Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. Rakesh MehtaYour feedback matters!
I imagine things like someone I wanna be. But I cant control it. I mean when i am talking to someone my mind is somewhere else when I try to concentrate on conversation its only for a minute then again lost in imagination. Please help me.
What are the side effects of taking Tab. Restil .25 OD for ten years for a male patient of Anxiety age 54 years?
I have been in depression from 4 months. And I can't sleep at night. Sometimes I break down. and cry all the time at night. What should I do doctor? Please help me out.
I am preparing for MBBS exam and and now only few months are remaining but I can' t able to focus completely due to low confidence and improper schedule as a lot of time is also consumed in sleeping generally 10 to 12 hours so kindly light up the way.
I used to drink 5-6 pegs daily for almost 15 years. I have stopped alcohol since last two years. Will this have any other effect. I feel like memory loss.
I am 25 year old man and I am suffering for gas problem what should I do? And also suffering from tension problem.
I always feel frustrated from inside. Don't like to stay at home. Like to stay alone. I don't live someone give me order. I sometime hurt myself. I hit myself. Always feel sad what to do?
Hi. I am 23 years female. I have a dark skin around month. Don't exactly remember from how many years. I want to remove it as it look odd. I consult a doctor he said it is due to dandruff on face or pigmentation. I dnt exactly get why dandruff on face causes skin darkening. Can you please suggest me what should I do?
I'm suffering from eyesight problem. It often pains and swells. I'm also suffering from depression and mental stress. What should I do?
Sometimes I feel restless not for smoking but for everything. I am experiencing a lot of mood fluctuations. Is it because I smoke and drink a lot? what can I do to avoid the craving for smoke?
I am 34. I hv no marriage m single so I am always in frustration for having no life partner in my life. All of my friends married. Because I am not much smart so girls reject me. How I deal wit this problem.
Sir, how to control emotion about crush and forget girl and I am trying to move on but I can not do.
My husband is alcoholic and even after rehab he was not able to leave alcohol and drugs will this habit go with him his whole life or any chances to improve.
I stammer alot. Whenever I am angry or nervous or maybe speak in a rush, I stammer. Mostly in vowels. What should I do?
I'm 21years old male and I have problem of memory I can not remember things quickly or easily I have to memorized a particular thing to remember so is there any solution?
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.