Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Purvi NanavatiYour feedback matters!
Wat to do after 2 months pregnancy after ivf. Wat precautions should b taken. feeling irritate. Sleepy.
Hello, I am Dr Anuradha from Amar Colony Market. Today, I am telling you about the methods of contraception. The ideal contraception is one which is hundred percent effective, convenient to take, which has no side effects, and is reversible whenever you want to conceive.
There are methods that are based on information or are based on the temperature changes during the cycle, changes in quantity and quality of cervical mucus, and withdrawal of penis before ejaculation. Then is the Barrier Methods that includes both male and female condoms, but these male and female condoms have to be worn and removed again and again which is not hundred percent effective as it may get torn or the semen may come out of the condom. The female condom known as the Femidom prevents against other infections also and can be kept on for twenty-four hours. It has to be put in approximately three to four hours before contact. There are other methods like Hormonal methods which are most commonly used, that includes the Pills. These pills come in a pack of twenty-one days. You have to take these tablets regularly, without fail. They should not be skipped. It has to be taken at a particular time of the day and if you forget the pill you are at risk for the next one week so it should not be forgotten.
The main drawback of these tablets is the convenience of taking these tablets. These oral contraceptives help in other things also.
- First, it prevents the Pregnancy.
- Second, it helps if you are prone to ovarian cysts, regulates periods if you have irregular periods before, and cramping during periods.
- Third, it decreases acne. It also decreases the chances of ovarian and uterine cancer.
But as a side effect, it may cause nausea, weight changes, moody behaviour. However, these changes are only for only two to three months and once the body had adjusted, these side effects decrease. These are also reversible; when you stop the tablets, there are high chances that you will get fertile within six months of stopping these tablets.
Next are the Emergency pills which people do take very regularly nowadays but it is not at all advisable by a doctor that you take it frequently. These methods, for example, I-pills, are commonly available which you can take within seventy-two hours after unprotected sex or if the condom failed, the condom has torn, or you have forgotten your pill. It should only be taken in these cases after consulting the doctor. Next are the injections available in the market. It causes irregular menses or you may miss your periods for two three months which is another point of concern and it causes tension. These are again not advisable.
Best are the Oral Contraceptive Pills. In case you have delivered normally or through cesarean then the best method is the multi load insertion copper Ts that are available. These are called the Intra-Uterine Devices. It is inserted once during your period dates, maybe within five days of your periods. It can be kept for five to eight years, as per your choice and you can remove it whenever you want. Side effects could be that you get cramps and irregular bleeding for a few months. It then gets adjusted to the body and there is no harm.
This much for today and if you want to know more about this or you want to have any contraception or any details you want to know then you can contact me through lybrate.
I am 26 years old female married five months ago. Since last four months my periods come a week before due date i.e. I start bleeding after 18 or 20 days not after 28 or 30 days. Why? Please help.
I am having pain, curdy secretion and burning sensation in my vagina after the intercourse. Any medicine can I take?
Hi, I am TTC so I went to my gynaecologist. She prescribed come 100 mg from 3 to 7th day and duphaston from 16th day. First round with come got failed. Now I am in second round of come 100 mg. I took fsh, lh, prolactin, e2 tests and all were normal. Is there any chance to get pregnant this month?
I am 45 tears old lady. I have perfect menstrual cycle. Also conceived last year in only once. But my husband aborted the child. I have one 12 year old son. Now I want second issue. Should I go for that?
Pregnancy and childbirth are matters of great importance in a woman’s life. A woman needs to be taken care of and made the centre of attention during this phase. The set of rules that are prescribed in Ayurveda are very important for pregnant women. They give you detailed information about the Vichara (thought process), Vihara (lifestyle) and Ahara (diet) which are recommended to be followed at various stages during the pregnancy period. The general guidelines that are recommended to be followed during pregnancy are:
- Maintain a healthy, mild, easy to digest diet
- Keep your food timings regular
- Keep your mental health constant and keep yourself happy
- Avoid foods that are spicy or contain too much oil
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse, intense work out regimen during pregnancy
- Try to avoid negative feelings and general feelings of discontent
- Do not cover your abdomen with heavy blankets
- While wearing your clothes, do not tie tight knots over your abdomen
- Do not change sides during your sleep without getting up
- Avoid sleeping on your back and sleep on your sides
In Ayurveda, the guidelines to a healthy pregnancy are given in accordance to months.
- First month: A mixture of natural supplements such as khajoor, draksha, vijari and manooka are taken with milk. This mixture is consumed through most of the time. In the first twelve days of pregnancy, drink a mixture of ‘Salaparni’ herb with milk. This mixture should be made in a vessel of precious metal (silver or gold). Also, avoid getting massages during this time and delay that until your fifth month.
- Second month: The mixture of the natural supplements with milk is continued.
- Thrid month: Drink the above supplements with milk, honey and ghee.
- Fourth month: The same mixture is consumed with milk and honey,but the ghee should be replaced with butter.
- Fifth month: The supplements are continued and along with it, gentle oil massage is started. Take bath with lukewarm water every day and continue this regimen until delivery.
- Sixth month: The fifth month regime is continued
- Seveth month: An itchy and burning sensation on the breast and stomach may be felt during this time as the foetus grows in size. It is recommended to eat in small quantities, have sweet things with ghee or oil to make it easy to digest. Salt intake should be kept at a minimum. Avoid drinking water right after a meal.
- Eighth month: Rice is made into a paste and is consumed with milk and ghee.
- Ninth month: The eighth month diet should be followed along with oil massages. Massage oil on your belly and genital areas. Hygiene should be maintained to avoid infections. Lubricate your vagina with a cotton ball dipped in oil to provide a smooth passage when the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I get irregular periods. Sometimes after 1 month. Sometimes the flow is not proper as always. Can I get trouble in future due to this in having baby? I do masturbation too. Does it effect my periods?
I am married 4 months ago. From 2 months i am not having periods. I am not conceived yet. Is there any problem for me to conceive with this irregular periods ?
Hello doctor I am 30 years age woman. Now am in 3rd month pregnancy. If I do fingering in sex is it any harmful in my pregnancy. Two times I did two days back but not in same day. Yesterday I got waist pain. Automatically it has gone. Now I getting a small cramp in my abdominal stomach very less pain. Is it any symptom to danger. Please clear me doctor. Thank you.
According to my h8. Wot is da prfct w8 for me. M a married grl. Nd want to conceive now. Wot is da proper tym to conceive?
I am getting itching in my whole body and pain during periods and have headache and losing of my hair and weight also.
Hello Doctor. I am 24 year old, when am sex with my boyfriend then I have in situation very painful feelings I got in every sex time then whats problem and solution.
I am 27 female. I have irregular periods usually and they said I hav polycystic ovaries issue. Many doc said prob wl b over once am married. I got married 2 months bak and am preg now. My husband wants me to abort. Need help. Since I hav polycystic ovary issue s it wise t abort my first baby? Am not interested wid abortion. Need suggestions.
My daughter 17 years of age has acute pain during first day of periods. Please advice some suitable medicine for instant relief. As she has to go for school and tutions. And some diet chart as she gets pimples all over body and hips also before her periods except face
I have tenderness in breasts when close to ovulation and prior to periods. It is painful also. I have conducted mammography before 2 years and doctors said I have harmless fibroid in my case how frequently should I take up mammography test and can the fibroids be removed. Just getting concerned as age passes by. I am 37 now.
During pregnancy it is important to get proper nutrition so that you and your baby are healthy. For slow and gradual weight gain, it is necessary to pay close attention to the folic acid, calcium and iron intake. However, if you are obese, then your weight gain regime will be different from others.
The diet during pregnancy should include:
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- It is also necessary to eat dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt during pregnancy. They are important because they contain the calcium and nutrients that are necessary for the growth of the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.