Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Sanat JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hello mam, A mother has a baby of age 1.5 months. If she wears bra, will it produce the required amount of milk?
How can I make my stitches faster dissolve? I have 5 stitches at my vaginal area after baby delivery? And its pained alot What I can do?
My wife age 28 years is pregnant by 37 weeks 1 day .In last doctor visit we are asked to go for planned c section in a day or two as doctor says the placenta is mature (age 3) and liquid is getting lower. So we should not wait for due date. While till now every thing was normal .All reports were ok. Suddenly we are said for c section. My wife is weighing 76 kg while baby weight was 2.6 kg last Monday. What should we do now.
I am 20 years old girl and since a week I am suffering from vaginal irritation and burning sensation. Please suggest any ointment or medicine.
M in physical relation with 2 girls in a gap of 2 months each. Non of them are suffering from hiv or std. They sex only with me. Is there any chance of hiv or std?
1. If you are going to take herbs, see a practitioner formally trained in botanical medicine.
2. Buy herbal remedies from trusted and reliable sources.
3. Avoid herbs in which the purity and quality are suspicious,especially imported herbs.
4. Most herbs, like drugs, should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation and should not be given to small children.
5. Consider drug/herb interactions.
6. Start with low dosages and beware of the dosages: two pills from the same bottle may have completely different strengths.
7. To avoid possible chronic effects, do not use herbal remedies for long periods.
8. If you are unwell, discontinue use immediately and seek medical advice.
Madam, my wife is pregnant about 1month ,resently she was got ultrasound & result of foetal(baby) is ok,but have cervical fibroid (23M×23M) & ovarien cyst(22M×21 M).so we are so afraid of foetal growth,kindly suggest us what will be problem day after day during pregnancy period & how can it will be short out.
How to keep the vagina Clean so that there are no germs while having oral pleasure No obstacles or catching of infection.
I am pregnant of nearly 29 weeks, a recent test has shown that the level of alkaline phosphatase is very high in my body (range more than 500. What is the effect of it on my baby? Please suggest something.
I had five times sex in one month. And every time I took unwanted 72 after having sex within an hour. I mean I took five pills of unwanted 72 in pnr month. I didn't got my periods yet. Can I become pregnant.
For the lump in the breast is operation required? After mammogram also do we need to get operated and remove that lump? How much does it cost?
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I intimate with my boyfriend. Bt he released sperm into my vagina. I took an i-pill in 72 hours. Have I any chances of being pregnant??
We all believe that consuming fruit is an uncomplicated task that involves buying, cutting and eating the pieces. But in reality, to reap the benefits, you need to consume it at the right time. By consuming fruits at the right time, it can contribute to boost the detoxification process and help in weight loss and kick-start the metabolism process.
When is the best time to eat fruits?
Fruits comprise of different types of nutrients which offer protection against different types of diseases and infections, lower the chances of heart diseases and hypertension. If you eat fruits without proper knowledge of how to consume it, it can create problems rather than offer benefits. You should, therefore, try to eat fruits at the following timings.
- Empty stomach in the morning: Experts always recommend consumption of fruits on an empty stomach and in between meals. This is because digestion takes place at a fast pace during these times and the enzymes required for digestion of fruits are released easily when you are on an empty stomach. Fruits are high in simple sugars which need long hours to be completely digested by the body. Thus, if you eat fruits on an empty stomach, all the nutrients, sugar and dietary fibers are processed properly in the body. This ensures that your body gets the right quantity of nutrition from the consumption of fruits.
- Before and after workout: Another viable time of eating fruits is before or after exercising. You are free to eat your choicest fruits right before or immediately after working out. The body would easily utilize the sugars derived from the fruits for extracting energy before a workout. It also helps in filling back the energy content of the body if you consume fruits right after workout sessions.
Eating fruits is a simple process which is known for offering a host of benefits. But there are also numerous myths regarding the timing of consumption of fruits which need to be debunked. One such myth is that if you are suffering from high blood sugar, you should consume fruits at least one to two hours before meals. The idea behind the myth is that people with diabetes have digestive issues and eating fruits separately can improve digestion to some degree. But there is no supportive evidence for the statement.
So, it is advised to eat the fruit as a snack together with protein-packed meals which can aid in digestion. This is also beneficial as smaller amounts of sugar gets absorbed at a time which leads to the meagre amount of rising in blood sugar levels. With these few factors in mind, you can get the most out of your daily fruits consumption. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
All of us have the innate desire to age gracefully. We want to think like a 40 but look like a 20. Nevertheless, with few treatments, you can undo the signs of aging to restore your youthful glow.
Laser Treatment: This method uses laser beams to generate heat energy for stimulating growth of new collagen fibers. This leaves your skin supple and rejuvenated.
Botox Injections: One can do away with wrinkles by the use of unadulterated Botulinum toxin A. When injected in a small amount, they block the nerves and prevent contraction of the muscles. Hence, the skin appears less wrinkled and even smoother.
Dermabrasion: The procedure requires sanding the epidermis (upper skin layer) with the help of a rotating brush done with Aluminium Oxide Crystals. A new skin layer eventually replaces the old one that gets removed in the process.
Face-lift: The method involves eliminating the excess skin and fat from the neck and the lower face, thus helping to tighten up the connective tissue and the underlying muscle.
Anti-ageing treatments address and treat the following skin issues associated with age:
Loss of one’s skin firmness
Reduced elasticity of the skin
Increased skin dryness
Pigmentation disorders, such as uneven pigmentation or age spots
Loss of skin radiance
Increased vulnerability to rashes and bruises
Greater translucency resulting in visibility of the veins
Increased redness due to enlarged blood vessels
Me and my girlfriend had sex one and a half month ago. Now we do not wanna have baby what measures should I take to stop her from getting pregnant. Should I go for copper- T? Will it work?
I had sex with my bf on 5th feb. After 26hrs, I took unwanted 72, in the month of january I had 2 times unwanted 72. I missed my periods last month. After that I did two times pregnancy test its negative. Then I tried lots of home remedies to induce my periods, like ginger juice, Fennel Seeds, Hot Water Pack, pineapple juice, hot water bath, season seed, jaggery, but still I am not in periods. Also I had medicine Orofer xt, 1 tab daily till 10 days. Pls suggest me what will I do my next periods date is 28 march.
Hi. My Last month period date 16 Jan 2016. I'm on 18th day of cycle and my follicle measures 19x19 in Left ovary. We are trying to conceive, I just came to know about luteul phase defect in this forum. My next cycle usually happens 2 days prior to previous. If I ovulate on 20th day or after then the length of luteul phase will be 10 days or lesser. Heard of vit B6 tablet for this! Please throw some light quite tensed!
खाने के स्वाद से लेकर जानलेवा बिमारियों तक सब ठीक करती है हल्दी*
हल्दी औषधीय गुणों का भंडार है तभी तो रसोईघर के साथ ही आयुर्वेद में भी इसका खूब इस्तेमाल किया जाता है।हल्दी न सिर्फ खाने का स्वाद बढ़ाती है बल्कि यह आपको कई तरह बीमारियों से भी दूर रखने में मदद करती है। हल्दी जहां एक ओर खाने का स्वाद और रंग बढ़ा देती है, वहीं इसका उपयोग सौंदर्य वृद्धि और त्वचा की समस्याओं को दूर करने में भी किया जाता है। इसके अलावा हल्दी शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने में भी बहुत सहायक है। निरोग रहने के लिए हल्दी के कुछ बेमिसाल उपाय यहां हैं:-
* पाचन बनाए दुरुस्त
कई रिसर्च के मुताबिक हल्दी रोजाना खाने से पित्त ज्यादा बनता है. इससे खाना आराम से हजम होता है।
* डायबिटीज रखे कंट्रोल
बायोकेमिस्ट्री और बायोफिजिकल रिसर्च की स्टडी के अनुसार हल्दी के नियमित सेवन से ग्लूकोज का लेवल कम और टाइप 2 डायबिटीज का खतरा टल सकता है।
* कैंसर से बचाव
हल्दी एक ताकतवर एंटीऑक्सीडेंट है जो कैंसर पैदा करने वाली कोशिकाओं से लड़ता है।
* खून रखे साफ
हल्दी वाला पानी पीने से खून नहीं जमता और यह खून साफ करने में भी मददगार है।
* दिमाग बनाए स्वस्थ
अगर आप सुबह उठकर गरम पानी में हल्दी मिलाकर पीते हैं तो यह दिमाग के लिए बहुत अच्छा रहता है।
* शरीर की सूजन करे कम
हल्दी में मौजूद करक्यूमिन की वजह से यह जोड़ों के दर्द और सूजन को दूर करने में दवाइयों से भी ज्यादा अच्छा काम करता है।
* बढ़ती उम्र थाम ले
हल्दी का पानी नियमित रूप से पीने से फ्री रैडिकल्स से लड़ने में सहायता मिलती है जिससे शरीर पर उम्र का असर धीरे-धीरे पड़ता है।
* शरीर को डिटॉक्स करने में मददगार
बॉडी को डिटॉक्स करने के लिए गर्म पानी में नींबू, हल्दी पाउडर और शहद मिलाकर पिएं यह ड्रिंक शरीर के विषैले पदार्थ बाहर निकालने में बहुत मददगार है।
* करक्यूमिन रसायन करता है दवा का काम
हल्दी में करक्यूमिन नामक रसायन पाया जाता है जो दवा के रूप में काम करता है और यह शरीर की सूजन कम करने में सहायक होता है।