Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitish
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. NitishYour feedback matters!
Dear doc After sleep or while sleeping, I am having kind of pain in my shoulder. I am unable yo move my arm quickly, it hurts the knuckle joint. First you thought it may b due to the exercise, I was doing in gym, though I was lifting light weight. But from last 3 day I even did not go to gym. It always hurts only in left knuckle joint after or while sleeping. So I myself thought that it may be due to inappropriate sleeping position or the size of pillow. What according to you can b possible cause? How can I get rid of that? What is the perfect height of pillow ghat I must use and also the sleeping position? Could the cause be due to gymnastic, And if it is due to gymnastics, then should I stop doing exercise? But I really don't want to stop exercise Please help.
Hello doctor, My age is 48 and height is 5'7 inch weight is 115 kg (overweight) and my knees pain while I walk on stairs what can I do to solve it. I go to yoga daily 1 hour and I loosed the weight also 5 kg in 1 year. My diet is also maintained. So please give solution.
I am 20 years old and I am a cricket player. Almost 2 moths before I dived to catch a ball and fall on the ground and my shoulder got pain. I can not move my shoulder perfectly. I went to the hospital for checkup. The doctor of the hospital said for x-ray scan. I scanned the shoulder and the doctor see the report and say for physiotherapy. I worked for physiotherapy for 1 month but nothing happened. Then I went to the another doctor of bone specialists. This doctor also said for x-ray scan. Then I show the xray scan which I have scan before. This doctor watched the scan and the he said for ultrasound of the shoulder. Then I went for ultrasound and next day I show the report of ultrasound. The report of the ultrasound is given below:- There is a small 1.8×0.8 cm diameter cystic area present in the medial subdeltoid region. On dynamic scanning there is no visible impingement. The deltoid fibers are normal. The supraspinatus and sub-scapularis tendons are intact. The muscle fibers and tender of the infra-spinatus and teres minor are normal. There is no fluid present in the infraglenoid recess. The capsular ligament is intact. The biceps tendon is normal in the bicipital groove. CONCLUSION ● A SMALL CYSTIC AREA IN THE MIDDLE SUBDELTOID REGION? SUBDELTOID BURSA ● MRI OF LEFT SHOULDER IS RECOMMENDED After watching this report, the doctor said to take in a injection for four time, each after 15 days. The cost of 1 injection is Rs 700, very costly. Also to take some medicines have recommended to me. I am confused that if I will spend money for it ,will my shoulder get perfect. Can you please give me the solution for the my shoulder get perfect?
My knee cap was dislocated 2 months n 20 days back. And my mri was done after 20 days of injury and it says dat I have partial ligament tear, grade 1 meniscus tear and moderate knee joint effusion. Cam you please tell how long these things take to completely recover.
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
1. Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
2. Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
3. Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
4. Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
1. Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
2. Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
3. Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
4. Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.