Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh ThakkarYour feedback matters!
I'm 19 year old. I have first time sex on 25-2-2016. I worried about pregnancy. I get periods on 18-3-2016. I have fear of pregnancy. What precautions can I take. Give me a good prescription about this matter.
There is nothing more stressful to a patient and a caring gynaecologist than to face repeated IVF failure or recurrent pregnancy loss following IVF. So to advice couples who have failed one or more attempts, to keep on trying over and over and over; is not an easy job. Here, one can find solution in Ayurvedic treatment. Ayurveda, through its medicines, diet & lifestyle modifications and panchakarma raises a new hope after IVF failure. Ayurvedic treatment enhances success rate of Artificial Reproductive Techniques (IUI, IVF, ICSI-ET) or increases chance of natural conception as per cause of infertility.
What is Infertility?
Infertility is Inability to conceive even after one year of unprotected coitus or inability to carry pregnancy till full term. There are many causes of infertility; such as tubal block, PID, Endometriosis, PCOD in women and low sperm count, low sperm motility in men. When there is severe tubal disease, severe egg factors, failed IUI treatments, severe male factors, unexplained infertility, grade III & IV endometriosis; Test tube baby is suggested.
What is test tube baby? IVF (In-Vitro-Fertilization)?
It is a laboratory procedure in which processed sperm are either placed with oocyte (IVF) or injected into oocyte (ICSI) in a petridish to achieve fertilization. The resultant embryos are transferred into woman's uterus for implantation.
What are causes of IVF failure?
- To work out on IVF failures, we should focus on causes of failure.
- One of the most common causes of IVF failure is Abnormal Embryo. Abnormal embryo can be formed due to abnormal egg (oocyte) or abnormal sperm or if both are abnormal.
- Another common cause is Implantation failure. Endometrium preparation and its receptivity are more important for implantation of an embryo. Endometrium should be 6 mm or more in thickness preferably 8-10 mm. To know details about endometrium preparation, Color Doppler should be done. It has also been observed that when pregnancy is achieved in absence of endometrial and sub-endometrial flow on the day of embryo transfer (ET), more than half of pregnancy will finish as spontaneous miscarriage.
- IVF cycle can be cancelled even before Ovum Pick Up due to Poor Ovarian Response, in which very few or no follicle growth is seen even after fertility injections.
- Most neglected but important cause is Pre-treatment STRESS.
HOPE IN AYURVEDA:
According to Ayurveda, four factors are essential for conception; namely seed (oocyte and sperm), soil (reproductive track), season (fertile period) and water (nutrition).
Ayurvedic fertility treatments regularize metabolism of body, purify reproductive organs, maintain hormonal equilibrium, improve endometrium lining & receptivity, increase egg and sperm quality and relieve stress.
Womb preparation treatment of Ayurveda enhances success rate of IUI, IVF, ICSI-ET.
Womb Preparation Treatments:
Ayurvedic herbs and medicinal preparations act as natural tonic to male and female reproductive organs. They maintain biological clock of menstruation; hence hormonal imbalance is corrected. They also help in making most potent and healthy sperm & ovum and eventually a healthy pregnancy.
Ayurveda can treat infertility by Panchakarma procedures like Basti, Uttarbasti, Vaman, Virechan, Nasya using different Ayurvedic formulations as per cause of infertility & failure of IVF and according to body constitution of patient.
- Basti acts on vata predominantly. It increases strength of reproductive organs
- Uttarbasti is an intrauterine instillation of sterile medicated oil or ghee. It acts on endometrial receptors
- Vamana and Virechana detox the whole body and improves digestive fire for proper nourishment of reproductive hormones and organs
- Yoniprakshalana (Irrigation of vulva and vagina with warm decoction) and Pichudharan (Insertion of a sterile tampoon soaked in medicated ghee or oil in posterior fornix of vagina) are also helpful in infertility
According to Ayurveda; A Cheerful mind forms the basis of pregnancy; so relaxing panchakarma procedures like massage, steam, head massage, Shirodhara are done to reduce stress and its impact on infertility treatments.
Like other fertility treatments, Ayurvedic treatment does not depend only on medicines. In fact, it ensures that patient follows a strict diet rules as per Ayurveda and avoids spicy and salty food. The proper food can help to provide proper nutrition to reproductive organs.
Nowadays infertility has become a part of lifestyle diseases. Ayurvedic Doctor can guide you to modify lifestyle according to your body constitution (Dinacharya) and seasonal variations (Rutucharya). It is always better to avoid cigarette smoking, tobacco and alcohol as they reduce fertility. Exercise is an inevitable part of lifestyle. One should learn exercise, yogasana (e.g. Surya Namaskara, Gomukhasan, Sarvangasan, Pavanmuktasan, Ardhamatsyandrasan, Naukasan, Dhanurasan, Shalabhasan etc.) and Pranayam from an experienced teacher. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am late by 55 days in my periods. Which means I can say nothing about ovulation now as it is in highly disturbed state. However on the 53rd day (day before yesterday) we had sex and he ejaculated outside. Though he is confident nothing went inside, I felt little warm inside. On the 54th day (yesterday) with a doctor's consultancy I had Primolut N and will complete the course upto 3 days starting from yesterday. Can anyone tell me if something went inside, will using Primolut N, the day after, prevent conception?
Hi I had hypothyroidism from 5 years after 2nd delivery I became 70 kgs I want to reduce my weight only abdomen part is fat I have irregular periods tell me a solution.
Whether it good to have intercourse daily or alternative days in a month to get pregnant. Which is best doctor. Some people do not have sex often if you want to make baby. Some say have regularly. I Am confused. please give me a correct description when to have intercourse and wen should I not..
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
My wife had her period on 27 February and it continued till 1st March. We had unprotected sex on the 4th March. She later took unwanted 72 on 5th march in the evening. She did not have her normal period and on 1st April she had her pregnancy test done at home by using a pregnancy kit, it was negative. She still doesn't have periods. Really worried please help How long can her periods delay?
Hi I'm having little more white discharge after having unprotected sex on 8th day of my period. And since 2 days I'm having low abdominal pain like cramp. Im having white discharge earlier also but this time its heavy. Is there any problem?
Hello doctor I am 23 year female my last LMP is 20 th august 2015 my period doesn't occur till today 2 times home pregnancy test showing negative, my complete blood test is normal and thyroid test is taken no thyroid problem also (before marriage am 55 kg after marriage about 10 month 70kg) (am healthy) then Dr. Suggest me amenova and gynovit when my period occur tell me worried about this. Tell me please dr.
Hi Doctor, I'm 24 years old. i'm a diabetic patient. Now i'm pregnant. starting of pregnancy. Doctor there are any problem to eat dates during starting of the pregnancy.
I have completed more than 6 months treatment for pco after that I missed this month period from 2 months periods not coming. What is reason? And what I have to do?
She is my gf. I do sex with her 2-3 times in a month. And she have menses problem. menses can not come at right time. It may take gap 35-40 days. Some times 28 days.
Dear doc I am highly confused and stressed over ths situation. I had unprotected intercourse with my husband on 28th Feb and the very next day. I took I pill within 24hrs. Now my periods are missed since 12th March. And I hv checked positive. One very dark line and one light pink line. But two lines were there on prega news kit. Please clarify how come I pill got failed? Additional information: 1. Last menses 12 Feb, 2016 2. Had c section delivery in Aug 2014 3. Had medical abortion in June 2015 Doctor, please guide me the next step which I shud take. Can I take mifepristone and misoprostol on my own to terminate it as last time my doc suggested the same tablets to terminate it? This time I am seeking your guidance. Thanks in anticipation and hoping for quick reply! Rajnee.
I had my periods on 20th december and it lasted till 26th december. I had unprotected sex on 31st december morning and took an i-pill on the same day evening. On 5th jan I started bleeding. Is it periods? And Why? And is this normal?
Dear sir/madam, how to identify the day of ovulation, is there any test available to identify it. As I have heard that sex on that results in 100 % pregnancy chances, is it true.
HIV or the human immunodeficiency virus is the lentivirus which causes HIV infection and leads to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS.
The symptoms of HIV vary from person to person. There are three main stages of HIV infections, where each stage has different symptoms.
Here are some facts about the three stages of HIV infections along with the accompanying symptoms.
Acute HIV Infection Stage: This is the first stage of HIV infection and after three to four weeks of becoming HIV infected, people experience symptoms, which are similar to flu. This flu usually does not last more than two weeks.
- Rashes on the body
- A sore throat
- Swelling of different glands
- Joint and muscle pain
- Improper digestion
These symptoms appear and indicate that the body is reacting to the HIV. Infected cells circulate throughout the blood, and the immune system produces HIV antibodies in order to attack the viruses. This process is termed as seroconversion, and it takes place within 45 days of getting infected. The levels of virus in your blood are quite high during this stage.
Clinical latency stage: This is the second stage of HIV infection, which follows the early stage. This stage is also known as chronic HIV stage. During this stage, HIV is active, but is reproduced at a very low level. People in this stage may not receive symptoms related to HIV or may get mild indications.
In case of people who do not take medicines for HIV treatment, this stage lasts for a long period. Some people, however, progress faster through this stage. Medicines should be taken to keep the virus in check. During this stage, people can transmit HIV to others very easily in spite of not experiencing any symptoms. People who are on medication stay suppressed virally and have a low level of HIV in their blood, and the risk of transmission is less.
Symptomic HIV infection or AIDS stage: This is the third stage of HIV infection, which is characterized by severe damage to the immune system of an HIV-virus affected person. A patient is likely to have serious infections and gets bacterial or fungal diseases. The infections are termed as opportunistic infections. The patient is now said to be having AIDS.
The symptoms of this stage are:
- Loss of weight
- Sweating at night
- Fevers and persistent coughing
- Problems in the mouth and skin
- Infections on a regular basis
- Illness and development of other diseases.
HIV infection affects the body via three stages and leads to AIDS in the third stage. Each stage is accompanied by several symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.