Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramnik B Godhani
Submit a review for Dr. Ramnik B GodhaniYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from hyperacidity from the last 6 months. I am consuming the medicines of patanjali from the last two months. The results are not yet effective. Doc said it happened because of my dietary problems. I am confused whether to go for Ayurveda or homeopathy or allopathy? Please suggest me.
I had a severe gastric problem so I went to a local clinic and got prescription from the doctor to take PAN-D for 3 days and since then I'm suffering from diarrhea. Is it normal?
I have 6 mm diameter appendix. No vomiting and no fever. When ever I take light food, it feels me heavy in my stomach. I prefer not to operate and taking medicines to cure. Please guide me and give suggestive opinion.
My nephew just 1.5 months old he's crying more and more doctor said that he's suffering from gastric problems and will be crying for next 3 months like it's colic, so what should we do? For him.
I'm a 28 year old female and suffering from gastritis. Since 2 years back my condition became worse I often have the tendency of throwing up esp in the morning when I brush. I also suffer from reflux.
Dear sir, I have gastric problem and am taking tablet RANTAC. Sometimes am getting pain in bones and muscles in back body if gastric became huge in body discomfort for breathing. I done ECG test but report came normal. And also chest muscles also getting like a jammed. I request you to please suggest for me any prescription & and guide me what to do.
I have a desk job and I have to work all day in seat and in night I also do a job So I have a serious problem of gas What food and fruit I use daily for this purpose.
Dr. I have kidney stone and swelling in stomach Please suggest me what to eat may having very much pain as well acidity.
Sir I am from hyderabad aged 23 years and I have been suffering from indigestion and acidity after I hailed from vijayawada. Pl. Let me know why it is so and what steps to take to come over from this. And even suggest me the deit.
The gall bladder is a very small organ located behind the liver. This organ stores the bile created by the liver and releases it whenever needed. We rarely pay attention to this organ until there is a problem and most gallbladder related problems are very painful. Unknowingly you may be harming your gall bladder by eating certain types of food like red meats and saturated fats. On the other hand, eating some types of food can improve your gall bladder health. Some such foods are:
- Fiber-rich foods: Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of fiber and a must in a balanced diet. Fiber helps keep the gall bladder healthy and also helps prevent gallstones from developing. An easy way to add more fibre to your diet is to incorporate a salad with your lunch and dinner.
- Water: Water not only helps hydrate the body but also helps maintain the water levels required in bile. Ideally, a person should drink 8 glasses of water a day. This should not all be drunk at one time but should be spaced out through the day. Drinking too much water at one time will result in the body expelling it in the form of urine instead of absorbing it.
- Foods rich in Pectin: Pectin is a dietary fiber that binds cholesterol in the stomach and helps in its removal from the body. Since cholesterol is one of the major causes for gall stones, eating pectin-rich foods helps reduce the risk of gallstones. Some foods that are rich in pectin include citrus fruits, strawberries and apples.
- Flaxseeds: Eating just one tablespoon of flax seeds a day can boost your health in a number of ways. One of the many benefits of including flaxseeds in your diet is a healthy gall bladder. Flax seeds contain mucilaginous fiber or fiber that forms a gel. This type of fiber aids in the liver’s synthesis of bile acids and thus keeps the gall bladder healthy.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Not all fats are bad for the body. Omega three fatty acids play an important role in producing anti-inflammatory compounds. Some rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids include olive oil, avocados and flax seeds.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are very rich in vitamins like vitamin C. a deficiency of this particular vitamin can cause gall stones. For this reason, eat plenty of citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables such as bell peppers and broccoli that are rich in vitamin C. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.