Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonali GargYour feedback matters!
Dear sir. My wife is pregnant and it's 5 th month of her. It's first pregnancy of her. She didn't feel a single movement of baby yet. Is it normal everything?
I am 3 months pregnant I have continuous vomiting I am taking vomikind tab as per doc suggestions please help.
Hello. I have been suffering from pcos (no periods) and thyroid (under control). I got married. We r trying for a baby. Doctor gave me clomid and hcg injection on 19th day of period and I got conceive after 40 days I got abortion. Doctor told me that you r over weight. Due to over weight I am not able to conceive in 78 now I want to lose 9 to 10 kilos I am doing diet and exercise (45 min per day) but not reducing weight. Pls suggest a diet chart to reduce weight. We r trying for another cycle in August I that mean time I have to loose weight.
My wife takes freedom 5 IUDfor avoiding pregnancy for 5 years. Now she has a little bit of bleeding after the insertion of that IUD. Is it safe as the direction was that there will be little bleeding for some days? Or it is the better option for avoiding pregnancy while having unprotected sex?
Hi doc! how to free from dysfunctional uterine bleeding, I suffered it for 1 year & 2 months, sometimes it back again. I'm tired for that kind of sickness.
She is one month pregnant and she take mankind unwanted kit of 5 tablets but still periods is not come what she can do.
Bleeding from the vagina during the pregnancy period in women can be quite a traumatic experience. Bleeding during pregnancy occurs due to several reasons. While some of these reasons can be ignored and are considered natural, the others might be of concern. Vaginal bleeding accompanied by spotting is common in women within twelve weeks of pregnancy. The cervix getting infected might also be a cause of the bleeding, which stops on its own after a certain period. However, bleeding from the vaginal area during pregnancy phase may also lead to something as severe as miscarriage or an early born infant.
Once u get bleeding after getting pregnant consult ur doctor as early as possible, it's the doctor who will guide u whether to wait or some action has to be taken. For proper assessment and control of the bleeding, you should undertake the following actions:
- Keep a track on the bleeding: You must have an idea about the amount of blood loss you have had. It will make your doctor's work much easier to understand the intensity and the root of the problem. He will also be able to present you with a control plan. You have to keep a pad in your underwear and let it get soaked. Keep a track on how many pads get used by in a span of 24 hours. Notice the other features of the bleeding as well; whether there is pain or not and the intensity of the bleeding. Keep a constant check on the color and shade of the blood, and mention the presence of blood clots if any to your doctor.
- Take sufficient amount of rest: Untroubled, peaceful bed rest for long duration is the primary treatment to prevent pregnancy bleeding. During the early days of bleeding, total bed rest is recommended by all doctors. In case the bleeding cannot be checked regardless of sufficient rest, you should call the doctor.
- Abstain from any form of heavy physical work: Any kind of physical labor, which produces strain in the body such as running, jogging, jumping, cycling or going up and down a staircase quite often should be strictly prohibited during pregnancy. Undertaking these activities causes the uterus to jerk, and may lead to the breakage of delicate blood vessels within the placenta. On the off chance that the bleeding is less, activities of this kind should be still strictly avoided. Even after the bleeding stops, keep away from any strain for two more weeks.
- Do not indulge in sexual intercourse: Sexual intercourse during pregnancy can enhance the vaginal bleeding to a great extent. For women facing bleeding during this phase, it is advised to keep away from having sex until your doctor advises.
Pregnancy bleeding is a serious issue and it must not be neglected in the slightest of extent.
Thyme is one of the most famous herbs from the mint family. It is a common herb present in every spice set for garnishing and flavouring of the dish. In fact, apart from its modern-day use, it had been used by Egyptians in the process of mummification as well as by the Greeks as a form of incense. However, apart from its culinary uses, it is gaining a reputation as one of the most useful ingredients with several medicinal properties. Some of these medicinal properties are highlighted below.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: When it comes to blood pressure, consumption of salt and maintaining a balanced level of cholesterol are the two important things to keep a lookout for. Thyme itself can be used as a substitute for salt. Though the taste would not be quite the same without a trace of salt in the dish, but at least it would benefit your health and keep a balanced level of salt and cholesterol in your body. This would help you in maintaining a balanced blood pressure and also prevent you from falling prey to any kind of heart disease or even diabetes for that matter.
- Controls cough and cold: If you feel that you are about to experience an attack of a cough and cold due to seasonal changes or whatever reason, do not forget to keep some thyme at hand. You can make thyme paste and rub it onto your chest. The vapours coming out of it would help in curing cough. Further, thyme oils can always be used for a chest massage or can be rubbed onto the sides of your nostrils. Moreover, drinking warm thyme infused tea helps you in recovering faster.
- Boosts immunity: To maintain a proper immune system the body needs, vitamins, minerals, water and various other elements. With thyme being a rich source of vitamin C and Vitamin A apart from having the benefits of iron, manganese, copper and fibre, it is not unusual to know that it boosts the immune system in an individual. Thus, thyme is often consumed in a small quantity with at least one or two dishes of the day. This makes sure that the quantity of thyme entering your body is regulated and is just enough to provide you with all the necessary elements.
- Acts as a disinfectant: Mould is an element present in the air which not only causes air pollution but can be fatal to human health. In fact, it hurts those with asthma even more than regular people. One of the easiest ways to get rid of moulds in the air is to regularly use thyme oil in your house. Thyme oil acts as a disinfectant and helps in reducing the concentration of moulds in the air.
- Used for therapeutic purposes: Carvacrol is a substance present in thyme which helps it in making a mark as an important compound in aromatherapy. Many essential oils are made of thyme essence. These essential oils are not only used on the skin for massages but also used as incense and de-stressors.
Thus, these are some of the most important uses of thyme apart from adding flavouring to some of your favourite dishes.
I am 16 years old and recently noticed a big but painless outgrowth or rather lump on my left vaginal lip. Is it normal? Or should I consult a gynecologist?
Can you tell me what will cost for vdrl and hbsag And for std In government and private hospital pls tell me.
Is mama-protinex is good for the pregnant lady (6th month. My wife's doctor suggested her to take. How much she can take? And is there is any side effect of this protein powder.
I was feeling very tired and sick after my pregnancy, I am also not enjoying my sex life. I want to enjoy my life with my son and my husband also. I also want to get slim. This is really very important to me. please help me and tell me what should I do. Thank you so much.
Last month Fingered with precum during ovulation, got period 15 days later. No sexual activity after that Now, for this month, no periods. Breasts feel heavier Possibly pregnant?
Me & my wife is try to conceive about 6 months. We have lost a issue at past. Almost 1 year. Try to pregnant but no result. Recently my wife s seen a small swelling area at right breast at outer part. Consult our gynecologist, he says don't worry. He is no medicine for this. please solve my problems.
I am 18 years old and had sex first time in november 2014. I had regular periods after that. But this month I am not getting my period. Blood test (beta hcg) was 0.100 miu/ml. I am constantly worried about being pregnant. I know this is silly but please help me out. I am not bloated like other six month pregnant ladies but slightly fat. Please tell me am I pregnant? why am I not getting my period? how can I get it asap?
Sir I am married. Sir my period date is 23 or 24 every month but on this 23rd I am suffering for urine problem. In every 1 hour I have to go for urine. Is it sign of pregnancy please tell me. It's pain in Vagina also.
My mother had tumour in uterus 3 years back. Her uterus is removed but she got inguinal hernia after that. There are 2 hernia 1 is of big size other one is small. She is scared of surgeries as she had 5 surgeries before 2 for tumor 3 for child birth. It will be her 5th surgery. Doctors are saying as hernia is big laparoscopic surgery might not possible. She has to go for regular one. Is there any risk in 6th surgery? Is laparoscopic surgery possible?
When it comes to the brain and IQ, is bigger better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connection in a normal manner. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD show sign of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It’s all relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person’s cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons, which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal brain: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brain of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.