implications. The symptoms and treatment will have to be duly discussed even as the parents are put through training and therapy to learn techniques with which they can help the child in progressing along more normal lines. The therapy will also help the parents deal with the challenge of living with someone suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: There are varied forms of treatment that aim at fixing the specific areas and symptoms that the patient is learning to live with. Social skills training, speech and language therapy, CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and other forms of treatment can help the child overcome many symptoms that come from this condition.
In the course of the treatment, it is important for the child, parent and therapist concerned to realise that there is no single approach that can be applied to all patients suffering from Asperger's Syndrome. Individual care and therapy will be required for individual cases. At the same time, most of the skills will need to be repeated at home so that the child takes them more seriously.
Due to one month of illness. I'm mentally disturbed. I don't know what to do now and I feel like blank everywhere in my life. please council me to get out of all this.
Hello I want a guideline for my father his age is 55 and suffering from depression, mental illnesses and anxiety I don't know to whom Dr. I prefred coz many time many Dr. We changed bt nothing effective please guide me.
My wife is suffering from depression for last six years. She is taking placida tablet daily as per advice of doctor but she complains of knee pain regularily and also taking thioroid tablets. She also has constipation problem and fast breathing during evening. Please advise its treatment. She has also developed fat ( height-5' 2, weight-70 kg, age-53 yrs ).
I always think a lot. My memory is very poor. If I think first and then later second thought. I forget first thought. Thinking unconscious every time. Not able concentrate on even small conversation or communication.
Hi, I was with my aunt & uncle over a month and I have seen there my uncle treat my aunt like an animal he beat her regularly that in front of my eyes with belts wire , charger of laptop etc my aunt somehow managed me to send out me my home now I am in my home but since the things that I seen there regularly comes in mind I didn't even sleep sometimes what should I do or please suggest me advice me deeply I never expected anything that my Uncle did with my aunt there I got very much depressed and mentally ill please suggest me what should I do what should my parents do and my family.
Sir my brother normally he don't have any problem bt for the certain period he will be feel depressed and say that I have cancer diseases and like that. And now its last stage and sometime say I have a big diseases doctor told to our relative. Like he is doing like that for last 10 yrs. Bt not alway he will do like that only for 10 days in a year or may be once in 6 month. Even doctor checked him they don't found any diseases like that. So please help me I think he have some psychological problem. And at last I would like to inform you that he run a shop of furniture hardware.
I am 39 years old I am feeling a bit depressed from last couple of months relating to my business problems and the debts have been rising, can not see any solution in the near future.
Anxiety, stress and depression are common mental health disorders. Though they may be overlooked as “something that’s in your mind”, but these disorders can have serious implications on your health and the quality of your life. Homeopathy is an effective way of treating disorders like anxiety, stress and depression with negligible side effects.
Anxiety can be defined as the general feeling of fear or apprehension. Anxiety disorders may be seen in the form of general anxiety, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorders. Anxiety symptoms are generally sporadic and follow not set pattern. Homeopathy can be used to treat anxiety once the cause for the disorder can be identified. Two of the most common forms of homeopathic treatment for anxiety are:
- Aconitum napellus: Waves of anxiety or outright panic attacks can be treated with aconite. This is also beneficial if the person is fearful, restless, agitated or if he has recently experienced an accident or natural disaster.
- Argentum nitricum: Anxiety often takes the form of apprehension and nervousness about the future. In such a case, Argentum nitricum (Arg-n.) can be an effective form of treatment. Such cases of anxiety can worsen with heat and in crowded spaces.
The terms stress and anxiety are often used interchangeably, but they have different medical definitions. The response to situations and events that make us frustrated, anxious or angry are known as stress factors. Each person has a different response to stress. While it temporarily enhances productivity in some people, it can paralyze others. Here are two common homeopathic medicines that can be used to treat stress.
- Kali phosphoricum: Stress caused by overworking or illness can be treated with Kali phosphoricum. In such cases, the patient may be jumpy, over sensitive and can find it difficult to cope with normal life. Kali phosphoricum helps relax the nervous system and can also be used to treat insomnia caused by stress.
- Lycopodium: If stress causes the person to feel inadequate and pretend to be someone they are not, Lycopodium is a good form of homeopathic treatment. This can also treat irritability, crankiness and social withdrawal that results from stress.
Mild depression is often self diagnosed as a simple bad mood. There are many causes for depression including changes in the biochemical makeup of the brain. Here are a few homeopathic prescriptions for depression.
- Aurum metallicum: Failure to succeed is a primary cause for depression in people focused on work. Aurum metallicum can be used to treat such cases of depression. These symptoms may also be accompanied by feelings of humiliation and discouragement.
- Causticum: Depression caused by grief or loss can be treated with causticum. This also treats accompanying frequent crying, forgetfulness and mental dullness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
I am male aged 26 year, I get erected when I see a shirtless man or men in shorts or seminude men. I don't feel excited when I see a lady even fully nude, I fear why this happens to me please help?
I do not get words in my mind while speaking, I get stuck and I think fast, and I stammer badly. Suggest me ayurvedic medicine or homeopathic medicine along with pranayama to cure stammering?
The success of every relationship is built on selective acts of blindness and deafness and bouts of forgetfulness
Honesty and transparency are laudable qualities in principle but when translated to reality the blinding light they throw on families and relationships is too harsh a glare to bear up to. Very few can take that kind of blinding truth in their stride