Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh Goyal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh GoyalYour feedback matters!
He is the best
I have diabetes since last 9 years, taking insugen 30/70, previously it was 50/50 but still its too high around PPBS 350 and FBS is sometimes also high depends on food taken at night Walking daily around 5 kms.
My mother has diabetic 150 to 176 what the best way to reduce the glucose and can she take a glass of milk? prescribe any medicine for her.
My wife is 32 years and we have 3 year kid. She had thyroid of 4.60 in June 2018 and took thyroxine of 132.5 mg. She was not that much regular in taking thyroid. Today we got retest of thyroid and found TSH of 4.230. My wife is facing skin irritation on hand and leg. My question is whether 132.5 mg is over dose for TSH of 4.23?And is thyroid responsible for skin irritation?
What are the general symptoms of type 1 diabetes and what are the methods to detect the symptoms at home?
Hi, I suffer from type 2 diabetes. I walk around 70 minutes a day. Is that ok. Plus what is FUNDUS test. Thanks.
What impact of smoking one to two cigarettes per day on a diabetic person currently on medication, metformin tab 500 mg one tablet per day.
I HAVE JUST BEEN DIAGONOSED WITH SUGAR 335.PLS SPECIFY DIET CHART & EXERCISE ROUTINE TO IMPROVE MY CONDITION WITHOUT MEDICATION.IS IT POSSIBLE?
Diabetes is a pervading disease as it does not spare any system of your body. The increased sugar level affects everything from circulation to vision to kidneys. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in the eyes in the age group of 25 to 75.
Some of the common eye problems caused by diabetes are listed below
- Blurred vision: Increased sugar levels can cause blurred vision. While most people might jump to getting a corrective lens, it may not be needed in all cases. Try getting the sugar levels to normal levels and see the vision improve. It may take up to 3 months, but it is definitely possible to do away with the lens.
- Cataracts: Clouding of the lens which is known as cataracts can set in early when there is diabetes. Worsening of cataracts also is at a quicker pace with diabetics. The blurring of vision and glare can set in, which would require removal of the clouded lens and placement of an artificial lens.
- Glaucoma: There is always a certain amount of pressure on the eyes, known as intraocular pressure. This pressure increases significantly in diabetics, leading to vision changes and damage to nerves and blood vessels. Glaucoma can cause dryness in the eyes, as there is less amount of liquid that the eye makes. There could also be headaches, eye pains, blurred vision, and vision loss. In addition to eye drops, surgery and laser can also be used for correction.
- Diabetic retinopathy: The retina is a layer on which image of an object falls, and from there, a message is sent to the brain to identify an object. However, in people with increased sugar levels, the blood vessels in the retina can be damaged, leading to vision problems and even blindness. Greater the sugar levels, greater the damage. There could be people who have lost vision due to this condition. Periodic checkups are advised to ensure that the vision is constantly monitored. There could be black spots or holes in the vision, flashes of light, and even blurring of vision gradually resulting in a complete loss.
Some eye care tips:
Now that we know diabetes affects the eyes adversely, the following are some effective tips to ensure good eye health is maintained.
- If sugar levels are not well controlled, more frequent checkups are advised, else, annual checkup should suffice.
- Monitor and control the blood sugar and A1c levels
- Monitor and control blood pressure levels, as combined with higher blood sugar levels, the damage is exponential
- Quit smoking
- Monitor and control cholesterol levels
- Healthy diet with lots of vitamins, minerals, and protein
- Exercise to help in improving overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.