Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rupesh M PatelYour feedback matters!
At present facing urticaria red patches full body with itching. Taking teczine tab with homeopathy Med, for shoulder pain signoflam SOS.
I was experiencing acute pain in my thumb in year 2011 near the joints whereby if my thumb bends at the middle joint, it would not straighten on its own immediately and I had to use my other hand to make it straight which was very painful. On seeing an Orthopedic Dr, it was diagnosed as Trigger Finger. Since physiotherapy sessions did not help, I was advised a 3 course injection shots at the thumb joint of the palm at weekly intervals. These shots were not only painful but it would make me incapacitated for at least 4 days after the shot. I had a relapse in 2012 and had to again take a 2 short course on the thumb joint at weekly intervals. Thereafter my thumb was as good as normal. However now I have yet again started experiencing this pain in my index and middle fingers of both the hands. When I get up in the morning, the fingers are not only very stiff, but they are locked at the middle joint and while straightening them it's very very painful. I do not wish to again go through procedure of taking shots on my finger joints. Can you please advise how can I overcome this problem without taking shots. Is there any alternate treatment in Ayurvedic or Homeopathic medicine? I am 55 years of age and suffer from HBP for which 2 tablets (Nebistar 5 mg & Telmikind 40). I also have a history of acidity, reflux and gastric disorders. Please advise and help. Thanks in advance.
I have back pain on my right side for last 1 month. Also I have little internal problem on my right leg also. Please tell is this serious. Tell me solution.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.