Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am suffering from stressful life. I don't know why I got angry soon. I am very very sensitive person. I can't tolerate people who speaks against me. I am 29 year's old had two children both the kids are toddler I really need help I wana change myself. Wana develop positive attitude towards the people . I always have negative thoughts for the people.
I am 42 years old male feeling lack of physical strength and drowsiness for years together. How to get physical and mental strength.
I'm an alcoholic, recently I done my lipids & sgpt test. At present I was advised to take UDILIV 300 twice daily with ROSUVAS F 20 during night only. Every time when I tried to withdraw alcohol I had PANIC ATTACK. Is it possible to take a little amount of alcohols per week with the above mentioned drugs or I should take some medicine instead of alcohol?? My sgpt level is 61.
It is said that children are a gift and watching them grow up is one of the most joyful things of life. Having said that, many couples initially feel that having a baby will not change the way things are between them and later find out they are wrong. So how do kids affect the bond between a couple and what can be done to make sure that the strain on the parents is not too much to bear?
Having a baby not only changes the equation between the couple but also, in some cases, the equation between the couple and other friends and family. Many parents do receive a lot of support at the time of the delivery and also receive some initial support on making the shift back home from the hospital. After that, in most cases, you are left to fend for yourselves and you have to iron out the details in front of you as you go. In order to do this in the best way possible, it is very crucial for both the parents of the baby to work as a team.
Questions that you need to answer in an objective and frank manner include those which pertain to who does what for the baby, how you will manage adequate rest as well as how you will divide other activities that need to be carried out around the house.
Quite a few couples who, prior to the baby, have amicable relations end up arguing a lot more after the baby is born. The level of exhaustion and responsibility, which comes as part and parcel of not only looking after oneself and providing a level of care to the partner, but also caring jointly for another human is quite a task.
For many couples, the stress shows by the way of strain. Taking a few deep breaths will help tone down anything, which may spark into an argument and will help you solve your issues in a calm manner. Spending time together while running chores for the baby will help you bond better. Taking time out for each other while the baby is asleep or away to a day care or a school is also very important for maintaining a healthy relationship.
As long as there is an effort to adjust to a new normal rather than struggle to deny change, things may be bumpy initially, but it will definitely work out for the better.
Was in a relation after a breakup. I tried to forget the things and hardly came out of it. But now the things I keep talking to myself shaking my head and all. In my mind I l create all those character and I'll talk then reply to that being another character. This is now happening every now and then not with the break up thing but also in other situation. I feel like it is a disease but I just want focus on my career right now. Please help in detail regarding the same. Thank you.
Autism is defined as a neurobiological pervasive development disorder that includes lack of social skills and inability to reciprocate to social interactions. The patient may also have intellectual and cognitive deficits and problems in communication (verbal as well as non-verbal).
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it.
Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Cuprum Metallicum: This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus: A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Carcinosin: This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus: This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Helleborus: This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them. These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution.
Hello doctor, I am gourav 25 year old a male. I am suffering for depression since 2009 due to many negative thing In myself. I was very shy in childhood and still I want to get rid from shyness. Lack of confidence my social behavior is not good and I feel social fhobia please help me to get rid of my this weak mental health and guide me to enjoy the life. Due to lack of financial problem I am not able to visit psychological doctor with a heavy fee charge. What should I do? Suggest me any good book.
Hello doc. My daughter has hypothyroid. From last 12 years. I too have thyroid. Family history. ANd pcod. Periods are irregular. Age- 25. She is over weight. Height 5.3.weight 75 .i want to get her married. How to loose her weight tried gym. Yoga diet. everything no result at all. Doctor please help. She is mentally disturb now. Due to no result and family pressure.
I am feeling depression due to my exams & I got headache and I am unable to concentrate in my study please tell me what to do.
I always Feel Lazy. Even I can not able to study because of My Body Pain. Tell me the suggestions how body pain will be remove.
Chronic health disorders like Schizophrenia affect not only the patient, but also the life of their care givers. Though Schizophrenia can be treated to improve the patient's quality of life, it cannot be cured. Hence, it falls on the care giver's shoulders to watch out for symptoms of this disease and manage the person and their disorder. What should one do in such a case?
- Educate yourself: The first step towards looking after a person with Schizophrenia is to know the symptoms of the disease. With treatment, these may become better or worse so if you notice any change in the symptoms, bring it to your doctors notice at once.
- Reduce stress: Your goal as a schizophrenic person's caregiver should be to give them a calm environment and boost their confidence. Stress has a negative effect on all people and in schizophrenics this effect is much worse. Hence reduce stress and create an effective support system and structured environment for your loved one.
- Do not ask the patient to change 'his reality': When a person is suffering from schizophrenia, you should not force them to change their behaviour and reality, in order to adjust in the society at large. You should rather support the patient to accept his reality, to be at peace, since there is a very strong genetic component involved in its aetiology. Also, it is important that, both the patient and the family in particular should opt for regular counselling sessions.
- Regular exercise: Schizophrenics need not be cooped up in the house all day. Encourage the patient to go outside and exercise regularly. Exercise reduces stress and produces endorphins that make a person feel energized and happy. This should be complemented by a healthy diet. Minimize the amount of carbs and sugar intake and increase the amounts of omega 3 fatty acids in the patient's diet.
- Join a support group: Joining a support group is a very good idea for both the patient and the caregiver. For the patient, this provides a form of social interaction and for the caregiver is a platform to meet people with similar first hand experiences
- Encourage treatment: Convincing a Schizophrenic person to seek treatment can be quite challenging. Suggest treating symptoms of the disorder such as insomnia problem and lack of energy rather than the disease itself to make the patient feel more comfortable. Give the patient options to choose from to make them feel more in control of the situation.
- Monitor medication: Once the treatment has started, ensure that the patient sticks to the prescription. Maintain a regular schedule by using weekly pill boxes and alarms. Also keep an eye on the possible side effects of these medicines. Ensure that your doctor has a complete list of medicines that the patient takes so that there is no chance of medicines interacting negatively with each other.
- Prepare for crisis situations: It is always a good idea to have an emergency plan in place. Keep emergency contact details of all the doctors and therapists at hand along with the address and phone number of the closest hospital. Share your situation with friends and family so that in case of an emergency, they can be relied upon to take care of your children and other dependants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatrist and ask a free question.