Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pravin K Shah
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pravin K ShahYour feedback matters!
I want to know what all things we need to do for having fair and glowing skin means tell me diet and exercise for male.
I have a rash that looks like herpes. Went to doctor and they said it was just a rash. Hasn’t went away in weeks. Please advise
I am 21 years old. I am suffering from some dermatological disease. It is like ring worm type paths, no pain and not inflation but pathas romves white powder. I faced this problem long 3 years. Please advise.
I m 22 my girl my hairs r falling very rapidly n my diet is also good. From earlier now I have only one forth hairs r left n they r grey as well. N as I m college going girl so I have to color my hairs, which shampoo should I use n for colouring which colour is good.
Hlo. I have some deep acne scars on my cheeks n forehead. I can't afford expensive treatments. Please suggest.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.
I have white spots on my face and skin becomes dry. I have tried nivea cream and now from last 1 month using gel cream. Still not effect. I want my face to be clean.
I am suffering from skin problems like rings acna and so many like irritation itching and Rashes and due to itching scar also apper in abdomen and lower part.
I am getting pimples on my face and they are becoming dark marks I sometimes masturbate will It cause this and please give me some advises.
I have a mark that showed up on my side right below my breast and it's small but it has a dark center and red around it wondering what it is.
Hello doctor. I wanna ask about hair prob actually now summer season n oil lgana mere hair ko kafi ganda look deta h bhar niklne pr. Kuch aisa btaiye muje jisse mere hair healthy bhi rhe aur muje zyada oil bhi na lgana PDE. Aur rat ko oil lgakr m mrng me bal wash bhi nhi kr skti hu. Isse bhi bal dry hote h mere n so please kuch aisa btaiye muje. Mere bal kafi halke bhi ho gye h.
I am a Sports Person and due to playing in Sun My skin colour is getting dark day by day I am losing my fairness what should I do is there any method or Cream or lotion which can help me to get my fair Skin Colour？
Have acne in my chest, back and on my shoulders and arms. It causes huge and hard dark spots. I don't know why it's coming. I had this problem from past 4 years. I don't know if I had any allergies. Duration of acne: >1 year Parts affected from acne: Chest, Back, Shoulders Appearance of acne eruptions: Painful nodules (cysts) Skin type: Oily Typical frequency of acne: All the time Treatment taken so far: None.
Lybrate | Dr. Ashim Lahiri speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY