Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Suddenly ache started at ankle back side (exactly shoe fitted portion) and unable to walk. Like to know the reason and treatment procedures. With regards Srinivasarao Mobile no: 9704444963.
I am suffering from eye pain and its changed to red color. Can you give any suggestions for this problem. If you will give best suggestion for me. I have feel very happy and advance thanks to you.
I have got eye infection and due to that my eyes has changed to red and yellow from last 2 days what should I do?
I am 23 year young boy. And approximately 15 days I have pain in my eyes. I am not using glasses till now. What is the reason behind it. And what should I do for that?
I am 20 years old and my eye site is weak few months. And I am also doing masturbation for 6 years. I want to leave this habit and what can I do for my eye site. Help me.
My eyes are getting swollen from the past 6 years and they are swelling slowly. What is the reason and solution for it. To which specialist I need to consult. Thank you.
I am living in Maharashtra and I am having head ache since a year and also my eyes are paining very badly, is it because I don't sleep at night.
I have red eyes and mind confused, before last three days, so please give solution for this problem?
Hi, I am 27 year old lady. I met with an accident two weeks before. Post to that white part of left eye had some red color. Doctor said it will go after 2 weeks. But even after two weeks it didn't reduced much. What should I do?
Why do I have red eyes after sex I am seeing this like every time I'm having sex. I am red eyes paining and I feel very sick I don't know why. Can anyone please suggest me something and tell me what exactly I should do.
15 Suprising things that your EYES can reveal about your HEALTH
During a comprehensive eye exam, our doctors do much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Here is the list things which an experienced eye doctor (Ophthalmologist) can diagnose while examining your eyes:
2. Sjrogen syndrome
3. Vitamin A Deficiency
4. Brain Tumors and other space occupying lesions
5. Trigeminal Neuralgia
6. Wilson's Disease
7. Risk for Diabetes Mellitus
8. Tuberculosis, Sarcoidosis
9. Risk of Hypertension
10.Diseases tranferred during pregnancy (Toxoplasmosis, Rubella, etc.)
11. Multiple Sclerosis
12. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
13. Hereditary Disease (Marphan Syndrome, Homocysteinuria)
14. Bells (Facial Nerve) Palsy
My mother has red and watery eyes, she had gone through some medication (genteal, flosoft) during the course of medication eyes became normal when medication is completed again eyes becoming red and watery. Even her vision is reduced. Doctor advised to do cataract treatment. And other doctor said her eyes getting red and watery because her eye lids get infected, and prescribed an ointment. The result isn't much. I want to know the cause and how to tackle this.
Diabetes is the condition where the blood glucose levels in your body tend to be quite high and can have an adverse effect on many of the organs in your body. The eyes are no exception and can be quite adversely affected by diabetes as well.
Let's look at the various problems you could face if you have diabetes:
1. Blurry vision: Diabetes can cause the lens in the eye to swell and this will affect the way you see. Because of the increased lens size, the eyes have difficulty in focusing on objects resulting in blurry vision. You will have to get your blood sugar levels back to normal and only then the vision will begin to correct itself. This will however take time to happen.
2. Cataract: Blurry vision for an extended period of time which progressively gets worse can be a symptom of cataract. Although cataracts can develop even with normal patients, they tend to accelerate and happen earlier in adults who have diabetes. Cataracts are usually fixed with surgery where the natural lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens.
3. Diabetic retinopathy: Diabetic Retinopathy and Retinal Detachment are one of the leading causes of blindness in adults who suffer from diabetes. The retina is a very important part of the eye which allows us to see the images by capturing light and then sending them to the brain via the optical nerve. With diabetic retinopathy the smaller blood vessels in your retina may get damaged and thus end up causing damage to your vision. This can be of three types:
- Proliferative Retinopathy: In this condition very small blood vessels grow from the surface of the retina. The retina is the film at the back of your eye , and the tiny blood vessels are capillaries. These growing blood vessels are very delicate and bleed easily. If you have had diabetes for years your retinae may develop this condition. As the retina is damaged by diabetes, the diseased retina releases special growth chemicals. These chemicals make tiny blood vessels grow: these are called 'new blood vessels.
- Background Retinopathy: Background or nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) is the earliest stage of diabetic retinopathy. With this condition, damaged blood vessels in the retina begin to leak extra fluid and small amounts of blood into the eye.
- Maculopathy: The macula is the central area of your retina. It is responsible for all your sharp vision, such as used for watching TV or reading. It can become damaged in diabetes, with leaks developing (oedema).
4. Glaucoma: This is a condition where fluids build up inside the eye and it results in the pressure within it building up. This may damage the blood vessels within the eye and cause vision changes. Problems within the eye may not be detected till you experience vision loss. Some of the symptoms of glaucoma may include:
- Blurry vision
- Watering from Eyes
- Difficulty in vision
- Pain in the eyes
- Lights appear to have halos
Treatments: Blurry vision also tends to go away slowly once the level of blood glucose is controlled either via medicines or by diet changes. However, glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy may require a range of medicines to ease the pressure on the eye or to discharge fluid buildup. If none of these works, then relevant surgery may be required to resolve the problems.