Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Samir NnanvatiYour feedback matters!
My mother aged 65 years is now suffering from severe back pain pl do suggest as of taking cal tab and applying gel has not given any remedy even went on physiotherapy pl suggest DR.
I have a severe lower back pain since last night. The pain is there only when I stand. I have no issues moving while lying down. But as soon as I stand there is a shooting pain in the lower back. I am unable to walk to a doctor. Please suggest some pain killer so that pain subsides and I can go meet a doctor and get mri done.
I am 25 year old guy and from last two days my lower neck is paining. I don't know the exact reason for that. What are all the symptoms for spinal tumor and what can I do for this?
My frnd he is 15 years old whenever we play football his back pains and he gets cramps. What should he do?
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The towel hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
My mother is having pain and swelling in their knees for a long time. Everyday she takes pain killers for relief. It works for a while but then it all start again Please tell me what is the cure of this disease.
Hi sir. I have an issue with my backache n unable stand not even 10 min. Advise if any kind diagnosis test to be done. Regards Sathish.
I met with an accident recently. I thought that my leg is fractured. I consulted my doctor and did my xray. It was normal. Till now pain remains as it is. I can not even sit properly. Can you suggest me actually what hap to my leg?
I want a best health service provider and I had some serious issue like headache and backache. what medication should I used to care my disadvantages and what medication should I used to care all of these and I want a best health checkup.
Something I have pain in my half of the head above the neck. I have cervical also. Is that is pain is also because of cervical? Please recommend me something.
From childhood onwards my neck is little bent and still somewhere I forgot to make it straight like while driving bike many people told me why your neck is not straight what to do with my neck? I am 20 year old boy.
How to get rid of pain of right leg groin part. Right leg groin muscle is getting painful. please give me some directions to get rid of this pain.
I am a 28 yr old male, while exercising in oct' 2014, got shoulder pain which refused to go. Underwent various medical tests such as mri, vitamin d etc. The scans showed that I have a shoulder bursitis. Have been on medications since november 2014 and have undergone physiotherapy as well but to very little effect. The only choice as per doctors now is either steroid shots (which have its own set of pros and cons) or a shoulder endoscopy for correction of the problem. Any alternative way outs most welcome. Also would love to know about the pros and cons of the above mentioned methods. Thanks in advance
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is damaged. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and help in absorbing shocks. Tears are formed in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to bend the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Prevention and treatment
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.