Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh PatelYour feedback matters!
I do a lot of daydreaming. Sometimes when I am alone I talk with myself and laugh. My 95℅ time goes in daydreaming, useless imaginations. This problem starts when was in 11th. Before it I used to daydreaming but rarely. In 12 th I saw movie TITANIC and I lost in daydreams about movie for 3-4 day. After this incident daydreaming becomes my habit. I am not able to concentrate even a single second to anything. When I started daydreaming in 11th class my performance at studies decreased exponentially. I got 88℅ in Xth but in XIIth only 60. Because I can't concentrate on studies. And in B.Tech. Only 58℅. I have stammering issues since childhood. So sir please help me. What is the problem in my brain?
Meri saadi ko 3 mahine hue hai. Aur mere husband ka salary ko le kr mujhse kuch kuch chupana .hmare beech me distances laa rha hai .mujhe smjh nhi aa rha kya kru. Mujhe dar hai kahin rista tut na jaaye .main inse Bahut pyar krti hun inke bina nhi rh skti. Aur ab roj roj ki fight se mentally disturb rhne lgi hun. Aur tabiyat bhi thik nhi rhti.
I was smoking for almost 6 years and quit smoking 1 year back. From past 2 years I have severe gastric problems, with severe lower abdominal pain, this pain persists almost 24 hours. Additional problems are severe gas which is very high at least 50 100 times in a day, burping, lower back pain. In a day I pass motion at least 3 to 4 times. The stool seems not to be as hard as before 2 years. Even if I have a bit heavy food, I feel to pass motion immediately, and if I either control passing motion or urine, I immediately have severe unbearable lower abdominal pain. I have had several tests like ultra sound scanning and lot of other tests but did not help in anyways. Finally I feel I have to live with out it. Any help would be good.
My father is 89 yrs old and wt 95 kgs. on 30 dec he underwent for hip replacement surgery . he is a patient of alzeimeric dementia and some times becomes very aggressive. during his hospitalisation his left buttock's apx 2*3i nch epidermal portion was eroded after fungal infection which is still not healed what should i do for its healing and his normal walk and gait
Hii Dr. I want to act according to my thinking. But I am fail in taking action on my plans. I decided that my woke up time is 4 a.m. & after that I want to do meditation, yoga & running. But I am not able to woke up in early morning. Thats why I have anger on myself & feel frustrated during whole day. Sir what should I do to be a hardworking & regular towards my goals. Please help me.
My whole body paining alot. Also I have fever since last two night. I have migraine problem. What should I have to do?
Hello sir I have a habit of rocking back and forth. And it is not related with anxiety or depression. I do it all day whether im happy or sad or depressed. Please tell how can I stop it. Many doctors just say take small steps to avoid this habit. But they do not understand that I can not. My body moves involuntarily. I have no control. Suppose I try to stop I become restless and after few seconds body moves itself. There is no doctor nearby I can consult for therapy or medicines. Please help. Reasons I want to stop: 1. I spend all day home doing this as it is soothing. But this had made me a person with social anxiety which make me depressed. I have read on internet about this. 2. I cannot study without it. So I can not go in a good college out of my hometown as I can not share room with anyone in hostel nd without hostel life is not enjoyable. Hope you understood. This ruined my career. Made me depressed. If I still get any help I will drop a year and go on in my life. Hoping for a great answer. Please.
Actually my cousin had love marriage at the age of 19. She is a typical village girl. That time her husband age is 22. They started their life with lot of problems for 3 years. After that one day .her husbands cousin misbehave to her. Then she crying her self. She shared this with her friend only because on that time her husbands mother was in the hospital. If she told to her husband he thoughts that he didn't trust her words. One fine day the truth was revealed by her. Actually she told her husbands mother someone is misbehave to her but she did not respond to my cousin. One fine day my cousin told her husband what was happened in her life. Her husband not trust her words. He is in dynamo .he leaves my cousin to prove herself truth. How can she prove .her husband have doubt on her. Finally they r together with love but she afraid of someone .suddenly she went to the depression and loneliness. And also she want children's in her life. But she have pcos.
Depression is a genuine condition that affects the brain. Anyone experiencing depression will let you know, that it is not “just in your head”. Depression is more than simply feeling down. It is a serious sickness brought about by changes in the brain’s science.
A lot of factors add to it including hereditary qualities changes in hormone levels, certain restorative conditions, stress, sorrow or troublesome life conditions. Depression can be caused by many factors. In spite of the fact that researchers think that depression is a brain issue; the verbal confrontation tells us about correct causes. Many factors may add to the problem of depression, including hereditary qualities, changes in hormone levels, certain therapeutic diseases, stress, pain or substance abuse. Any of these factors alone or together can tell the particular changes in the brain’s science that lead to the numerous signs of depression.
Some of the treatments for depression are as follows:
- Workout: General exercise can be as important as taking medications for depression. Not just exercise helps serotonin, endorphins, and other great happiness chemicals, it triggers the development of new brain cells just like antidepressants do.
- The right kind of food: Eating right is critical for both your physical and psychological well-being. Eating little but around six meals a day can help you keep your energy up and minimise state of mood swings. While you might be attracted to sugary foods for the brisk help they give, complex starches are a better decision.
- Rest: Rest strongly affects the state of mind. When you do not get enough rest, your depressive side effects will be more terrible. Lack of sleep leads to irritation, gloom, pity, and tiredness. Make sure that you are getting enough rest every night. Not many individuals do well if they sleep for less than seven hours a night.
- Social support: Solid informal organisations decrease detachment, which is a key hazard figure for depression. Stay in touch with loved ones, or think about joining a class or a group therapy. Volunteering is a magnificent approach to get social support and help other people while additionally helping yourself.
- Stress decrease: Roll out improvements throughout your life to overcome and diminish stress. An excessive amount of stress leads to depression and puts you at risk for future breakdowns.
- Relaxing techniques: Relaxing systems may decrease stress and support sentiments of satisfaction and prosperity. Attempt yoga, deep breathing, dynamic muscle relaxation and meditation.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture, the method of using fine needles on particular points on the body for remedial reasons, is progressively being explored as a treatment for depression, with some examinations demonstrating promising outcomes. In case that you choose to attempt acupuncture, ensure that you locate an authorised specialist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.