Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh MakwanaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 yrs old female and having teeth pain from last 2 weeks. I have heavy pain I constant this pain. please give me the suggestion.
My aunt teeth and gums problem since last fifteen days. Many medicines tried but no improvement came out. She is also taking care of their mouth but there is not any sign of relief. Can you please tell us what should she do. Or we should consult a doctor right now.
When am eating cool or hot my teeth were getting pain .Am not able to eat hot or cold drinks. Kindly help me in this regards.
Hi sir/mam, I am having a white coat on my tongue. This yields to bad breath also. I use mouth washes, tongue cleaner etc but it gives results for max 1 hour. Even I drink alot of water. Its too annoying, my marge has fixed too. Can I get rid of this permanently? Pls help.
I am 65 years old have. Infection in 7 and 6 tooth both upper and lower side. Problem in drinking cold water and chewing food from right side. Is ciprofloxacin tablets ip 500 mg for 5 days will remove infection?
I m 26years old. Bleeding in my teeth from 1 year. Many checkups and medicine are taken. But few months bleeding started. Any treatment.
My mom (age, 50)had a nasal cyst surgery before a month but she is yet not recovered, she have a severe tooth pain and weakness and suffering from heavy acidity from high dose medicines, Need help & suggestions to maker her recover fast -As I know it takes month to make this normal but 1.5 months is already passed and we are not getting positive results.
I am frequently suffering with canker sores since many years irrespective of the season. Please help me how to get rid of this and is there any side affects to my health due to canker sores?
Hi I am 23 old male. I have habit of chewing tobacco. Daily I will use one sachet. Now a days I am not feeling hungry. My mind is in inconsistent mood. I have heavy gastritce. Mainly stomach. And mouth ulcers. Please suggest me
Hello doctors. I'm 20 years guy who is facing bad breath problem from many years from childhood. I consulted 1 MD doctor he said its not oral problem nd its an acidity problem. If its an acidity problem I gets bad breath even aftr brushing in early morning. Due to dis bad breathe I cant able to communicate with people bcz of bad breath. My parents has complained about my bad breathe nd friends also complained it few years ago. I donno wats de actual reason. Due to dis bad breathe i'm totally disturbed. Nd its from many years. Thank you.
Hello Doc., my wisdom tooth came on lower right jaw. Initially there was little pain but by regular gargle with salted warm water it has no pain now, but some part of skin is on the top of the tooth. I have consulted a dentist he is suggesting to remove the tooth. Please suggest.
I have a problem at the end of teeth. One teeth is really bothering me in the lower part of my mouth. Now it cuts a part of my inner cheek. What should I do?
My mouth stinks very bad. Not every time but specially when I am talking from a long time and my mouth starts getting dry slowly, that time my breathe also starts getting to stink. Also my both grinding tooth has big cavities due to which I cannot chew my food properly.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.
Myth # 2 - Bad Breath means you are a Bad Brusher - Bad oral hygiene is one of the causes for Bad Breath other causes include Indigestion,Dry Mouth,Lack of Salivation,Sinusitis and post nasal Drip &Uncontrolled diabetes
Myth # 3 - Regular use of mouth wash is good for oral hygiene - fact is mouth washes are good for maintenance of oral hygiene but only when it is indicated and prescribed by your dentist.
Myth # 4 - Scaling and polishing will lead to spaces in between the teeth - the fact is after removal of calculus one starts feeling the gaps in between the teeth which were occupied by it.One need to start taking care from beginning so that they do not come across a situation where they have lots of calculus in between the teeth which lead to gum recession and spacing between the teeth.
Myth # 5 - Brushing with hard toothbrush will clean teeth more effectively - In fact bristles of hard toothbrush do not reach the crevices of the teeth and one need to apply more pressure. In the process all stress is borne by enamel and it starts wearing off.