Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit KumarYour feedback matters!
My child not sit one place always running, school hour not listening round the arround class room, and watching out side.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
My son is 6 months old. and i have started giving him apple juice. And cereal. and he is having cold. he is doing a green poo. Everyday. Is this cause of food I have started or cause of cold he is having.
Hii my daughter is 5 n half month old she is passing motion more frequently. Her birth weight was 3.8 kg now she is 7.6 kg. Is she is getting teeth or any other problem. Is their anything to worry?
My son is 3 years old and he is suffering from cough and vomiting from last 15 days and consult with 3 no of doctors. They all said it is allergy in through and seasonal illness and chest is all clear. From day before yesterday cough was not stopped for a minute and he vomit only cough. He didn't eat any thing only think if I will eat it will get vomit now. Whole night he slept only 3-4 hours only. He took kofarest, protussa, chericof, levolin, calpol, Bro-zedex, clarinova, L montus and toff md. I don't understand what I do. He is not seems to well.
Hello Dr. Badam is good for pregnant lady how much we can take daily and how to increase baby weight, I have 24 weeks but baby not getting enough weight please suggest what I do. Thanks,
After 30 days of my baby born. On routine check up doctor counts his heart beat which is 180 bpm. He ask for echo test. Echo test done and one line is in bold letters of report. In final impression it is written that is patent foramen ovale left to right and normal pulmonary artery pressure. That time baby weight is 4.3 kg. Now baby is of 45 days we again went to the doctor for routine checkup. This time everything is ok. Heart beat is normal. weight is 5.2 kg. He said baby is growing well. Everything is fine. Is pfo is cured or not ?
I want to know that my baby is 1 month old and she spits up milk while sleeping. Is it ok and please suggest me some tips by how can I reduce that.
My 2 year son dosnt give attention even he do not play with his sister and he always climbing up on bed on table, his hearing is good eyes are perfact but he dosnt eye contact with us doctor suggest us to mri but his mri reports is normal tell us.
Hello, I really want an help, regarding my son's health. He is now 16 month old, but 8 month before his weight was 8 kg now it is only 9.8 kg. He look thin, always while walking he is not stable as if he is not balancing. Or his legs are weak. I have been feeding almost every thing which I come to know is healthy. But still his health not recovering. Please help me out. How can make my son health?
My son doesn't get satisfied with my feed. He is six week old although my feed is proper. He ask for feed after every one and a half hour specially during night. I sometimes don't have energy to feed him frequently. When I prepare formula milk he doesn't even waits start crying nd eats his clothes. What to do.
Please suggest me can I go for vaccination for my newborn baby because I read on net some doctors have adverse opinion they oppose vaccination because it has side effects and not all baby tolerate it. Please advise its urgent.
Hi. My son is now 2 year old in april. I have 2 son. Mera big son jab 1 year ka tha to main pregnant thi. During pregnancy v maine use apna feed karaya. Uske baad use heavy constipation ho gya h.potty karne m use bahut pareshani hoti h.avi 15 days usne. Normal potty kiya tha. Kuch dino se wo bahut chirchira sa ho gaya h.or baar bar wo apna tummy or naavi chukar batata h shayad use waha oain ho rha ho to isliye use Dr. K pass le gyi to Dr. Ne anti worm or kuch medicines suggest kiya. To maine usi raat use diya. Use aaj tak anti worm nhi diya tha use 20 march ko anti worm ka medicine diya. Phir se use potty nhi hone laga. Aaj uska kafi tight v lag rha h.kya use koi bimari ho gyi h.or kya during pregnancy jo doodh pilaya wo kharab tha. Kyu nhi pilana chahiye during pregancy .iske kya side effects h.mujhe kya karna chahiye kon sa test karwana chahiye? Uske body me blood v kam h. 10. 00gm/dl h.pls !answer soon .kaisa mera baby healthy hoga.
Dmft is a simple index tool for your dentist to follow and it is very easy to understand by the common patients too.
It is basically a summary of your oral health in a quick way.
It is to observe the number of teeth that are either decayed that is carious or having any periodontal or perapical pathology leading to the discomfort.
To observe how many teeth are missing.
To observe how many teeth are filled or restored.
This will give you an idea about the basic condition of your oral health
It is simple to get checked so visit your dentist today and ask for it.
Please suggest food items to feed 1 year baby in order to give her healthier life in all aspects and ways to give the items.
Drinking in teenage years linked to memory problems and other health issues in later life.
- Binge drinking during teenage years could lead to thinning of certain areas of the brain causing problems with memory and other serious health implications later in life suggests a study.
- As per a recent study conducted by the oregon state university in the us, binge drinking is linked to shrinking of certain areas of the brain that are associated with memory, attention and language in teenagers. This, in turn, could lead to increased risk of developing alcohol use disorder later on in life.
- The researchers studied six parameters to determine the hazardous impact of heavy drinking on the brain in early years. These include response inhibition, working memory, verbal learning and memory, decision making and reward processing, alcohol cue reactivity, and socio-cognitive/socio-emotional processing,
- Teenage is a period where the brain is still undergoing biological and psychological behaviour development.
- Considering the fact that more and more teenagers are involved in binge drinking and heavy drinking, understanding the effects of consuming large quantities of alcohol on neural development and the impact on cognitive skills is very important.
- Binge or heavy episodic drinking is defined as four or more standard drinks within a two-hour drinking session for females and five or more drinks for males.
- As per the study, binge drinking among young people is associated with a thinning or reduction of areas of the brain that are known to play a key role in memory, attention, language, awareness and consciousness.
- This type of brain alteration in young life could lead to increased risk of alcohol use disorder in later years of life.