Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Most women attain menopause between the ages of late 40s and early 60s, the average age being about 51. This is an important milestone in a women's gynecological history. One major change is altered female hormone levels, and this leads to a lot of physiological changes. From hot flashes to mood swings, there is also increased predisposition to osteoporosis and uterine cancer.
If you have not had your menstrual cycles for close to 12 months, chances are you are into menopause. So, that means absolutely no vaginal bleeding anymore whatsoever. However, if you experience bleeding, even spotting, be on the alert. It is not normal and needs to be examined, and if required, diagnosed and treated.
Postmenopausal bleeding or PMB, as it is popularly called, can be due to a variety of reasons. While it could be something as trivial as inflammation of the uterine or vaginal lining, it could also be an indication of more severe issues like cancer.
- Atrophic vaginitis: Decreasing hormonal levels lead to increased dryness and therefore inflammation of the vaginal and uterine tissue. This is one of the common causes of bleeding after menopause.
- Endometrial atrophy: Also caused by lower hormone levels, the lining of the body of the uterus gradually thins down and can get inflamed.
- Polyps: Noncancerous growths in the uterus, cervix, vulva, or vagina can also lead to bleeding.
- Infections: General infection of any area along the uterine tract could lead to occasional bleeding.
- Cancers: Though only 1 in 10 PMB cases turn out to be cancers, the prognosis improves with early diagnosis and intervention.
Diagnosis: As repeated above, reach out to your doctor if you notice postmenopausal bleeding.
Diagnostic methods could include the following:
- Physical exam
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Endometrial biopsy
- Dilatation and Curettage
Treatment: Needless to say, this would depend on the diagnosis. For very minor cases with diagnosis like altered hormone levels, no treatment may be required other than modification of the hormone replacement therapy. For endometrial atrophy and atrophic vaginitis, use of estrogen creams and pessaries would be sufficient. Polyps would require removal followed by cauterization (application of slight heat) to stop the bleeding.
Cancer: This would depend on the type and location and require a combination of chemotherapy and surgery. Removal of the uterus also may be required in some cases. So, if you have had bleeding of any sort after a year of menopause, do not ignore it.
Last month I had injury in my palm with window glass and had stitches on wound. Now wound is healed but that stitches portion is sensitive, hard on touching and little swollen. What should I do? And how much time will it take to become normal?
Hai am 26 I took corion injection but there is no ovulation then doctor gave me tablet to get period but it doesn' t come what should I do.
Doctor me and my boyfriend had oral sex and he ejaculated on my thighs. But for three months she is getting her periods. Is she pregnant?
How Does Sexual Dysfunction Affect Women?
* Hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* Sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* Orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* Sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).
My period is almost 30 days due. My pregnancy test is positive which I did two weeks ago. At present, sometime feel vomit but not regularly except this I feel nothing. Now, my question is that" IS MY BABY OK? please REPLY.
Homeopathy has a number of uses. It is a popular form of medication since it has negligible side effects. Homeopathy can even be used to help reduce weight and maintain a healthy BMI or body mass index. However, do not expect a miracle. Homeopathic medicines act slowly and it can be quite a while before you notice physical changes.
As with any homeopathic medicine, no one cure fits all. When prescribing homeopathic medication for weight loss, a doctor will need to understand your detailed medical history, lifestyle and overall constitution. Homeopathic medication to lose weight works by stimulating metabolism. Thus, in order for the medication to be effective, it needs to be accompanied by regular exercise and a controlled diet.
- Calcarea carbonica: This is prescribed in cases where weight gain is due to thyroid problems and when fatty tissue is accumulated in the abdomen. They also have a slow metabolism and often suffer from constipation. It can also be prescribed to women suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease to trigger weight loss.
- Natrum mur: Patients who have been prescribed natrum mur for weight loss have usually put on weight due to chronic stress and depression. Their weight is often concentrated on the thighs and buttocks. They also often suffer from anemia.Natrum Mur can also be prescribed in combination with Ignatia when weight gain is triggered by depression.
- Lycopodium; This is used mainly in cases where excess fat deposits are concentrated on the thighs and buttocks. These people often suffer from indigestion with common complaints of flatulence and constipation. They are also very irritable and prone to overeating.Lycopodium and calcarea carb are often prescribed together to trigger weight loss in patients suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Nux vomica; A sedentary lifestyle is one of the most common causes for obesity and excessive weight. In such cases, nux vomica is an effective form of treatment. People who can be benefitted by nux vomica often also suffer from constipation and intolerance to cold drafts.Nux Vomica can also be prescribed in combination with Alumina.
- Antimonium crudum: This is usually prescribed to obese children who have a tendency to overeat. These children also often suffer from indigestion alternating between diarrhea and constipation.
- Graphites and Sepia: This is usually prescribed to women who may have put on excess weight due to menopause. They can be used on their own or in combination depending on the personality of the woman and the symptoms showcased.