Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonali GargYour feedback matters!
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet
Hi I got married 6 months back ,still my wife is having periods and not getting pregnant. How can she get pregnant?
I had an sex with my Bf on my 8th day of my periods. I had post pone 72within 4 hours. I was bleeding after seven days for abt 3 days. Then I again I had sex with my Bf after 8 days and had 'ipill daily tablet. Will I get pregnant? Please reply asap m worried.
Hye Dr. I am pregnant so I can ask you something. My body was very paining at tha night. During the sleeping. My hair also falling so tell me what can I do.
She is facing pain in lower abdomen and in the back She has lots of white discharge plus painful urine discharge.
My wife's cicle period is sometime 28 days and another tme is 32 days .We always engaged sex upto 24thday with condoms and there after ie 25th day to next starting date of a period , we egaged sex without any precoution.Previous month's period was ended in 28th day and started this period on 14.1.15. This day is 32th day of period and no mensus happend my wife till the time. Wife is affraid , so please mention is there any chance of pregnancy ?.We have using this method for the last 4 year and no problems were occured upto previos month. My age is 45 and wife's 38 .
I am married before 8 months, but I did not get menses from 3 months. Before marriage also i did not get regularly, now what I should do, and if I will get pregnancy or not?
What is safe time of having sex with gf means how many day after and before her periods and what type of precautions should I take to avoid pregnancy 100℅ surely.
In 2013 I was took dots dose. For tuberculosis. Does it effects on fertility. Bcoz we are trying to conceive from last one year but it is not work.
1. It counteracts the effects of weight-promoting genes. Harvard medical researchers looked at 32 obesity-promoting genes in over 12,000 people to determine how much these genes actually contribute to body weight. They then discovered that, among the study participants who walked briskly for about an hour a day, the effects of those genes were cut in half.
2. It helps tame a sweet tooth. 15-minute walk can curb cravings for chocolate and even reduce the amount of chocolate you eat in stressful situations. And the latest research confirms that walking can reduce cravings and intake of a variety of sugary snacks.
Walking for 2.5 hours a week — that’s just 21 minutes a day — can cut your risk of heart disease by 30%. In addition, this do-anywhere, no-equipment-required activity has also been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and keep you mentally sharp.
3. It reduces the risk of developing breast cancer. Researchers already know that any kind of physical activity blunts the risk of breast cancer. But an American Cancer Society study that zeroed in on walking found that women who walked seven or more hours a week had a 14% lower risk of breast cancer than those who walked three hours or fewer per week. And walking provided this protection even for the women with breast cancer risk factors, such as being overweight or using supplemental hormones.
4. It eases joint pain. Several studies have found that walking reduces arthritis-related pain, and that walking five to six miles a week can even prevent arthritis from forming in the first place. Walking protects the joints — especially the knees and hips, which are most susceptible to osteoarthritis — by lubricating them and strengthening the muscles that support them.
5. It boosts immune function. Walking can help protect you during cold and flu season. A study of over 1,000 men and women found that those who walked at least 20 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, had 43% fewer sick days than those who exercised once a week or less. And if they did get sick, it was for a shorter duration, and their symptoms were milder.
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 4 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Mujhe lekin na to breast mein Dukhta hai aur na to sir dard hota hai aur na chakkar aaye hai ha lekin jab mein khana kha leti hu to mujhe ulti Jaise mehsoos hota hai par ulti hoti nhi hai kya is ke alawa bhi kuch hota hai kya pregnancy mein.
I had sex but the condom burst out. What are the chances of pregnancy. She tried removing the cum And is it safe to take I pill twice in 30 day gap.
My friend is suffering from heavy periods. She is suffering that problem for last 20 days and it occurs continuously what should she do now. Plzz help.
Hi doctors, I am 24 years old two years passed of marriage but still I am not satisfied during intercourse but my husband is perfect now we want a baby. My periods are coming on time we take treatment but there is no result please help us.
Pregnancy is a transformation phase in itself -it brings with it changes to almost all body systems. The oral tissues and the teeth are also affected significantly. Extra precaution is required to maintain regular oral health and avoid severe decay and/or gum disease. If not avoided, the dental infections can cause severe systemic infections and require strong antibiotics, x-rays, minor surgeries, and root canal therapy which may not be safe during pregnancy.
Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy in the blood lead to a lot of visible changes in the oral cavity - higher incidence of tooth decay, gingival and periodontal inflammation, and even minor benign tumours in some cases. The notorious morning sickness plays havoc with the person's oral hygiene habits, thereby further complicating the situation.
Prior to pregnancy: A pre-pregnancy dental check-up to look for gum health and decay would go a long way in a healthy pregnancy, from the dental point of view at least. A thorough scaling and screening for cavities done before pregnancy can help avoid dental visits during the term, other than for routine checkup.
Pregnancy: If that pre-pregnancy visit could not happen, then visiting your dentist should be one of the first things to do as soon as you have confirmed your pregnancy. At this stage, no dental treatment can be done. Any elective procedures (cosmetic, etc.) will have to be done only after delivery. If the dentist identifies no cause for worry, that is great news. However, if there are any causes for concern, like a decay, the non-invasive treatment should be done at the earliest. When you are pregnant, note the following from a dental point of view:
- Oninvasive treatments like minor fillings can be done
- Regular scaling and polishing is not a problem
- Let the dentist know about all the medications you are taking
- Visit the dentist every 3 to 4 months for a regular check-up
- Follow good oral hygiene practices including, brushing, rinsing, and flossing
- Switch to a bland toothpaste in case of severe morning sickness
- Watch your diet - the teeth forming in the fetus require nutrition through you, so ensure adequate intake of minerals like calcium and potassium
- Avoid sweets and sticky/chewy foods that can lead to plaque formation
Though dental procedures can be done during the 4th to 6th month, they are best avoided, which can be done with better planning and some minimal care.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure you have again ensured there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
With a little planning and extra care, dental health can be managed nicely during pregnancy with minimal to no pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I have gone physical with my boyfriend on 12,13 and 14 of January this month with full protection. Now I'm feeling pain in my stomach. He haven't cum inside me. Is there any chances of becoming pregnant or its just a mere pain. I don't want to get pregnant. What should I do?
A Pap Smear is a screening test done to to test for occurrence of uterine cancer. Carried out in a quick and simple way to extract a sample, the sample is collected from the cervix area of a woman during a pelvic exam. The examination of the sample takes place under a microscope thereafter to find abnormalities that can point towards cancer and pre cancer changes.
There are many reasons why women should get a pap smear screening done:
1. Women who are HIV positive should get this test done regularly so as to detect any anomalies in the cervix. This condition usually comes with higher risk of infections and cancer, which is why regular screening is required.
2. Age is also another factor and women over the age of 30 should go through an annual screening on a compulsory basis. This is also true for women who have been through pregnancy and child birth.
Preparing for a Pap Smear: To prepare for a pap smear test, you need to ensure that you are not menstruating at the time. Also, you may want to avoid sexual activity just before the test so as to get the most accurate readings. During the process, remember to stay calm and relax your body physically.
Procedure: The pap smear procedure is a quick one that might be only slightly uncomfortable. This test is usually carried out on the examination table at the gynecologist's clinic. The legs will need to be spread and placed in stirrups. The doctor will insert a speculum to hold open the vaginal opening so that the spatula can be inserted easily to take a sample from the area. This sample of the cells will be tested in a lab after due preservation.
Test Results: The test results can either be normal or abnormal. An abnormal result does not point at the presence of cancer. Rather it can simply mean that abnormal cells exist in the cervix. The doctor may ask you to go through these tests and screening more frequently so as to study the anomalies in a more detailed manner.