Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh K PatelYour feedback matters!
Sir I am physically ill in winter season and my eyes is reddish sae season and have calcium problem so what should I do.?
I m facing a little problem I have red eyes for 2days and I used ciplox drop twice a day. But nothing happened. Is something serious?
swelling eye is my problem. Last night its in but at morning my eye is swelled. What's the reason behind it.
Actually I have a disease in my eye cratognos and I will be treatment in aiims C3R and after that my eyes will be proper fit or not.
Some how help my to solve my problem who to able see you with spectacular like operation and its fee.
Young 21 year old came today with complains of pain and watering after something fell in his eye during a joy ride on his friends new bike . Resulting in a Corneal Ulcer .
Can the shops of optician all right to get the vision glass number checked. Are they qualified to give the correct scientific based number of the vision giving cylinder and other values?
Sir, I got headache problem regularly on the left side of my head only and due to this my left eye got red every time so what should I do please give me solution of this problem?
I am a student how can I loss my weigh and also want to gain about some height and also a greater vision?
How to increase eyesight. How to gain weight. How to take good diet. How to be healthy. How to avoid pimple?
I get head ache more even putting after my spectacles from past 5 yrs I am wearing spectacles and power is -1.5.
My eye lids get dry when I get up everyday, it's very hard to take it off. I use oil to rub and remove the dry particles. If I won't use oil, eye lashes come out. This is very annoying. Can you please help me understand what should I do come out of this problem? I have consulted doctor, it's confirmed that I don't have eye sight, and my tears are clean. They said I don't blink much hence the eye lid gets dried.
I am very thin and want to get healthier and stronger. What should I do to be healthy and strong. I also have pain in my eyes sometimes. Is it because of poor eyesight or head problems?
What is the reason for swelling of eyelid which occurs to me normally at times. Can you please explain whether it is an infection or due to excess heat in the body?
Dear Dr! My mom is having pain in her eyes and she is also having fibroid and syst in her utras and ovary. We consulted all doctors but all are advising to do operation. 20 years back her operation was done of fibroid and tumber and her one ovary was removed. So now she is so scared of operation. Without operation any solution is there? please reply me.
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.