Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashant Acharya
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Metabolic syndrome: Causes and symptoms
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be,
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
Related Tip: Change Your Diet With Seasons for Better Health - Choose Right Foods
Know the procedure and benefits of Liposuction!
I'm Dr. Sagar Gundewar, a certified Plastic Surgeon practicing at RTS Plastic Surgery Center situated at Kargarh, Navi Mumbai. Today I'm going to breif you about Liposuction, its benefits and disadvantages. So basically liposuction is a precedure used for body reshaping in which through small incisions, using a tube and canola we suck out fat from your body which helps in reshaping your body. There are various mechanisms by which you can do the liposuction. One is the Standard Mechanical Liposuction in which mechanical energy is used for the lysis of the fat. Then second is the laser liposuction in which we use laser energy for liposuction. Laser energy causes lipolysis of the fat.
Then there is another way which is called the Ultraonic Liposuction in which Ultrasonic energy is used for lysis of the fat. And finally in all three mechanisms there is a suctioning of the fat. Advantage of laser and ultrasonic is that it helps in better tightening of skin as compared to mechanical liposuction, otherwise all three mechanisms act in the same way, that is they remove fat from your body and they give shape to your body. So basically the procedure is done depending on which section it has to be done on. It can either be under local anesthesia or regional anesthesia or under general anesthesia. Most of the time this procedure is done as a day care procedure and once you are admitted and you are fit to undergo surgery, you'll be anesthetized and after thatyou will be injected with a fluorescent fluid and after waiting for some time, the fat is sucked from your body. Depending on your weight, maximum around 10% of your body weight, that is if you are around 60kg then maximum 6 litres of fat can be sucked from your body at one sitting. So different regions can be done at one sitting.
We can do tummy, arms, thighs at the same sitting. Once the procedure is over you have to wear pressure garments for 6 weeks and you have to take pain killers and antibiotic for around one week time. there will be swelling and bruising in the treated part which will be slowly reduced and you will start seeing improvement in your shape by 6 weeks, which will go on improving till 6 months. So if you are targeting to look better you should have minimum target gap of 3-6 months in your hand before doing this procedure, and this is mainly for the body reshaping and not for the weight loss procedure.
If you want any more information on liposuction or body reshaping you can contact us on librate.com .