Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh ThakkarYour feedback matters!
4 myths on IVF you should stop believing right now
In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive. The process involves the fertilisation of the egg with the sperm in a laboratory and thereafter, inserting the embryo formed, into the uterus. But lack of understanding about the topic has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 2: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don’t cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
Myth 3: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 4: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it’s not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Vitamin D is a crucial vitamin that is soluble in fat. Vitamin D is essential for the growth of your bone and it ensures increased flow of calcium into your bloodstream by promoting the process of its absorption from the consumed food. Poor concentration of vitamin D may result in the development of rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults. Vitamin D is important in maintaining the immunity of your system; deficiency of vitamin D gives rise to a number of health problems including cardiac disorders, arthritis, hypertension, diabetes and even cancer.
Daily exposure to mild sunlight helps to synthesize Vitamin D in body. Dietary sources include milk, cod liver oils, fish, meat, fortified dairy and food products.
The most reliable way to diagnose the deficiency of vitamin D is through blood test; it is the most effective method of measuring the level of vitamin D in your blood. The following are some dominant symptoms of vitamin D deficiency:
- Influenza: According to studies, vitamin D acts a guard against the attack of a number of respiratory infections which are widespread in children. Hence, lack of vitamin D in children is responsible for the development of various respiratory tract infections and diseases.
- Depression and Schizophrenia: The root cause of depression and various other psychiatric disorders have been linked to deficiency in vitamin D. It is extremely important for expecting mothers to maintain a sufficient level of vitamin D in their body, during the gestation period to reduce the risk of delayed brain development and other mental ailments in the new born babies.
- Cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular ailments are more prevalent among people, who tend to suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Patients who suffer from cardiac discomfort have responded well to vitamin D treatment.
- Asthma: Intake of vitamin D supplements reduces the severity and discomforts that are associated with asthma and have also shown considerable reduction in the occurrence of asthma attacks.
- Periodontal disorders: Lack of vitamin D may result in the formation of numerous harmful bacteria in your mouth and may give rise to several oral discomforts in form of painful gum inflammation, bleeding and loss of tooth. Vitamin D aids in the formation of cathelicidins and defensins, which are effective in maintaining the overall oral health.
- Cancer: Types of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer are linked with vitamin D deficiency. Supplements of vitamin D are helpful in controlling the growth and development of breast cancer, especially the estrogen sensitive breast cancer.
Hi doc, good evening M pregnant, 3rd month running, I have vomiting sensation in both the time morning n evening, so please suggest me some home remedies if it ll b better if you suggest me along with honey, m suffering a lot doc. I took medicine only for 10 days dat too folic acid n sustain, now stopped all the medicines, I decided to consult homeo care to take homeopathic medicine. Tq.
Hi I am married. 24 years old. I am having diabetic. I am planing for pregnancy. One of my friend told me to follow the PALEO DIET for weight management & diabetic. PALEO DIET IS 100% True or fake. Please tell me. But my friend follow this diet reduced 7 kgs weight and reduced the blood sugar level also. But I do not know its true or fake (paleo diet)
I hv a periodcycle of 34 to 36 days. My last periods were on 19 june .plzz tell around how many days of my last period I ovulate? Wht would have been my ovulation days for this month.
I have irregular periods and hormonal imbalance I have tried a lot to loose weight but I can't so please guide me.
Hello, I am breastfeeding now to my 6 six months baby. I had a unprotected intercourse last night and now I am worried about taking any emergency contraceptive pills which may impacts milk production. Could anyone suggest any best pills during breastfeeding which will available in Indian market. Thank you very much for your time. Regards
Suffering from multiple PCOS and each time having dark brown discharge for 3-4 days just before periods and some times after period also. Is it okay? Will it not affect my fertility. Any remedies or suggestions if you can provide.
My wife menstrual date 1st sep but still not yet. Pregnancy test also negative she don't won't pregnancy so wat we do she can take papaya is it safe or not.
If you are fasting this NAVRATRI, try these healthy & simple diet techniques to Lose Weight , Gain energy & Detoxify Your Body.
1. Sattvic Diet: Ayurveda focuses on Sattvic Diet, mainly comprising of fruits, milk & preparations made from vegetables. This will help in cleansing & detoxifying the body.
2. Take Healthy & Nutritious Food: Opt for fruits like bananas, apples, guavas, oranges this will help in keeping your energy levels high. Take low/no fat dairy products like paneer, milk, curd, lassi to fulfil your protein requirement. You can have nuts like almonds, walnuts, groundnut, anjeer as well.
3. Avoid these Foods: Avoid sabudana, chips, fried food, high salt content food items, too much of Tea or Coffee or sugary foods.
4. Maintain Fluid Levels: Drink lot of water, vegetable & fruits juices during these 9 days to replenish your body fluid levels.
5. Prevent Acidity: Take smaller & frequent meals to avoid acidity. This will provide you with required energy throughout the day.
6. Keep Energy Levels in Check: When you break your fast, take protein and whole carb-rich food like low/no fat dairy products, fruits & vegetables so that you will have ample energy to begin work the next day.
7. Don’t Overwork Yourself: Set a clear schedule for your work, and don’t let fatigue overcome you. Navratri fasts are supposed to help your body/body organ rest and detoxify, and burdening yourself too much will have a detrimental effect on your health over the 9 auspicious nights. Make sure that eating too little doesn’t affect your performance at work.
8. Avoid Stress: Stress can harm your health and weaken you further during the Navratri fast. Try not to stay hungry for hours together and drink lots of fluids to keep stress levels in check.
9. Take Proper Rest: Resting your body is very important during these 9 days, try some simple yoga/meditation techniques this will help in relaxing your body & mind.
CAUTION: Fasting is a technique to cleanse & detoxify your body, do not punish your body by starvation.
Wishing everyone HAPPY & HEALTHY NAVRATRI!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.