Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Richa AgrawalYour feedback matters!
You can get rid of your chapped lips by using various natural remedies which are readily available at anyone's home. A number of reasons can make skin and lips dry. The dryness and cracks that are caused to the lips may be painful and cause bleeding too. There are many remedies which are suggested such as the application of lip balm or moisturiser. But, these descriptions are not enough to fight chapped lips.
Here are a few unique and proven remedies that can produce significant results when it comes to solving the problem of chapped lips.
- Curing chapped lips using oils: Almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil and olive oil can be used to cure chapped lips
- Almond oil: This oil is a natural moisturiser with vitamins in it. This oil is very gentle in nature and helps in preventing damage to the lips making them soft and supple. It is a good idea to heat up the oil before application. Warming it up will increase the rate of absorption, thus providing desired results.
- Castor oil: Castor oil has numerous medicinal benefits, one of which is the treatment of chapped lips. Use castor oil on the lips followed by petroleum jelly and you can get rid of dry lips in a few days.
- Olive oil: Olive oil has Omega-3 fatty acids, which help a great deal in the treatment of dry lips. Not only to the lips, this can also be used in other parts of the body where dry skin is evident.
- Coconut oil: Application of coconut oil for lips and other dry parts in the night can cure the dryness as it has antimicrobial properties that help in retention of moisture.
- Curing chapped lips using fruits and vegetables
- Cucumber: Cucumber has water content of up to 90 percent approximately. Placing cucumber slices on chapped lips for 10 to 15 minutes, for several times can cure chapped lips.
- Avocado: Rich in antioxidants, this natural remedy provides the required vitamins that produce elastin as well as collagen to cure dry lips. It can also be used as an anti-ageing remedy.
- Other natural remedies to cure chapped lips
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has both antifungal and antiseptic properties. This can be used to repair chapped lips as it helps in the rejuvenation of the dry skin.
- Rose petals: Chapped lips can not only be treated using rose petals, but it also makes the lips smooth and soft. Soak a few rose petals in milk for some time and make a paste of it. Apply it on the lips for curing dryness and bleeding.
- Milk cream: Rich in fat, milk cream is one of the best moisturisers. Apply milk cream for ten minutes and rinse. This treatment can cure chapped lips in a few days.
- Ghee: Application of ghee is also another way to keep dry lips moisturised. Apply multiple times, till the dryness vanishes.
The above are a few natural remedies to get rid of chapped lips and also dry skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Only for affording patients after proper health evaluation.
This is the best option and the most effective form of sustained strategy for weight loss adopted by highly obese person. Very commonly adopted by celebrities and politicians in developed countries like united states, europe etc.
Bmi more than 35 are ideal candidates for this surgery especially ones with diabetes or cardiovascular risk factors.
First time consultation will be free in which you will be shown a powerpoint presentation about morbid obesity. It's causes, different options to reduce weight and different strategies of management by bariatric surgery and health evaluation on routine basis.
For more details you can schedule an appointment.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
I am 25 years old boy. My weight is 96 kg. My problem is that I am going to latrine 3 times a days. No one goes 3 times in a day. Whats the problem is my weight is responsible.
Hello. My age 23. But my weight 73. What precautions should I take to reduce my weight. I am feeling shy to go out.
Sir/madam, Greetings. I had a severe stomach pain below the navel last night. The symptoms are, sweating, vomiting sensation, normalnmotion etc. I thought it was a gastric pain and I took REKOOL- D tablet/capsule. And ENO water. After a half an hour it was subsided. I had a Gsll bladder calculus of size 14mm. My question is. Is it because of Calculus. Please suggest.. I met our family doctor. He told me that I had a urinary bladder infection.
I'm 29 years old and Im underweight. Just 40 kgs. I'm really worried to gain weight. I had gone through thyroid test too but it's ve. I don't find any reason for my low weight. Please suggest some solution.
I am Ashraf Ansari 21 years old and am very thin for last 4 years. Give me some advice that make me healthy.
Feeling weak and fatigue .hb-12.9, wbc- 8100, neutrophil-63%, lymphocytes-29%,eosoniphill-7%,monocyte-1%, basophil-0%, and esr-5 mm.
My wife has a extra harmone on her neck. Some doctors suggest us to go for the thyriod test but the result was negative. Doctors said that this is a extra harmone do not worry but from the last week she fells problem while having meal. Please advice.
I want to know about a good diet schedule for diabetes patient of 42 years old lady. She is taking three times insulin and sugar label fluctuating 110 to 195 regularly. Please describe in detail. Thank you.
Kindly suggest any other multivitamin tab than Amway. Co's products are costly and question arises on its use in indian conditions too. Please advise.
Artificial insemination is a form of artificial fertility procedure. This procedure enables a couple to conceive a child. This procedure is mainly used in cases when the male partner has a low sperm count or is impotent. Single women who do not have a partner too can undergo this procedure to have a child. The process of artificial insemination involves the placing of sperm into the uterus of a woman, during the ovulation period.
Although artificial insemination is an effective procedure for conceiving a child, it also causes several side effects on the body and health.
Here are the several risks and side effects of artificial insemination:
- Infections are likely after having an artificial insemination done and infections are likely in a large percentage of women who undergo this procedure.
- Allergies can also possibly develop to any component of the seminal lavage, although they are not very common.
- Immune reactions can also occur, which involve the creation of antisperm antibodies among women who undergo this fertility procedure.
- Pain is felt by some women during the process of artificial insemination, and discomfort is also experienced when the catheter gets inserted in the cervix for transportation of sperm.
Risks regarding ovarian stimulation
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome or OHSS may occur as a side effect of artificial insemination. This disorder makes the ovaries feel pain as they become swollen.
- Multiple births is another severe side effect of this procedure. It usually occurs in 12 to 30% of women undergoing artificial insemination. It is more likely in young women having more than five ovarian follicles, which are quite large. This occurs when the woman is inseminated with more than thirty million sperms.
Artificial insemination has several side effects, which may cause complications in pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Miscarriage can occur in women who undergo artificial insemination and occurs in 20% of all artificial insemination cases. The miscarriage is usually caused during the early phase of the pregnancy.
- Ectopic pregnancy is another side effect of artificial insemination involving pregnancy complications. Around 4/100 of women who undergo artificial insemination suffer from ectopic pregnancy. The rate of ectopic pregnancy in natural insemination is much lesser.
Artificial insemination is a successful process of conceiving a child. This procedure is utilized by single women and women whose partners are not capable of producing sufficient sperms. However, the process is associated with several side effects and risks.