Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha N BhattYour feedback matters!
Fatigue is a common complaint amongst middle aged people. It is mostly seen in people who have refrained from physical activity or working out for long. This being said, there are a host of other diseases where fatigue acts as the most prominent symptom. Some major diseases where fatigue is involved are anemia, heart diseases, thyroid and diabetes. If you are feeling exhausted or worn out even after a good night’s sleep, it is time to consult your doctor. Here are a few tips that can help you in managing fatigue in the early stage:
- Review your existing medication: Get your doctor to check your medication to ensure that the fatigue is not a result of your existing medicine. Doctors often change the medication for any side effects such as this. It is also advised not to take additional medicine to counter fatigue.
- Start moving: Studies show that physical activity greatly boosts the level of energy in an individual. Daily exercise not only reduces fatigue but makes the heart and lung function more efficiently. It increases vigor and the overall quality of life. According to a study conducted by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, it was seen that people who are more active have more self-confidence.
- Drink water: Dehydration often causes day time fatigue. It not only impairs the physical performance of an individual but also contribute to lack of alertness and motivation. A good indicator of the body’s hydration is the color of the urine. Ideally it should be yellow, pale or straw colored. Any coloration other than this signifies that the body needs more water.
- Hit the bed early: Lack of sleep is one of the biggest factors of fatigue. A study conducted by the Stanford University in 2004 showed that people with good sleeping habits suffers from less fatigue. An afternoon nap followed by a coffee further reduces fatigue and energizes a person. 8 hours of sleep is considered to be healthy and keeps fatigue at bay.
- Frequent eating: It is observed that people who eat small meals several times a day are less prone to this condition than others who eat twice or thrice a day but eat bigger meals. Frequent eating maintains a steady blood sugar level and helps a person concentrate harder. This being said, it has to be ensured that food is consumed in smaller quantities to refrain from putting on weight.
- Try Yoga: While any kind of exercise is helpful in countering fatigue, yoga is particularly helpful in boosting energy. A British study conducted among young adults showed that those who attended 6 weeks of yoga classes are found to be more energetic and mindful. Yoga should be practiced under strict supervision of an instructor to avoid any possible complications of the body.
Hi. My wife is around 8 months pregnant. Her skin from neck has started becoming dark. And she noticed yesterday there are some warts. So it is normal or having some issues. Guide me pls.
Sir, I am suffering from vaginal inflammation for 3 days i cant even walk properly what is the solution.
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant and is a rich source of minerals and vitamins including vitamin a, b12 and e; calcium, magnesium, iron and selenium. It has loads of living chlorophyll and also contains many antioxidants. Following are 11 of the many benefits of this amazing plant called wheatgrass -
1. Wonderful healer: wheatgrass heals effectively for the presence of proteins, minerals and amino acids. The chlorophyll content of wheatgrass helps in building blood cells.
2. Anti-ageing agent: the enzymes present in wheatgrass decay superoxide radicals present in human body to control age-causing factors, thus slowing down the ageing process.
3. Colon cleaner: the crude form of chlorophyll has cleansing effect on colon. It also helps in curtailing the development of harmful bacteria. Liquefied wheatgrass renews colon tissues to make them healthier.
4. Skin soother: application of wheatgrass paste or juice on skin cures it of dryness, burning sensation, itching, infection or even insect bites.
5. Sinus decongestant: the insertion of wheatgrass packs inside the sinuses dries it up and decongests it within a day. It throws out the toxins from the body and neutralizes their negative effect.
6. Energy provider: the starch present in wheatgrass gets transformed into simple sugars and renders quick energy on intake. Wheatgrass juice can be consumed by athletes for its rapid assimilation and release of energy.
7. Fertility restorer: the magnesium content in wheatgrass gives rise to friendly enzymes that help in the revival of sex hormones.
8. Body deodorizer: juice of wheatgrass can be effectively used as body deodorant.
9. Dental healer: daily intake of wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay and renders relief from dental infection and toothache.
10. Hair vitalizer: application of wheatgrass juice to scalp and hair roots prevents hair fall, dandruff and delays graying.
11. Pain reliever: scientific evidences have shown that consumption of wheatgrass helped in minimizing pain of cancer patients going through chemotherapy without interfering with the efficacy of the treatment.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.