Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. TusharYour feedback matters!
Actually I travel many places for my job. From past 1year, I am facing too much of hair loss. I have used many oils and lotions, But I didn't find any improvement. Kindly please suggest some tips/medicines to prevent my hairfall? Actually my hair root has become very week and l'm getting pain underneath sometimes. Please, need your advise. TIA.
I have a skin problem, which was like white dots on the skin. What will be that problem? Whether it is allergy or skin disease? Please help me.
I have black spot on my face how can I cure my acne. Black head created on face and my face is oily by this. I have no allergy but face is so oily by dusts. And dry after face wash rashes red. Please give some solutions.
What's the best way to get reduce facial fat cause I'm having alot by which my nose lips and cheeks look so big pls help.
Hii sir, I am 24 old I have pimples on my face since 8 years ago and small holes and black heads and now holes are develop more on my face how can I recover my face to beautiful skin .is it possible.
How to remove blackspot remarks of blood and holes caused by pimples on the face and how to make skin look white.
What is solution of hair losing at Youngest age My age is 18 I facing number of hair loss day and day.
I am losing my hair n I have tried lot of shampoos but still there is no effect on the hair so please help me out from this problem.
How do I remove my blackheads at home? Along with the solution, please tell me how to avoid blackheads.
Sir, I am k. Nani. Sir I am having lot of hairfall at rhe age of 17 now I am 20. Sir can you give solution for my problem please sir. Yours Faithfully K. Nani.
I have had hair issues like hair fall and split ends. So I shaved my head bald. What do I need to apply on my scalp to grow thick good quality hair?
I have some pimple on my face so how I can control this thing thik please give me the answer I am so sad by the pimple that have on my chick my face looks ugly girls hates me.
Allergic reactions are the body’s way of responding to foreign substances. The body recognizes these substances (be it food, pollens, insect bites, etc.) as antigens and produces antibodies. These antibodies can cause various reactions depending on the severity of the allergen, be it skin rash, hives, or angioedema. In severe cases, there could be swelling of the tongue and the respiratory tract, leading to choking of the airways.
Literally, angioedema means swelling of the blood vessels. These are located in the underlying layers of the skin and their swelling can lead to formation of giant hives, which can be extremely itchy, reddish, and oval or circular in shape. The affected area is usually warm and painful to touch.
Angioedema is caused due to the following:
Food allergies including eggs, peanuts, shellfish, milk, tree nuts, chocolates, etc.
Insect bites or stings
Pollen, latex, animal dander, poison ivy, and other common allergens
Medications like aspirin, penicillin, ibuprofen, and some blood pressure medicines
In response to blood transfusions
Auto-immune disorders like lupus
Infections like hepatitis, cytomegalovirus infections, Epstein-Barr infections, etc.
Weather conditions like extremes of cold, heat, or pressure
Extreme emotional stress
Genetic angioedema, passed on from parents to children, which could last forever
While hives usually develop without any warning, the following condition puts a person at risk of developing angioedema.
Predisposition to allergic reactions (highly active immune system)
Previous history of allergies
Genetic history of allergies or angioedema
Most angioedema cases are limited to the skin and hives, but there could be severe cases leading to respiratory distress.
If it is the first instance of hives, the doctor would ask detailed questions about similar occurrence in the past. They would also check if there are similar hives on other parts of the body like the back, which you may have missed. If required, this examination is followed by allergy testing and blood testing. The allergy testing will help identify if you are allergic to some of the common things which cause allergy. The blood test will look for your eosinophil count, which is usually high in people prone to allergies. C1 esterase inhibitor test and complement particles also can be checked, if there is suspicion of genetic angioedema.
This would depend on the severity of symptoms
- In case of angioedema, admission in hospital may be needed.
- Tracheostomy may also become essential to save patients life.
- Vigorous therapy with intravenous medications like steroid, antihistamines and others may be needed.
- Under medical treatment, antihistamines like cetirizine and loratadine are prescribed. However, severe cases may require steroids like prednisolone.
Once you know what caused it, avoid exposure to these substances and further attacks can be prevented. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hair thinning and loss of hair is very common in today's lifestyle. Excessive stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, a poor diet can be listed as the major environmental culprits but genetics too plays an important role in premature hair loss. There are plenty of hair growth products that promise results but very few work. Here are some effective hair re-growth treatments that have been proven to be successful.
- Finasteride (Propecia)- Finasteride is an umbrella term for the Propecia and Proscar. If you are affected by DHT (dihydrotestosterone), it will cause your hair follicles to become smaller until they have shrunk to the point they can't grow any hair. Finasteride reduces the effects of DHT up to 70% and even causes hair to grow back. It can take from 3 months up to a year for it to show any results. This has been often referred as the best hair loss treatment available with little to no side effects.
- Minoxidil- Minoxidil was originally a remedy to treat high blood pressure, but several users reported its hair growth effects, it was then manufactured as a topical medication for hair loss. Minoxidil works by stimulating the hair follicles by enlarging the blood vessels which causes more nutrients and oxygen to flow into the follicle leading to hair growth. Users can notice significant growth from 2 to 3 months of using Minoxidil.
- Prostaglandin analogs- These are relatively new options which are currently being examined of their hair growth potentials. These are mainly used as eyelash enhancements now but scientists are hopeful that they soon can be treated for hair loss.
Related Tip: How to Control Hair Loss Through Ayurveda?
Can I follow Fluconazole plus loreal professional advance density shampoo for my hair fall and dry scalp problem? Please tell me any side effects if they have!
Have consulted a doctor for my hair loss problem and according to him having serious hair thinning n low hair density problem and prescribed me minoxidil topical 5%' to use on my scalp and would like to have second opinion if there is any sideeffect of this medicine , if not please advice there is no harm using this for my hair growth.
I have got lots of pimples on my face please help me out to get ride of it please prescribe some medicine.
One of the biggest worries that can be caused by a seemingly harmless thing is that caused by falling of hair or hair loss as it immediately throws up a stark image of a bald pate, which no one wants to have. The very thought of hairfall tends to lower your confidence about your looks. It may even make you a target of jokes. A commonly heard joke in our part of the world is that if one is losing hair, it is an indication that he is becoming rich. In reality, the opposite is more likely to be true. A person with falling hair ends up losing or spending a fortune trying to stop the hair from falling and preserving one’s crowning glory. Moreover, there is no dearth of enterprising people out to fleece such patients who are already hassled.
Causes of Hairfall or Baldness
The causes of excessive hairfall can vary from person to person as there are various possible reasons for this phenomenon.
- Deficiency in one’s diet where one does not get adequate levels of the required minerals and vitamins can be one prominent cause. Micronutrients like Zinc, Selenium and Iron are important for the normal growth of hair and any deficiency in these can cause hairfall.
- The absence of good health or the presence of some or the other illness can also cause the hairfall to increase. Post Coital Tristesse
- In males, the most common cause is the androgenic baldness or the male pattern baldness. This variety of baldness is present only in males and tends to run in families. It occurs due to the presence of excess of testosterone, which results in increased hair growth all over the body but the hair on the head falls out.
- Fungal infections of the scalp can also cause baldness in patches. Other localised infections of the scalp can also cause hairfall.
- Hairfall can occur in females just after pregnancy or after delivery. This has to do with the changes in the hormones that occur during these phases.
Role of Homeopathy in Curing Hairfall
Homeopathy is very effective in treating hair fall or baldness or alopecia. As mentioned earlier, when we say baldness, we do not mean the male pattern baldness or the androgenic baldness. In such cases, we can only reduce the hairfall. But in other cases, the homeopathic medicines for hair fall not only treat the symptoms i.e. the hairfall but also cure the systemic problems that are the root cause of the hairfall. In case the bald spots are happening due to fungal infections, the homeopathic medicines eradicate the fungus completely and the hair grow back on their own completely naturally.
Homeopathic Medicines For Hair Fall or Baldness or Alopecia
Homeopathic medicines like Acid Flour, Phosphorus, Lycopodium, Thuja and Silicea have been very effective in treating hair loss. It is very important to study the patient in great detail and find the exact cause of the problem and treat the root cause. Sometimes, there may be some hidden stress in the mind of the patient which may have caused this hairfall and it also needs to be treated accordingly if we wPost Coital Tristesseant a permanent cure to the problem. Given below are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for hair fall or baldness-
- Acid Flour – best homeopathic medicine for baldness in spots
- Thuja – best remedy for hair fall with dandruff
- Lycopodium – best medicine for hair fall after delivery
- Silicea – best treatment for baldness with constipation
- Phosphorus- best medicine for hair falling out in handfuls
These medicines are very effective in treating hair fall or baldness. The only thing is that the symptoms of the patient should be matched carefully with the right homeopathic medicine. In a lot of cases, some different medicine might be required based on the symptoms of the patient.