Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Umesh Hadvani
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh HadvaniYour feedback matters!
The diabetic eye is considered to be the leading cause of the blindness among the working age. It is usually caused by the change in the blood vessels on the retina of the eye. Retina is that layer of the eye which is light sensitive. In case of diabetic macular oedema, the blood vessels cause the fluid to leak into the retina.
How does diabetic macular oedema cause vision loss:
The loss of vision only occurs when the fluid reaches the macula. Macula is the center of the retina which is responsible for a sharp vision. When the fluid reaches the macula it builds up and causes inflammation. Initially this is not noticed but with time the diabetic macular oedema causes a change in the vision making it more blurred. A healthy macula is very essential for a good vision.
Who is at risk of diabetic macular oedema:
People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes are at a higher risk of getting diabetic macular oedema. Also other risk factors are:
- About 0ne in three people with diabetes develop macular oedema
- Poor control of blood sugars
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- In smokers
How to reduce the risks of diabetic macula oedema:
The risk of diabetic macula oedema can be reduced by quitting smoking, and to make sure that blood sugar and cholesterol levels are under control. This is achieved by regularly measuring the cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
How is diabetic macular oedema detected:
Diabetic macular oedema can be detected during regular visits to the doctor. Patients with diabetes should be offered screening tests. Digital photographs of the patients can be taken as they show the early signs of diabetic macular oedema, though changes in vision might not be noticed at this time.
What happens when you attend the medical retina clinic:
When you go for an eye checkup you will undergo a comprehensive examination which includes:
- Visual acuity test: This is a sight test which measures how well you can see the different distances
- Eye pressure test: This test is done to measure the pressure of the eyes and usually drops which numb the eyes are used when this test is conducted
- Dilated eye examination: In this the drops are placed in the eye to dilate the pupils and then the back of the eye is examined.
- Fluorescein angiography: This is a diagnostic test in which an injection of fluorescein dye is given in the hand and then the photographs are taken.
- Optical coherence tomography: This is done to measure the retinal swelling
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Hi respective doctors. I am suffering from acute bronchitis from past 15 days. Its seasonal from dust and changing weather allergy. It happens every year near diwali. I had levofloxacin 500 mg for 7 days. I am also having romilast L 5 (levocetirizine 2.5+ montelukast 5 mg). But I am not overcoming the problem. There is lot of wheezing and phlegm is not coming out. Please suggest medicines.
Oral sex can be a satisfying experience if it is mutually well-received and enjoyed. According to observations made on the basis of surveys both males and females like oral sex as a part of foreplay but would rather prefer to end a sexual activity in intercourse. Women have been found to enjoy cunnilingus but they tend to accustom themselves to the practice of fellatio as their male partners cherish it. Very few women seem to be turned on by the action of going down on their men. Irrespective of these reported instances, oral sex is highly pleasurable. The pleasure however is not devoid of the looming threat of Sexually Transmitted Infections. A certain facts about oral sex can keep you aware.
These facts will help you know more about oral sex:-
1. Oral sex is not as risky as vaginal or anal sex but it surely does involve chances of infections. These infections can be transmitted through fluid exchange, direct contact of genital parts and genital skin or from one person's mouth to another's genitalia or the other way round.
3. The presence of open cuts and wounds in a person's mouth can lead to STIs. Infectious blood is exchanged during oral sex or even during kissing.
A few precautionary measures to keep threats at bay:-
1. Use a saran or a cling wrap before you attempt to excite your lady's vulva. A cling wrap is an inexpensive device available in any other medicine shop. It is basically a sheet of plastic used to cover the vaginal area before two people get started with cunnilingus.
2. In case of fellatio, non- lubricated condoms are the best advised solution. A condom is very effective in keeping you safe from harmful bacteria.
3. Dental dams can also make you actively take part in the process of ensuring safety. Dental dams are available in various flavors such as vanilla, grape and strawberry.
Oral Sex is most rewarding when it has no adverse effects on your health. Therefore, care should be taken to follow some preventive measures for your own good. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.