Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best General Physicians online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Lalwani
Submit a review for Dr. Usha LalwaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Usha Lalwani to be very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, well-reasoned and prompt. She is knowledgeable and beautiful from the heart. She explains everything descriptively and makes you understand very beautfully.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Usha Lalwani to be very helpful. Thank mam
Yoga has been touted amongst the best and most effective, time tested and natural way to eliminate various diseases and problems with the body as well as the mind. It is an antiquated craftsmanship that strengthens the body as well as relaxes the brain with the right dose of mindfulness as well. Yoga tends to stimulate the nervous system and the endocrine, digestive and circulatory systems and improve the functioning of the same.
The postures mentioned below affect at least one of these systems, thereby clearing the path for a strong immune system. These postures are as follows:
- Shishuasana (child posture): Shishuasana is a phenomenal stance that de-congests the abdomen and constructs a superior and stronger immune system.
- Setu Bandhasana (bridge posture): Setu Bandhasana opens the heart and enhances the blood flow. It increases the energy in the body to build a strong resistance against pathogens.
- Halasana (plow posture): Halasana is a pose that requires a backward bend. It discharges white cells in the body and strengthens the immune system.
- Bhujangasana (cobra posture): Bhujangasana is a mid-section opening posture which discharges white cells that enhance the body’s resistance.
- Dhanurasana (bow posture): Dhanurasana is yet other posture that enhances the flow of white cells by putting weight on the working of the digestive system.
- Matsyasana (fish posture): Matsyasana stretches the abdomen and chest and strengthens the thymus. This enhances the body's invulnerability level.
- Vinyasa Adho Mukha Svanasana (flowing downward facing dog pose): Begin with the plank pose, palms lying on the floor just underneath your shoulder and extend the legs backwards. The whole body should form a straight line like a board. Taking a full breath, lift your hips off the floor. Hold yourself on the hands and heels. Your head needs to point towards the ground. Take full breaths, two or three times, as you hold the position. Breathe out a deep breath, relax and return to the plank posture. Gradually bring down your body. Slide your hands backwards, allowing your palms to rest alongside the chest. Toes need to be in contact with the mat or the floor.
Yoga is a holistic routine that strengthens the body physically and also mentally. Subsequently, the body’s immune system additionally enhances in such a condition. A sound life can be effortlessly accomplished if we figure out how to embrace a healthier way of life, healthy food decisions, and standard routines of yoga and meditation. Ayurveda, yoga and meditation are the perfect variables to carry on with a sound life.
Yoga is not an alternative option to medicines. It is a careful step to keep infections under control. Along these lines, one need not sit tight waiting for the seasonal flu to affect the body because it can be cured effortlessly with yoga.
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” however, while one may commend you on an excellent diet schedule, keeping the doctor away might not always seem to be too favourable an option, especially in recent times when unforeseen circumstances and complications pertaining to lifestyle irregularities always keep creeping up.
While proper diet and regular workouts may keep you remarkably fit, genetic constraints might easily overrule such efforts to maintaining good health. Frequent checkups are especially recommended for those who share a family history of a number of diseases, infections, any type of cancer, hypertension, or sleep disorders, since problems might grow quietly and steadily when left unchecked for a longer span of time.
Most people usually visit their doctor or physician when they face an emergency. This should not be the scenario, as is advised by most health experts. It has been widely accepted that the average visit to the clinic must be at the least, four times a year. However, uniformity isn’t to be maintained by everyone in this regard. Infants see a doctor for at least eight times a year while six to eight year olds visit their physician twice a year.
It is important to have a number of crucial matters looked into and tested periodically in order to keep track of any unfavourable developments:
- Dental check-up every six months
- Annual pap smears
- Semi-annual HIV tests
- Eye examinations once every two years, once a year for those patients with current vision problems
- Biennial skin cancer screening
- Full physical examination once a year
- Breast examination once a month
- Pelvic examination every few months
- Thyroid tests every five years
- Check blood pressure level every month
It is imperative to understand that not one particular check-up schedule is capable of fitting in the necessities of all individuals. This makes it all the more clear that, while the requirement of physical attention isn’t the same for everyone, once a year physical check-up is a must for any individual. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The term wellness is much more than just physical health, exercise or nutrition though has been applied in many different ways. Wellness is a developed process of achieving one’s full health and well-being potential.
There are several models of wellness. A few known and accepted ones postulate six or seven aspects:
- Physical wellness
Wellness actually involves a personal perception of general wellness by the self. We score our wellness from 1-10, with 1 being worst ever and 10 being best ever score. We may all have different answers when our doctor asks us. How are you feeling today on a scale of 1-10?
So what can we do to enhance our general wellness? This is where a health or wellness coach comes in. Think of wellness coaching like this, many of us have health goals that we would like to achieve or a disease that we want to overcome, but a lot of times do not know where to begin making changes to reach those goals. Hence we need handholding to reach our wellness, health and weight loss goals- all of which the coach does for us. A wellness coach helps by challenging patients to develop their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action.
General wellness coaching in hospitals - What to expect?
A health and wellness coach is available in most hospitals today. An initial visit with the coach will help you set realistic goals especially if you are grappling with a health issue like diabetes, hypertension, heart problem or stress. The coach will also do an analysis of your current routines and habits, followed by recommendations for healthy changes designed around your particular lifestyle. Follow-up appointments will be conducted to monitor your progress and ensure that you stay on track. The health coach will help you to continue with slowly implementing healthy changes into your daily routine.
Wellness coaching uses principles from positive psychology and the practices of motivational interviews and goal setting.
A wellness coach can help you with
- Weight loss and weight management is as we know is very helpful for people with diabetes, osteoporosis and heart disease.
- Eating right can help manage various disorders. This will include tips to cut down on bad cholesterol generating foods and low-fat foods for heart patients and low calories and low sugar foods for diabetics.
- Improving physical activity helps in managing diabetes, heart disease and improves joint pains. The coach will guide you towards the programme that will help you manage your health condition in the best possible manner.
- Strength training helps people with poor muscle tone to develop a better frame. It is highly recommended for older people.
- Coach will tell you what to eat and how much to eat for lowering blood pressure.
- Wellness coaching is an important link between you and your doctor so go ahead make an appointment with one right away to optimise your wellness.