Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shetal Deshmukh
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Caesarean Section Procedure
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Treatment of Pcod Problems
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Shetal DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Dr. Shetal Deshmukh Feeds
My wife is 30 years old and she has big fibroids in her uterous. We have married only 4 monthm. Has there any possibility for her pregnancy?
Most women tend to ignore their own well-being. A woman's health deteriorates faster as she ages, therefore women must go for complete body checkups regularly. Here are few symptoms to be cautious about and if you notice any of these, do visit your doctor soon.
1. A lump or a cyst - a breast lump is not to be ignored. If you detect/feel a suspicious breast lump, remember it could be a cyst. Now the cyst could be benign or otherwise, best to let the specialists find that out for you. Get a breast examination done at the soonest.
2. Shortness of breath - this is a very common problem amongst women and is an indicator for cardiac problems, even an impending heart attack. If shortness of breath is a common occurrence, also followed by fatigue, dizziness, etc, schedule a check-up pronto. Chest pain and nausea should be given immediate medical assistance.
3. Inability to sleep - an occasional sleepless night is fine but if this has become a habit and you have major difficulty in falling asleep regularly, this could be an issue. This usually happens to women when they enter menopause. Women need to get ample sleep, and if there are disturbances in your sleep, please consult your doctor.
4. Headaches - frequent headaches which occur at levels which are unbearable are not to be taken lightly. Headaches could be symptoms of stroke, brain infections or tumor or other ailments.
5. Pain in intercourse - sex should not be painful. If it hurts, something is wrong and your body is most likely trying to tell you something. This could be to do with any of the gynecological problems, so better see your ob-gyn soon.
I am 8 months pregnant. But my belly so small. Why my belly so small. My weight 1311grms. Am worried bout my baby weight. Pls suggest me. I want baby weight.
Sir my age is 23 female last two years onwards I am suffering with menstrual cycle problems are facing but now last 8 months onwards my period date is exactly came now problem is bleeding is very less what is the reason behind it? Two years back I was checked my ovarian doctor was said to me small water bubbles are here so I used medicines can you suggest me it will effecting to pregnancy but now I am not married for future purpose I am asking.
Hello Doctor, I am 35 years old I had ultrasound check-up of my both Ovaries. In result its came Both ovaries are normal size. Is this is possible that I can conceive for my second baby?
Hi I am 30 yr old female please tell me when should I plan my first pregnancy? I am suffering from hypothyroidism also and was on pills for 1 year and it has been two yrs of my marriage.
Hi I am 56 years old female, two years before I remove uterus from my body due to tumors problem. After that surgery also I feel sever pain from that place. I suffer from last one and half years. Am a diabetic patient also. Please give solution.
I am a 25 years old women. I have a 3 months old baby girls. I have a problem with irregular menstruation. Two times in a month it is seen.
Allergies, or allergic reactions, are common occurrences, which are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies, which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
However, when antibodies identify a particular allergen as harmful, when it really isn't, a reaction occurs which may lead to inflammation or infection of the skin, sinuses, the digestive tract and the respiratory tract, among others. Allergies usually differ from individual to individual and can vary from mild skin irritations to fatal life-threatening emergencies.
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors, which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Running nose
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Facial swelling
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies, such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
- Intense shortness of breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Skin rashes
- Weak pulse
- A significant drop in blood pressure
The main cause of allergy is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens. These may include:
- Airborne allergens: Pollen, mold, or dust mites
- Insect stings: Bee stings or scorpion stings
- Certain eatables: Peanuts or sea food
- Medications: Penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Latex: Latex or other substances, which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions