Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Urvi GorathyaYour feedback matters!
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos bur no effect yet I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me with this?
Laparoscopy is one of the most common procedures for diagnosing and removing endometriosis. Instead of giving a big incision, this procedure of surgery uses lightweight instrument through a small hole or incision. There could be one or more incisions based on the number of instruments that require access inside the body. This procedure involves the use of a camera to ascertain endometriosis as well as treat it in the same sitting. This brings drastic improvement in infertility as well as pain associated with the endometriosis. If a cyst is found in the ovary, laparoscopic surgeon removes it very delicately without causing any harm to the normal ovary, as a part of the Laparoscopic Surgery for Endometriosis.
How does the procedure go?
Eating and drinking should be suspended before 8 hours of the laparoscopic surgery. The doctor takes a call on whether to give a general or local anesthesia. Mostly, General anaesthesia is given during such procedures. A person specialised in Gynecological Endoscopy ( Gynaec Laparoscopic Surgeon) is the best to perform such a procedure.
How is the procedure performed?
The abdomen is first inflated with gas with the help of a needle. It pushes the abdominal wall from the organs to give a clear visibility to a surgeon. The laparoscopic Camera is then pushed through an incision or a set of incisions to examine the internal organ. If the scar tissue or endometriosis needs to be removed, a doctor can use one of the several laparoscopic techniques such as electrocautery, excision etc. Post the surgery, the incision is closed with stitches. The whole procedure usually takes 30-60 minutes depending upon the severity of endometriosis.
Why is laparoscopy done?
- If the endometriosis pain has returned after a hormone therapy
- If there is a growing endometriotic cyst
- If the scar tissue found on the pelvic wall poses a threat on fertility
- If the endometriosis interferes with other organs such as the bladder etc.
- If the pain during menses ( dysmenorrhoea) refuses to subside
Duration of hospital stay:
Operations such as these are usually conducted at the outpatient facility owing to their less risky nature. A patient need not spent more than a day in the hospital. Rarely in severe cases of endometriosis overnight hospitalisation may also be required. One can successfully return to normal work within 1 week of the surgery.
Post-surgical recovery: Once the laparoscopy is done, the next steps of treatment are decided based on the patient's age and severity of endometriosis. Few hormonal medicines are advised according to the desire for fertility etc. If a patient is over and above 35 years of age, the risk of miscarriages double. Since the quality of egg declines by the year, it makes sense to undergo infertility treatment such as the in vitro fertilization (IVF), intake of fertility drugs, insemination etc. If, however, the patient is below 35 years of age, makes sense to conceive naturally first and consult a doctor simultaneously. A routine check-up post-laparoscopic surgery on alternate six months for a year will keep any risks at bay. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have dark circle under my eyes, I really looks poor, kindly help me as I'm very much upset with it.
I'm suffering from dermatitis dermatitis from 3 years. Any homeopathic medicine for this condition. Allopathic crem rough the skin tone. Especially in nose region and eyebrows. Please help.
I have a lot of dandruff since childhood. Presently I am 18 years old. I have tried many shampoos which doctors recommended but all in vain. I have found that there was a bit hairloss about 3-4 months ago. I think that my skin is oily because I think that my nose is oily hence I am assuming that my scalp too may be oily. I want an urgent help. I would be thankful to you.
I am lose my hair continuously I have tried almost all shampoo but no effect yet. Please tell some working treatment.
I have melasma over my both cheeks and little on nose also. Please suggest me how I can get rid of this problem. I have this from since 3-4 years. But now it seems spreading over face.
I am losing hair and I have used all types of shampoos. I am not sure what to do. My age is 17 and I don't know that is it normal .can you please help me?
I am 52 years old and I am suffering from alopecia errata since last 4 years. I had already been tried allopathic ayurvedic and homeopathic treatment but problem is still as it was. Please suggest a reliable remedy. Ashok Chauhan.
A big cut mark on under my eye it black in color. Can you sir tell me which medicine I use to remove the dark color.
Having a beard is considered to be extremely popular these days as indicated by the increasing number of people sporting beards. However shaving regularly has numerous benefits such as dead cells removal and making you look more refreshed.
The various benefits of shaving regularly are:
- It removes dead cells from the skin: Scraping of the skin with a razor during shaving facilitates removal of dead cells form your face. These dead cells in your skin can make your skin look dull and greasy. Regular shaving keeps your skin fresh and healthy.
- It reduces chances of ingrown hairs: Shaving on a regular basis does not allow ingrown hairs to develop as the length of the hair is always small. The chances of getting a razor bump is drastically reduced due to the fact that you would be shaving smaller beard hair.
- Eliminates a reason to itch in summers: Sporting a beard in summers can be irritating as beards can cause itching in your face. You may also develop rashes due to the constant itching. Shaving regularly allows you to avoid this problem.
- It is beneficial for people with lots of facial hair: If you have lots of facial hair then you have increased chances of getting oily skin and acne. So shaving dense facial hair may help you in getting rid of acne.
- Dandruff: Long beards may tend to harbor dandruff as the skin below the beard gets itchy and flaky. This is a result of accumulation of the dead cells that the skin sheds on a regular basis.
- Eating food: Eating food can be irritating with a long beard, as food particles may fall on a dense beard and remain there. This may cause skin problems as these food particles may harm your skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.