Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Viral Patel
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Viral PatelYour feedback matters!
Lots of saliva coming out of mouth while sleeping that it wets the pillow when in sleep. Please help.
I have dental problem whenever I eat something sweet orvi drink cool drinks I will get pain on my gums my age is 21 yrs.
Hello doctors. My hubby is suffering from constipation for last 1 week. Today he is complaining of heat inside his stomach. He feels he got ulcers in his throat and tongue. He is continuously having hot water but of no use. Please suggest some home remedy. Today he consumed looz. If it won't help then we planning to consult doctor tomorrow. Please Help.
I have meet with an accident & my teeth was half broken, how can I get treatment for my complete teeth?
Which toothpaste is best to be used. Colgate, pepsodent, patanjali, sensodine, meswakh, or other one.
A person normally focuses on the disadvantages of having braces when he/she is required by the dentist to put braces. If you are also one of them, think again and read on about the importance and advantages of having braces for teeth:
- Correct the alignment! no one would prefer having disorganized teeth if one has a choice, he or she would try correcting them. For this reason, braces are essentially recommended by the dentists to correct the misaligned teeth. Dental flaws could be rectified most of the time completely or at times partially, depending upon the condition of the teeth in question. Though the braces may not look so great but these have a tendency of giving your face a whole makeover! braces for teeth could be put for 1 year to almost 3 years.
- Protruding jaw! the other importance or advantage of having braces is to correct protruding lower jaw line. Many people have and feel a bit wary about having a protruding jaw line. It is our unattractive braces that can come for a rescue for this problem in people. Helping to realign the jaw area braces can make your smiles brighter.
- Dental or oral hygiene! it is observed by the dentists and the orthodontists, that the braces not only help correct the jaw line and the dental flaws but also help in preventing tooth decay and likewise dental problems. The teeth which are crooked or are crowded are a bit tough to brush and floss. If the teeth are left crooked, it would result in decaying of the tooth and similar dental problems. Therefore, these
- Treating malocclusion or bites! the difference is sizes of the upper and the lower jaw is essentially termed as malocclusion. In a lay man's words, it is the bite problems that a person suffers from having a bigger upper jaw and smaller lower jaw and vice versa. This bite problem has grave risks involved in it which could develop into some severe gum disease eventually might let you lose your teeth or making it difficult for you to chew. Braces for teeth are an answer to this condition too! bite problems could be minimized to the fullest with the help of these braces. Braces help in keeping your oral cavity clean.
- Aging braces! if you require wearing braces for teeth, you could possibly wear them as per the instructions of the doctor. Some kids wear it as early, when they are just 6 years of age, some wear them when they reach 10 years of age, some other would go wearing them in their teens.
- Wearing braces makes you stand out from the crowd! make a fashion statement and wear colourful braces and smile the electric smile with your braces!
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.