Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Viral R. PatelYour feedback matters!
Bones getting weak. Lower back pain and legs can not stand for long hours. Is that due to masturbation. Please suggest.
I had Gout problem in past. Is it fine to consume BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acid) supplements? Will it create more harm than good? Should I consult a doctor before adding it to my daily routine?
I got 9000 rank in jee advance last year and could not get into iits. Since then I get depresses occasionally when I start thinking as it was my aim from my very childhood. Kindly suggest me some way to get back to my study.
Hi sir, Recently I was feeling pain in my lower leg and went to local doc for medicine and he prescribed test. I did x ray and ct scan of spine and it is found that disc space between L4 and L3 is reduced with lumber spondylitis tracing as per report. He prescribed me only physiotherapy. Please guide me severity of disease and possibility of chronic. Also suggest me hospital for further treatment Regards.
Hi my father is 54 years old and having pain in whole body and lower portion of leg is also swelling. It may be due to the viral. But in the beginning he had fever but from the last few days the pain is variable sometimes it doesn't occur. We are not able to understand the exact problem. What could be the problem according to you and what precautions we can take to get rid of this. please help.
Knee injury prevention tips:
4 tips to minimize long-term knee damage and heal faster
- Correct muscular imbalance: Most overuse injuries of the knee develop gradually due to muscular imbalances and poor movement patterns. Your physiotherapist can show you corrective exercises to address the muscle imbalances and improve the way you move.
- Strengthen your hips: Strengthening your hips and improving core muscle strength will reduce the risk of adversely loading your knee joints. Stretching the muscles that attach into your hips/knees/ankles will also minimize compression of these joints. Your physiotherapist can show you how.
- Protect your joints: If you have any degenerative changes in your knees (e. G. Osteoarthritis) your physiotherapist can show you how to protect your joints during activities of daily living, prescribe exercises to improve the strength of supporting muscles, advise you on safe forms of exercise, and assess your footwear.
- Correct movement patterns: Poor movement patterns during sports (e. G. Incorrect landings during jumping) greatly increase the risk of traumatic knee injuries. Your physiotherapist can teach you how to move properly and minimize this risk.
I am a 22year male and I suffering from back pain for several months and cold what I want to do doctor.
Dear sir I'm suffered knee pain from two years I'm travel daily 10 kms by bicycle so please choose some medicines and tips also Thanks you.
Hi am devu I have leg pain from 3 Months I consulted with doctors butt is not solved so please help how can sove this problem.
10 years back I had injury near tail bone from then near tail bone there is a pain in sitting position. Pain has increased from 2 years. I have taken MRI SCAN 2 years back which shows nothing. What is the solution to the problem.
Calcium is good for bones but it’s not so good when it displaces on the bone forming the underside of your heel, causing painful heel spurs. The pain caused by heel spurs can be either sharp or dull. It usually worsens after jogging or walking and is acute when people get out of bed in the morning.
Heel spurs may be in the form of small bony protrusions or irregular growths on the heel bone.
These are more often in men and women who are older. But that’s not all, anyone can get a heel spur and athletes especially runners are especially susceptible. When the heel is subjected to constant wear and tear, heel spurs can form.
How do heel spurs develop?
To protect the surrounding heel tissue from damage, cells that specialise in forming bone reach the spot and start depositing calcium. This leads to the formation of a heel spur over a period of months.
Heel spurs are painful, but not always. There are many cases where they go undiagnosed and are only detected by X-ray.
- Lopsided walking leading to excessive strain on the heel bone, ligaments and nerves
- Repeated running, jogging or jumping on hard surfaces
- Wearing poorly fitted shoes that lack appropriate arch support
7 Ways To Get Rid Of heel spurs
- Rest- Avoiding movement of the affected foot is a good way to reduce heel pain and stiffness. Massaging linseed and coconut oil onto the painful heel and then relaxing is even better.
- Baking soda- This is a good home remedy for heel spurs. Baking soda contains crystals that help reduce calcium deposits in the bottom of the heel bone. It also reduces pain and inflammation.
- Icing- Ice packs help reduce heel pain and control inflammation and swelling associated with heel spurs and also relaxes muscles.
- Anti-inflammatory medications- These medications relieve heel pain but they shouldn’t be used for longer periods as they can lead to gastrointestinal problems like leaky gut, bleeding and symptoms of an ulcer.
- Steroid injection- This provides some relief from the pain but if the injection is given wrongly, there can be nerve damage and the symptoms can get worse.
- Cryoultrasound- This is an innovative electro-medical device that uses cryotherapy and ultrasound therapy to treat pain. It reduces pain and spasms and improves blood circulation and cell renewal.
- Surgery- Surgery can be effective but only when it’s done at the right time. It’s also an expensive procedure. Heel spurs can form again after surgery if the patient continues the lifestyle that led to the problem. There are several complications associated with surgery too like nerve damage, infection, permanent numbness etc.
Because of the limitations of conventional therapies, people with heel spurs look for natural remedies for heel pain like using Epsom salts and supplementing with magnesium and vitamin B for nerve and bone formation.