Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh S VoraYour feedback matters!
5 practical ways to boost your child's immunity
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed.
My baby is 2.5 months old. Can we give Him the DTP, HIB IPV (2nd dose-Easy six). Vaccination 2 days before the due date. Is there any adverse effects by giving dosage before due date?
I am 15 years old boy. Cough and cold reoccurs again and again especially if weather is cold or changing please recommend remedy.
I am 21 years old. I have 6 months baby. I give breast milk. Minimum and maximum How many years I have to give breast milk? Please tell me.
Hi, My daughter is 3 years 4 months old we recently shifted to Bangalore. Here the climate is not getting suited for my daughter, regularly she getting cold & cough. From past 2 weeks she taking homeopathy medicine, still she has cough. How many days will it take to cure thru this treatment.
Hi ,my son is 7 years old & his weight is 19. 5 kgs. he is having recurrent fever after every 15 to 25 days. All blood test reports are normal. Doctors said it's viral fever but we are really worried why he is having high fever after 15 days .& this time he has fever with rashes. Calpol syrup & sponging lowering his fever but after 5/6 hrs it come. Also my kid is not interested in food. please give your suggestions. Thank you.
Hi, my baby is 3 & half year old. Her weight is not increasing & she is weak. Kindly give good treatment for her to increase her weight & health. Her diet chart menctioned below: morning one cup milk. At 11 am one chapati with veg. At 1: 30 one chapati with dal. At 5 pm one cup milk with biscuit. Evening two chapati with veg. Her weight is 13 kg from last one year. She is active also but her weight is not increasing.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.
Hi I am a mother of 15 days old newborn baby boy. I have poor lactation n formula feeding my son. Please help me out with this problem. I literally want to breastfeed my son n grow him healthy. I had him through c-section. Thank you.
My baby boy aged 40 days, giving feeding regularly my nipples become pain and having trauma. Advice me.
I got my 6 weeks old daughter vaccinated for DTaP with Pentaxim. She is due for her next vaccination at 10th week in 10th of September. Pentaxim is not available where I live so please suggest a substitute for the same and also advise if I can switch over to DTwP wholecell vaccine for DTP like Pentavac SD from DTaP vaccines like Pentaxim considering its cost and effectiveness. Please also suggest some good vaccines pneumonia.
I have a son who is doing is iii std. When he starts learning a subject during his study time he spends merely half an hour. After that or if we say that he had studied well so lets move on with the next subject or portion is interest drops and great dislike or aversion is seen in further learning process. He shows arogancy towards me. What is the problem with him. Because of his nature within few minutes he forgets everything what he learnt earlier with interest. Why is it so?
Hi 4 days back had a boy baby, but baby is in icu problem is lungs is abnormal. So doctor is telling need to do surgery. We very fear 4 days baby how the operations nothing will happen know please tell.
If you know the features of a healthy newborn, you would not required to call your busy family physian/pediatrician so many times. If your baby is/has
5. Passing urine: >6 times/24 hrs
6. Feeding well
7. Gaining weight