Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praul Gadhia
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praul GadhiaYour feedback matters!
With infertility on the rise, there are more people who opt for IVF. In-vitro fertilization or IVF has developed from its original days to where the technology has improved leading to better success rates. Doctors have also identified some do’s and don’ts during IVF and especially after embryo transfer which help in improving success rates
Going through an IVF is strenuous, and once the scheduling is done and the embryo is transferred, the couple is given some tips. It is important to note that it is not just the woman who needs to play an active role but the couple and so equal involvement is extremely essential.
Do's: Things that the couple should make sure are done after embryo transfer.
- Take medications as prescribed by the doctor. These should not be skipped, and when it does happen, talk to your doctor. Stick to the schedule as much as possible.
- Go about a normal routine of life, without telling yourself that you are going through something abnormal. Things which can be stressful such as changing jobs or moving locations are best avoided during this phase. Keep a regular routine with some workout so you don’t lose out on being active.
- A well-balanced diet is very critical to a healthy fetal development, so eat well. Make sure the vitamins are taken as per prescriptions. Fresh foods with lots of vegetables, fruits, and dairy products are advisable. Avoid processed, oily, packaged, or artificially sweetened foods.
- Keep yourself well hydrated, as IVF generates some toxins which need to be flushed out too. Lack of hydration can also lead to swelling of the ovaries, leading to ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- Keep a positive, happy outlook on life and surround yourself with happy and cheerful people who will help you when required. Stay away from negative people and situations.
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid caffeine
- Don’t stress yourself too much
- Avoid too much bedrest; contrary to what you thought, it might prove contradictory
- Don’t indulge in sexual activities
- Avoid getting into diet plans or drastic diet changes. This requires extra attention and may not be the right time to do it.
- Avoid extreme temperatures such as sauna, hot water or steamer baths. The temperature can harm the baby, though it might seem to soothe the mother.
- It is possible that an embryo transfer may not result in a successful pregnancy. This is quite common, and so do not get too anxious. You can always try again.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do I get any STD or STI because strand gender done a blow job for 30 secs for me and I wore condone while doing. Do any disease transfer to me in the above case. Kindly please tell me because I was scared so much and it's a first time for me.
Life seems to have no purpose. It seems to be a cycle between fertilization and cell death/degradation. Everything around seems to be a construct aka make believe. What activities of the mind and body would give me positive energy and sense of meaningful purpose?
Hello doctor. My gf had periods on 8th January. And we had sex on that day using condom and I gave her I pill on the following next day. After few days spotting occurred. Then on 26 January we again had sex using condom and the condom use was perfect without any break or leakage. And I did not gave her any pills. Now its 13 feb and her periods are due till now. There are no pregnancy symptoms. Is she pregnant. I am in a lot of fear please help.
I am 26 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy. I have observed some very light brown discharge from vagina recently along with white discharge and no pain of any kind. Is it serious? Or part of pregnancy.
Indigestion can often give rise to issues like heartburn, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation and gas. If the problem of indigestion is not treated on time, it can lead to even greater issues like gastroesophageal reflux and irritable bowel syndrome. Ayurveda recognises a concept known as Ama, which can be defined as the toxins created by indigestion. There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an Ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top ten tips for the same:
1. Aloe Vera: An ounce of Aloe Vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
2. Turmeric: Haldi or Turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in Ayurveda. This spice is a staple in Indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked Turmeric.
3. Timely Intake of Meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
5. Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.
6. Water: One must have at least three litres of water a day, in order to flush the toxins out and take care of mental hunger.
7. Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cures stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
8. Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and Yoga, especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
9. Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
10. Massage: A good oil massage on a regular basis keeps the blood flow in order and ensures that all the organs function well.
In Ayurveda, the point is to heal and prevent, which is why the methods tend to get to the root of the problem.