Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. PradeepYour feedback matters!
I am 37 y old female, suffering from insomnia and depression for last 6 months. Reducing body weight rapidly. Negative thinking always arise in mind about God and going afraid and crying. Menstruation stops last 15 months. Please advise me.
Sir I have problem of stammering. So I face lots of problem while talking with someone. So suggest me some medicine or exercise (if any) To reduce this. Plzzz sir.
Most people feel that long distance relationships are rarely successful and so it is better to avoid such complications. But then it is also a fact that there are many success stories wherein things have worked out just fine. Though a long distance relationship has its own set of difficulties, it has several surprises too. Enjoying simple things like holding each other’s hand, dining together and taking a walk together suddenly can become some of the most cherished things.
Here are a few tips to make your long distance relation healthy and strong:
- Communicate with each other, but avoid over communication: It is true that in a long distance relationship communication is very important. But often, a partner being overly possessive might want prolonged phone calls over hours, and this can make the entire deal extremely irritating and tiresome. Communication can be regular, but then make sure that you enjoy the conversation. The length of the conversation doesn’t really matter, it’s the quality of that small talk you have with your partner. Respect your partner’s space and privacy and don’t go overboard talking about all the daily humdrums of your life.
- Be honest with one another: Honesty is the key to a successful relationship and this becomes even more important if it is a long distance one. While it is true that you need not share every single detail of your life, sharing things that might be bothering you or things on which you might want to come clean can of help. This will also help take the load off you that might be sitting tight on your chest. So, the best thing would be an honest discussion with your partner who should and will help you to find a solution. Avoid selfishness, over communication and improve openness and transparency are good things to marital harmony.
- Make right use of social media: Video calling might not be up your alley, especially if you are of the fairer sex. However, do enjoy it once in a while, even if it is for your partner. Remember, your partner certainly loves seeing you and video calling once in a while will surely make his day.
- Make plans to see each other once in a while: Meeting each other once in a few weeks or months keeps things going. As mentioned above, a long distance relationship has its own perks; the want and the desire to see and be with each other get amplified when you decide to meet after a month or two. True, sexual intimacy is that one thing that comes to the fore when you meet after a while. But try to revel in each other’s company; enjoy long bottled up conversations. Nothing can bring two love birds close than a perfect warm conversation over a cup of cappuccino. Being in a long distance relation isn’t easy but it is worth it if you truly feel connected to your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hiiii. I am a 23 year boy. I have a problem of stammering since I was in class 8. At that time problem was not big. It ends up when I reached my class 10 and I doesn't face much problem since I reached 22. But now it has again aroused since last 8 months and I am not able to communicate properly. Feels shy and less confident. Please help.
We generally use the word 'stress' when we feel that everything becomes too much to handle - we are overloaded and wonder whether we can cope with the pressures placed upon us. Nowadays stress is a normal part of life. Almost everyone has some sort of stress.
Constantly reacting to stressful situations without making adjustments to counter the effects, threatens our health and well-being.
Here is a list of valid reasons for choosing homeopathy for stress treatment:
- Identifying the cause: Homeopathic medicines are not designed to suppress the symptoms and offer superficial relief. They work towards restoring the vitality of the body as a whole so that the body can itself combat with the diseases. Similar is the case for stress. Homeopathic medications address the underlying issues that cause stress and, therefore, they help you in dealing with your medical condition more effectively and permanently.
- In-depth research: Homeopathy treatment is based on in-depth research to ascertain the factors that are responsible for your stress and deal with your condition accordingly. Your brain is just another organ operating on the same biochemical principles as or heart or thyroid or liver. We experience feelings, positive or negative, at the cellular level - scientifically, it is no more than a complex interaction of chemicals and electrical activity. The approach of homeopathy is more specific and, therefore, more effective.
- Symptom-based treatment: Homeopathy recognizes the uniqueness of the various symptoms and responses associated with stress. For instance: Homeopathic medicines for stress, when the cause of stress is grief (eg: losing a dear one) is Ignatia and natrum mur; whereas the medicines for stress, when stress is caused due to 'long and stressful work hours' is kali phos.
I am 23 year old. And my memory easily forget anything what I wanna remember. So please advise me some medicine.
I am having problem with my mind. I can't memorize things for long. Need your help to redeem this problem?
1. Take a moment to breathe.
Anxiety can cause us to clench our muscles and hold our breath, thus depleting our bodies of calming oxygen. Take three-to-five intentional deep breaths. Focusing your attention on the inhale and exhale can help calm nerves, relax your muscles and provide a helpful timeout to regroup.
2. Free write.
In anxiety-provoking situations, you might feel out of control and thus try to control every little detail until it makes you crazy. Rather than act on the fly or do or say something you might regret, try to instead jot your thoughts down on paper. Free writing can help you release some of the tension tied to the situation and help you gain valuable clarity to regain composure.
3. Take a physical time out.
Take a 10-minute timeout from the activity or situation. Whether you're strolling up your locality with the wind in your hair, or sitting in a quiet space, taking time to yourself can provide a welcome distraction and let your body and mind regroup.
4. Remember, "qué será, será!"
"What will be, will be." It seems like the times in life when I've tried to control circumstances the most is when things did not go my way. Take a few steps back and remember that time heals, and can give you the clarity needed to act with integrity. Realize also that not everything is in our control and some things need to work themselves out naturally.
I like my house maid who is nice, sincere and honest. I feel like hugging her and give sweet kiss. I had kept her photograph in pocket which my wife saw one day and burnt it in front of me. I felt very bad and and started hating my wife since then. I do not have any bad intention about our house maid. Please advise.
Me apne aap ko leke tens hu me boht kuch krna chahti hu lekin mujse ho nhi pata or mera mind boht sochta h pura din aesi waist ho jata h .muje aisa lgta h jese mere mind ko kisi ne bhand diya ho. During study I always fel sleepy. Or mera exam me bilkul b man nhi krta pdhne ka .so wat should I do to concentart properly towards my study.
Facing fear to do each thing. First raise the question in mind Can I do id? I got loose confidence when I face the things. For exp interview.
"Lung diseases caused by smoking. If you have asthma, tobacco smoke can trigger an attack or make an attack worse. Smokers are 12 to 13 times more likely to die from COPD (long term lung disease Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease) than nonsmokers.”
Smoking puts you at risk for developing many cancers including Lung cancer.
Smoking makes it more difficult to control your blood sugar. And the reason is the NICOTINE.
Nicotine raises levels of hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) by as much as 34%.
HbA1c is a blood test performed generally every 3 months which indicates overall blood sugar control during the previous 3 months.
Non-Diabetics are increasing their risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes by smoking, for the exact same reasons.nicotine elevates blood sugar levels.
Nicotine replacement products such as patches and nicotine-containing electronic cigarettes, aren’t a safe option as well. ‘Because they still contain nicotine, these products are just as likely to boost A1c levels as cigarettes are.'”
“In order to minimize your chances of developing Diabetes or Diabetic complications, you need to quit smoking,”
Have you successfully quit smoking? What was your personally approach for success? You can share your idea to help others as well.