Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Paresh A ShahYour feedback matters!
I am taking amlodipine +losartan (5+50) for last 1 year. My blood pressure is normal now. How long I can continue this medicine. please help.
I am 54 years old. For high bp I take eritel 40 daily one tab in the morning. For cholesterol I take rozavel 10 daily in the night after dinner. For last few months the skin under my both feet are peeling off and dryness is observed even itching feeling is there. I get relief when I apply any I have put moisturizing cream. Kindly advice perm, anent remedy.
The heart is a muscle that pumps blood to the body through a network of arteries and veins controlled by valves. A heart disease could mean a problem in any of these organs, heart per se, the blood vessels, or the valves. Like it or not, heart problem is a chronic condition. It starts without any notice, and for sure, it is not going to go away completely. What can be done, though, is to manage it beautifully and lives and enjoy life so that the heart disease is not stopping you.
When there is a person with the chronic condition, it is not just that person who is affected, but the near and dear ones as well. When heading out for a dinner or when planning a gathering, there would be certain things that need to be accounted for and considered to accommodate the needs of the affected person. These very soon become a way of life and can be done effortlessly.
The following are some things to bear in mind when living with a heart patient.
- Diet: Heart patients would have some dietary preferences based on the heart condition per se. This may include a need for more whole grains and vegetables, need for specific types of oils, specific cooking methods, etc. At home, it is essential to ensure these things are always stocked up. When heading out, whether it is to visit someone or out for a meal, take into account whether these would be available. The next best option should be kept in mind so that dietary intake is not affected. Gradually, with time, substitutes can be identified with which they could manage in most places.
- Medications: Make sure the medication kit is always readily available. Make sure the person does not miss any medications, whether at home or outside. Ensure the regular medicines are in stock and some common emergency ones are also readily available.
- Routine: Whether it is their morning walk or yoga or meditation, it is better to stick to the routine as much as possible. The person also should learn to adapt based on circumstances; however, to the maximum extent possible, these should be continued without major interruption.
- Monitoring: Be it blood pressure, sugar levels or weight, these need to be monitored regularly and any deviations should be brought to the notice of the doctor immediately.
- Other equipment: Whether it is a walker, inhaler, or a wheelchair, these should be functional and available. The home or the living place should not be cluttered to allow for the easy use of this equipment.
While these may initially require some effort, with time, it would just happen naturally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
My age is 54 years. I am taking Telmiride-H one tablet every morning for high blood pressure since 3 years. My doctor told me that my hIgh BP is hereditary. 1. Does this medicine have any side effects. 2. If I want to discontinue taking medicine, Can I control BP by any other solution.
Hello doctors. my problem is sometimes I have pain in my heart and I notice that my heart beats very fast. Recently I left smoking I was a chain smoker. please suggest.?
The humble, easily available banana is not as humble when it comes to its contribution to your health. And once you learn how much good it can do to your body, you will be compelled to add it to your daily diet. This god of a fruit protects you from innumerable diseases, keeps your hair, heart and head well as well as fights chronic diseases - and the list has just begun.
Here are just 15 reasons for you to have a banana every day -
1) This fruit is high in potassium and low in salt, it is your protective shield against blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke.
2) Iron rich banana is extremely good for anemic people.
3) The calcium-rich bananas are excellent for your bones and help in increasing bone density.
4) For people who exercise, bananas are an energy booster and sustain your blood sugar as well as protect against muscle cramps post workouts or leg cramps.
5) Bananas help beat depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin: the feel-good brain neurotransmitter.
6) It also enhances your moods and relieves PMS symptoms as well as stress levels in body and mind.
7) Due to high levels of vitamin B-6, bananas produce white blood cells and help in building immunity as well as strengthen nervous systems.
8) Weightloss - If you swap your junk foods with bananas, you might be inching towards losing weight. As an added bonus your energy will be become more steady and consistent.
9) Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
10) Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
11) Extremely caring about your stomach, Banana not only soothes your digestive tract to restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea, it also helps in relieving constipation due to ts high fibre content.
12) Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
13) Fever too? A banana can bring down your body temperature to cool your temperature off.
14) Bananas make you smarter! It makes you very alert. The high levels of potassium help your memory as well. Think about it before an exam.
15) Smoke? High levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium in the fruit, help in speedy recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
Related Tip: Are Bananas Really Your Ticket to Weight Loss?