Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Urmi V ShahYour feedback matters!
I am aged 58 years. Upto the age of 25 used to cycle every day for not less than 4-5 kms per day. Now I am cycling 5-7 kms per day for body fitness. Every day, In the starting used to get leg pain, above knees, not unbearable. However, after 1-2 kms there will not be any pain. Can I cycle every day like this. I am 85 kgs weight. I also used to play cricket from my child hood to the age of 25 and from 25 years of age till 51 years of age used to play Table Tennis.
My mom is above 55 age. Her left leg is getting bent by the knee, Doctor its due to calcium. I do not know for sure, because lots of people her age suffer some or other pain in the leg kind of problem, please advise of the exact condition. Thanks.
I am 43 years old lady. I am having hypothyroidism. I attained menopause. I am having joint pain especially neck, shoulder, hands.
I am 18 years old, my back bone and hips pain are suffer from last week. I am not sleep well. Please do something for me.
I am suffering from severe back pain do to continuous study. What can I do for this? How can I get relief?
Sir I am suffering from a continuous knee pain but my age only 20 yet So please Give me some advice.
I have done my left total hip replacement surgery five months back. My age is 30 male. I am Muslim. I want to know that'can I do the prayer (NAMAZ) and can I ride the bike. Please help me.
I'm a 26 year old male from South Asia, for last 1 year I'm having backache will driving or studying, I used many drugs, mostly pain killers but couldn't get any benefit, can anyone help please?
Getting pains in the left knee at night only while sleeping. Hv sciatica problem is the knee pain due to this. Not interested in taking any pills. Can you suggest home remedy.
I am a patient (45 years) of ankylo spondeolosis with positive BLA27. I have been taking SAZO 1000 mg for last 2 years. Is it safe for taking this medicine for long period of time?
I am 22 year old male. I had a lumbar canal stenosis 2 years back. My reports stated there was posterior protrusion of L5-S1 intervertebral disc causing severe compression over the traversing nerve roots. The problems were cured by traction and later by panchakrma and ayurvedic treatments. After that I never had any major issues regarding this. Now I am planning to train myself for a full marathon (I already completed 10km mini marathon in 56 mins 2 months back). Whats kind of precautions I should take or any kind of exercise or treatment I should do?
I am aged 58 yrs and having knee joint pain. It is not continuous. If I stand for half-an-hour continuously I will get severe pain. What shall I do? I do not have any other problem.
I am a 33 year old, sedentary employee. Yesterday, when I was standing after using an Indian commode, started having acute unilateral left sided middle back pain. It has been over 18 hours and still I continue to have pain, but not as severe as at the onset. Turning from one side to other on the bed is also not so easy. Please help me.
Dear sir, I am 51 years house wife. 4 years back I got the l5 place replaced (operation done at sunshine hospital, secunderabad. Operation conducted & done by Dr. Naresh). This is for your information. Since last year I got the urinal problem. Now resolved with Dr. Hegde treatment. After that I am feeling very uneasy due to left portion of the body is getting timmirulu. Also unable to get the trepulu/avulintalu. Yesterday night suddenly lot of breathing problem and left portion of the body problem. Please advise me correct solution to get the good health.
Bursitis is a disorder that is characterized by inflammation of a fluid filled sac called the bursa. Bursa is present in between various tissues such as muscles, tendons and bones where friction may occur. This sac cushions the tissues and prevents friction. The usual areas that are affected by this condition are hip, shoulder and the elbows.
The symptoms of bursitis are:
1. You will experience pain in the affected area
2. Tightness and stiffness in the area
3. Local swelling of the muscle
4. Redness of the area
5. Any physical contact with the area causes pain
Bursitis may also occur due to the following reasons:
1. Ageing results in loss of elasticity of the tendons, thus impairing their ability to tolerate any stressful activity
2. Sports such as baseball where you are required to throw the ball with force may lead to bursitis
3. If you do tasks that require kneeling down on a regular basis
4. Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
5. Abnormalities such as improperly placed joints
6. Inflammation from other conditions such as gout, thyroid disorders and rheumatoid arthritis may lead to bursitis
The condition is treated by using a variety of methods such as exercise and medication. Antibiotics are used to treat any underlying infection causing bursitis. Injections may be administered to reduce inflammation in the affected area along with exercises to strengthen the affected muscle. In severe cases, the doctor may resort to surgery to treat this condition.
You may use certain preventive measures to stay clear of bursitis. Some of them are
1. Lift with proper form: If you are lifting something heavy, then make sure you keep the spine straight and bend your knees slightly.
2. Take breaks: Don’t remain in the same position for long durations, take small breaks and walk around to release the stress from your legs.
3. Exercise: Do strength building workouts to build strength in the joints. Include mobility and flexibility stretches in your routine to keep your joints healthy, thus increasing the range of motion.
4. Maintain optimal weight levels: If you are obese, then take steps to reduce your weight. Maintain a proper diet to check your waistline. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.