Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Submit a review for Dr. Pranav JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hi Good Evening im 33 years suffering with depression panic attacks anxiety disorder for the last 4 years. Had been to many psychiatrists took many advices and medications but the problem is still the same. I have lost interest in medicine and need a better suggestion. There is no day in my life these days wherein im experiencing panic attacks rushing to hospitals checking my bp levels (obviously high levels) and ecg (normal till date) and when I see my bp levels to be high I always feel that im having hypertension, doctors convince me not to worry as it common in anxiety disorder patients, is there any doctor who can help me come out of this anxiety, depression and panic attacks. I want to Live not to die like this daily. Earliest and positive response will make me smile at least.
Failures are lesson or learning in life.
Enjoy life to the fullest.
Hi. I am addicted to smoking, I have picked it up since last 3 years and till now continuing. I know its not good for heart as well as lungs. Please give your opinion about how do I quit this habit?
I'm 20 years old boy im not that mature enough people say I still act like small kid who is very stubborn and I have high negative vibes I can not trust people easily coz of bad experience in past I do not have friends coz of this weakness I do not have good personality I act immature like a kid I have many friends (girls) I do not like making friends in male zone I took things seriously and very deep my girlfriend says im very weak every one says im very soft hearted person I always get use all the time and throw me in dustbin im bad im studies average student I can not concentrate on studies as well I masturbate all the time 4 days a daily routine I want to stop this I always goes in depression headache is there I take too much of tension I feel numbness on my head help me I need help what should I do I want to be mature good personality and attitude coz of these kind of qualities of mine makes my moral down day by day please help me suggest me medicine.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.