Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shoyeb PatelYour feedback matters!
You need carbohydrates as they are the body's main energy source. Still, weight loss enthusiasts will keep claiming that you should avoid them at all costs. However, the truth is, you need to eat carbs, but you need to find the right ones.
It is believed that consuming complex carbohydrates is better than simple carbohydrates. But the problem arises when you need to differentiate between them, because nutrition labels on food items do not inform you if the carb content is simple or complex.
What are Carbohydrates?
Carbohydrates are an essential component in various kinds of food. You may only relate carbs to bread and rice, but they are also found in dairy, seeds, sugary foods and sweets, fruits, legumes, vegetables, nuts and grains.
Carbohydrates are comprised of three elements that is starch, fibre and sugar. Sugar is a simple carb while starch and fibre are complex carbs.
Refined or Simple Carbohydrates
Simple carbs are easier to digest. Examples of simple carbs include:
- natural sugar (desi gurh, desi khaand, desi mishri, desi kakvi)
- high-fructose and corn syrups
- brown sugar
- sucrose, glucose and fructose
- fruit juice concentrate
Simple carbs should be avoided as they lead to type 2 diabetes and other associated diseases. Here are some foods you must avoid:
- baked treats
- packaged cookies
- breakfast cereal
Complex Carbohydrates: Since they have higher contents of fiber and are slow to digest, complex carbs are the good kind of carbs. They are good for people who want to lose weight or are suffering from type 2 diabetes.
Fiber and starch make up the group of complex carbs. Fibers are good for your bowels and cholesterol. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans and whole grains are excellent sources of fiber.
If your food has fiber in it, it will also contain starch. The only difference is that certain foods are less fibrous and more on the starchy side, such as potatoes. Whole wheat bread, cereal, corn, peas, rice and oats are also high in starch.
Choosing the right carb for you will take patience and time. If you don't mind some research and pay close attention to nutrition labels, you can start making healthier, and better, choices that will keep you energised, and prevent you from any chronic disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have semen fall very soon before sex. I had this problem. But also continued long months. I don't got any solution early semen fall from penis. My penis very slim and lose weight .top of the penis very soft. No hard yet. My penis not stand very well. Penis muscle not work proper. Kindly help me.
Respected sir. I am Md Sarfraz from WestBengal howrah. My age is 22 now and I am worried about my height. My height is now 5.3". I. Therefore, wish that you will look further on this. Thank you doctors..
A patient having fever with headache since last five days and TLC are 2500 /cmm what will be the diagnosis?
HelloMy skin is so dry, and I have dark skin in my knuckles, toes, neck, armpits and groins. Please helo me how I can get rid of thus.
My sexual drive is low when I want increase my stamina my body gets heat and nightfalls usually in every week. How can I increase my sexual drive.
Hi I am vasanth I need to improve by body weight so suggest any best and healthy food to improve my weight.
My brother is 19. Sound came from all his joints. Suddenly feel weakness sometimes in knee joints. His shoulders pain even fold clothes. Also when he lift heavy things and stairs up pain his shoulder joints elbow joints and knee joints. And his calcium, magnesium reports were normal.
Once I got beating on my ears badly with my father. After 1 month I started listening some sound when I close and open my eyes in ears. Is that something happened in my ears. What should I do. Tell me if this is a problem in future.
A cut on your skin can be seen by the naked eye, but injuries and infections to internal organs are not so easily visible to the eye. The procedure to view and operate on the body’s internal organs is known as an endoscopy. An endoscopy is performed using a flexible tube with a camera attached at one end known as an endoscope. This is inserted into the body though a natural opening in the body such as the mouth or through a small incision on the body.
While the camera gives the doctor a view of the internal organs, forceps or a pair of scissors can be used to operate or remove tissue that needs to be biopsied. Since an endoscopy is performed without making large incisions, it negates the development of scarring.
Types of Endoscopies
Endoscopies can be used for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. It is also one of the means for early detection of cancer. There are 11 main types of endoscopies which include:
1. Arthroscopy: This is used to get a closer look at joints. In such cases, the endoscope is inserted into a small incision near the joint being examined.
2. Bronchoscopy: This procedure is used to examine a patient’s lungs. It involves the insertion of a scope into the nose or mouth to give a view of the lungs.
3. Colonoscopy: In this procedure, a scope is inserted through the anus to get a view of the colon.
4. Cystoscopy: When the bladder needs to be examined closely, an endoscope is inserted through the urethra. This is known as a cystoscopy.
5. Enteroscopy: This is a procedure where the scope is inserted through the mouth or anus to get a look at the small intestines.
6. Hysteroscopy: Here a scope is inserted through the vagina to get a look at the inside of the uterus.
7. Laparoscopy: It is an endoscopy to examine the abdominal area is known as a laparoscopy. This scope is inserted through an incision in the abdomen.
8. Laryngoscopy: This type of endoscopy involves inserting a scope through the mouth or nose to examine the voice box.
9. Mediastinoscopy: By inserting a scope into an incision above the breastbone, doctors can get a look at the area between the lungs. This is known as a mediastinoscopy.
10. Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: Examining the esophagus and upper intestinal tract by inserting a scope through the mouth is known as an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
11. Ureteroscopy: This procedure is used to examine the patient’s ureter by inserting a scope through the urethra.