Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay J. ChhabraYour feedback matters!
My son is prescribed for eye patching, since he has suiting eyes, what I want to ask is that is it correct to patch the eyes during study hours or when it should patched?
I have spectacles since 2007. My power rises a little every year. Currently it is -4 in one eye and -3.75 in the other. Is it possible to correct my vision by any eye exercise? If so, please may I know what exercise I should do? I don't want to use contact lens. And lasik treatment might have side effects as far as I've heard. Please suggest.:)
I fill like keep on rubbing my eyes and it becomes wet and starts watering so please suggest any drops so that I stop rubbing them.
My eyes are so week when I ride a bike, When I ride bike so many tear come out when speed is not more then 40 kmph. Give me solution fast.
Sir. I'm suffering from seen rainbow around lights in the evening. It is from 6-7 months and continue. Now I a.m. Using lumigan And combigan in night and morning. But after these I'm seen rainbow circle in light in evening. Please suggest me it is curable or not. If I'm operate it is success or medicine is continue. And gradually my vision decreased. What can I do please suggest me.
I have weak eye sight. I started wearing specs at the age of 14. Now I am 17 and the number of left eye lens is -1.25 and that of right is -2.00. I want suggestions to improve eye sight.
I am 22 year old working women. I have 3. 5 numbers in both eye but I afraid for operation. So what I should do?
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.