Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumit Kumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit KumarYour feedback matters!
My baby is two months old. Her tongue and inside gums has become white. She is refusing to take milk. Please advise.
My baby is 6 month old he is not drinking moms milk properly please suggest a part from cerelac what should I give him for good growth.
A nutritional disorder, the problem of rickets occurs if your child suffers from a deficiency of calcium, phosphate or Vitamin D. It causes softened and damaged bones, skeletal deformities, impaired development of the bone's growth plate (a spot of growing tissue found near the end of a long bone in adolescents and children) and stunted growth.
Here are few very simple ways you can prevent your child from getting it:
1. Having Vitamin D and calcium rich foods - One of the best ways to prevent this nutritional disorder from affecting your child is by making sure he or she have foods that are high in Vitamin D and calcium. Egg yolks, fish oil or fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are some of the Vitamin D foods that your child can have to strengthen his bones. Even foods that have Vitamin D added to it such as cereals, orange juice, milk and infant formula can also be given to your child. Sources of calcium can be soyabeans, nuts, broccoli, cabbage, cheese and yoghurt.
2. Going out in the sun - Considered to be an excellent source of Vitamin D, getting your child exposed to sunlight is another excellent way of getting most of this nutrient, as well as preventing him or her from developing rickets. Although the exposure time may vary from individual to individual, about 10-15 minutes of sun exposure without sunscreen can help.
3. Having Vitamin D supplements - Even the consumption of Vitamin D supplements can reduce your child's risk of getting rickets. Since mother's milk contains less than the recommended Vitamin D amount, infants too need to be put on Vitamin D supplements of 400 IU each day. For teenagers and young children, the recommended dosage is 600 IU of Vitamin D every day.
My daughter is only 2 months old and she is getting a problem in her left eye uski eyes se bahut pani aa raha hai sir kindly give me some solution please.
My son is 6 years old and his height and weight are perfect. But he is thin and that's my only concern. Please tell what should I do to make him look little fat ?
I am 17 years old male I have digestion problem food doesn't digest like common man in general digestion time, and I feel very weakness and laziness and I have itches in some of body parts like neck, hand, chest since 8 months and I tried many medicine but nothing happen.
Hello, I am Dr Mangesh Chandewar. I have done post graduation diploma course in community medicines.
Today's topic is the importance of vaccination.
Vaccination is a biological molecule which is injected either through the injections, orally or through sprays. This helps us to create immunity against most of the infections.
Why vaccine is so important?
Even though we try to maintain good hygiene, cleanliness, sanitation, but still we can not prevent infection and the diseases caused by such infections. Right from the birth when delivery occurs, the baby comes in contact with the environment which is highly infected. This is like TB, Tuberculosis, which is more prevelent in India and we want to save our baby. Then right from the birth, the vaccines like BCG which is helpful in developing immunity against tuberculosis.
As per the National Immunization schedule and as per the WHO, we shoul give basic immunization, also called vaccination to the baby in order to develop immunity against the diseases.
What are the reasons to vaccinate the child?
If we do not give vaccination, it is not like the baby is going to infect but we can prevent most of the infections. If we do not give vaccination, the disease or infections can cause serious consequences rather than the vaccines. Vaccines are safer because they are being evaluated through the various phases during the clinical tria;. And also when it comes in the market.
Since they are very safe, they hardly have any side effect or consequences. and if any of the serious consequence occurs due to vaccination, that happens once in millions, so that they can immediately be taken care of. And teh action is taken according to the condition. My aim to get every baby vaccinated by birth, till the age of 5 years, all the vaccines should be appropriately given according to the proper age group. And the vaccines which are given after 5 years as and when required, once should get vaccinated.
In adults, when there is endemic or epidemic for any infections, say in 2010 swine flu was there, one should get treated as early as possible and should get vaccinated so that the disease should not be reoccured. The maximum number of people get vaccinated against infections. The community get the hard immunity. Accordingly we can prevent the disease throughout the community not only the individuals. This will help our country to fight against the diseases ans the infections.
This is all the basic immunisation and the vaccinations, I talked about. There are otther infection also, such as dog bite and other infections as well which can be vaccinated.
There are so many vaccines in the trials for so many life threatning diseases. As and when you get the chance, you can discuss it with the famly physician or any other doctor.
In order to know about the different vaccines. the appropriate age groups for the vaccines, or the side effects or any other vaccine related querry.you can contact me through Lybrate.
Please suggest. Is it is advisable to use Ginkgo Biloba to cure Vitiligo for a 7 year old child? Some studies seem to indicate that Ginkgo Biloba is effective in curing Vitiligo.
My baby child age of 22 months one day suddenly unable to sit and next day unable to easy walk, then next day walking was very difficult .with in three day her legs not much the ground. Nerve condition study was normal. Then doctor suspect GBS decease. Then given IVIG dose for 4 days. After 3 days no improved in health. Can you help me.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.