Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tejas Padodara
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Tuberculosis
Treatment of Shortness of Breath
Treatment of Pneumonia
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of COPD
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Treatment of Persistent Cough
Treatment of Occupational Lung Disease
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Treatment of Breathing Problems
Treatment of Lung DIseases
Treatment of Interstitial Lung Disease
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Lung Fibrosis
Submit a review for Dr. Tejas PadodaraYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 7 years old and she is constantly suffering from cough since 3 months. All the tests are done and nothing shown as such. We tried homeopathic and ayurveda as well. She gets cough when she go to play more than 4 hours in a day she gets cough if she had any nonveg from hotel or sometimes at home she gets cough if she had any soft drinks or beverages please suggest.
I am having some asthma trouble since my age of 5. Now itself it is not recoverable. And am using aerocort inhaler as its precaution, is there any other way to overcome from it.
Hi, I am 23 years old. My average heartbeat 85-105 in normal. Is it create any problem? I had smoking habit. But, I stop smoking from last 3 months. My weight is 94 kgs. Is it the reason for my breathing problem. How can I solve this problem?
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? OrI know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
I am suffering from cough nd throating from past few weeks what should I do to cure my jammed throat.
My sinus is not improving and I am taking montair lc for 1 month, I also take hot vapours and solving spray. What should I do now? I want suggestion from allopathy doctors.
I am 22 ys old. I have continues cough for past 2 months. I consulted doc tor many times. What should I do.
Suffering from cough and cold for 3 to 4 days. Today noted fever also around 100 c. Please suggest some medicine. No medicine given till now.
How to get rid of sinus infections. Is there any ayurvedic medicine. Is pranayam helpful to reduce sinus problems.
I've been suffering chest pain on left and in the middle from last almost 2 months. My heartbeat is also fast and it's above 100. I've checked few times. I get tired too quick and sometimes I have breathing problem. I took pain killer but it didn't help at all. I've seen a doctor but all he gave me is pain killer which didn't help as well. So what it could be?
I have got tonsil and feeling pain little pain in my throat. I don't know how it happened but not getting cured since past three days. I am taking medicine from past 2 days but still not decreased. Please suggest what to do.
Can tuberculosis of the lymph node (supraclavicular involved) can spread to lungs as well? Also my chest x-ray indicates normal condition of the lungs. But tb of lymph nodes as I've read indicates its infection primarily somewhere else (lungs, pancreas, spleen). Does it mean that pancreas or spleen may be involved?
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.