Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma GuptaYour feedback matters!
With the change of season, we all have to be geared up for the increase in the number of mosquitoes in and around our homes, and among these is one such mosquito, which can be fatal for your life. The bite of the ‘Aedes aegypti’ mosquito causes Dengue. This mosquito survives and breeds in tropical and sub-tropical areas. It is a waterborne disease and causes extreme pain, discomfort and in some cases even death. Each year 390 million people are inflicted with dengue out of which 96 million develop serious illnesses and are required to be hospitalized.
1. As mentioned above it is caused by the bite of the ‘Aedes aegypti’ mosquito.
2. When a mosquito bites a person who already has dengue, it becomes infected and it can be transmitted to any healthy person this mosquito bites next.
3. If you already have dengue and are infected again then you have a higher chance of developing dengue hemorrhagic fever or a dengue shock which can even cause death.
4. Living near a stagnant water body, or accumulating water in open containers, staying in the vicinity of clogged drains and open windows can also expose you to the threat of Dengue.
The symptoms can last to about 10 days after one gets infected. The symptoms are as follows:
1. Excruciating pain behind the eyes
2. Severe headache
3. Sudden high fever.
6. Skin rash which generally appears two to five days after you get bitten.
7. Nose bleeding, easy bruising and bleeding gums.
8. Severe muscle and joint pain.
These symptoms can be mistaken for high fever or viral infection, so it is important to get tested as soon as you start experiencing these symptoms. If dengue is not treated in time, it can give rise to dengue hemorrhagic fever. In this case, you can suffer from high fever, nose bleeding (damage of blood vessels), failure of the circulatory system and enlargement of liver.
You can also prevent dengue by avoiding storing water in containers, keeping your surroundings clean, wearing full body clothing, using mosquito repellants, sleeping under a mosquito net and setting mosquito traps. Dengue is very devastating and can cause death in worse cases as in dengue shock or dengue hemorrhagic fever. Dengue is now an epidemic in many countries. People affected with dengue need to drink a lot of fluids and take plenty of rest. They can also reduce the fever by having a paracetamol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
During the menstrual days, it is necessary to use some kind of padding or easily absorbent material to remain clean and hygienic throughout the day. This material is available in form of tampons or sanitary napkins.
What is the difference between tampons and sanitary napkin
- The tampon is a mass of retentive material shaped in a cylinder, which needs to be inserted into the vagina. Most tampons have a cord or string to aid manual removal. Tampons are used especially when you have to wear tight fitting clothes.
- The sanitary napkins are disposable flat pads that are worn externally to collect menstrual blood and prevent staining. These are mostly made of rayon or cotton. They are available in a variety of sizes, with added benefits of extra absorption and fragrance in some cases. They are easier to carry.
Benefits of using a tampon
- Tampons are easy to use provided you are very well informed and well practiced about its usage and methods of insertion
- Tampons can absorb menstrual blood, depending on your flow, for up to six hours.
- Tampons are more hygienic as the entire material does not get soaked. This helps in preventing the menstrual blood from coming in contact with underwear, skin and staining other clothing.
Disadvantages of using a tampon
- Tampons, if not changed within 4-6 hours, may cause leakage and staining.
- The insertion of a tampon is extremely inconvenient and uncomfortable if not used by practiced hands.
- Incorrect insertion can be painful and lead to injuries and infection
- Leaving a tampon on for too long can cause a Toxic Shock Syndrome. It is a fatal disease caused by toxins and bacterial infection.
- Tampons may increase menstrual cramps in some cases.
Benefits of using sanitary napkins
- Sanitary napkins are easy to use. They come in flat, rectangular shapes of absorbent material that are stuck on the underwear and absorb menstrual blood externally.
- Can be worn overnight.
- Easier to use and convenient to carry around.
- Helps to monitor the flow of blood
- Lessens the risk of infections, and there are fewer health risks
Disadvantages of sanitary napkins
- Cannot prevent menstrual odours
- The absorption rate is lower than tampons
- They show through clothing and tight fitted clothes cannot be worn
It is difficult to say which one is a better or healthier option. Both kinds have their own advantages and disadvantages and are a matter of individual preference. No matter what you use, it is important for you to keep in mind that it is necessary to change it after a few hours, and regular washing helps keeping the menstrual odour in check. It also keeps the pubic region clean and free from the risks of bacterial infections. It is necessary to remain active and maintain a healthy diet to have a regular smooth flow without blood clots. In case of uncontrolled bleeding, you must seek medical attention without delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Suffering from multiple PCOS and each time having dark brown discharge for 3-4 days just before periods and some times after period also. Is it okay? Will it not affect my fertility. Any remedies or suggestions if you can provide.
*काली मिर्च उदरपीड़ा, डकार और अफारा मिटाकर कामोत्तेजना एवं विरेचन करती है। *अरुचि, जीर्ण ज्वर, दांत दर्द, मसूड़ों की सूजन, पक्षाघात, नेत्ररोग आदि पर भी यह हितकारी है।
*जुकाम होने पर काली मिर्च मिलाकर गर्म दूध पीएं। यदि जुकाम बार-बार होता है, अक्सर छीकें आती हैं तो काली मिर्च की संख्या एक से शुरू करके रोज एक बढ़ाते हुए पंद्रह तक ले जाए फिर प्रतिदिन एक घटाते हुए पंद्रह से एक पर आएं। इस तरह जुकाम एक माह में समाप्त होगा।
*खांसी* होने पर आधा चम्मच काली मिर्च का चूर्ण और आधा चम्मच शहद मिलाकर दिन में 3-4 बार चाटें। खांसी दूर हो जाएगी।
*गैस की शिकायत होने पर एक कप पानी में आधे नीबू का रस डालकर आधा चम्मच काली मिर्च का चूर्ण व आधा चम्मच काला नमक मिलाकर नियमित कुछ दिनों तक सेवन करने से गैस की शिकायत दूर हो जाती है।गला बैठना :काली मिर्च को घी और मिश्री के साथ मिलाकर चाटने से बंद गला खुल जाता है और आवाज़ सुरीली हो जाती है। आठ-दस काली मिर्च पानी में उबालकर इस पानी से गरारे करें, इससे गले का संक्रमण खत्म हो जाएगा।त्वचा रोग :काली मिर्च को घी में बारीक पीसकर लेप करने से दाद-फोड़ा, फुंसी आदि रोग दूर हो जाते हैं।
Hello. I have been suffering from pcos (no periods) and thyroid (under control). I got married. We r trying for a baby. Doctor gave me clomid and hcg injection on 19th day of period and I got conceive after 40 days I got abortion. Doctor told me that you r over weight. Due to over weight I am not able to conceive in 78 now I want to lose 9 to 10 kilos I am doing diet and exercise (45 min per day) but not reducing weight. Pls suggest a diet chart to reduce weight. We r trying for another cycle in August I that mean time I have to loose weight.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Masturbation is normal habit for all healthy adolescent males. It is neither harmful nor has any side effects. However the aim of masturbation is to attain a climax through ejaculation which can occur in a couple of minutes.
While having sex with a partner your aim is not only ejaculation. Your aim is to give pleasure to your partner and satisfy her by all means including oral sex. Actual sexual intercourse should be the last. So the two situations are different. What happens during masturbation does not necessarily happen during heterosexual sex.