Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirav Patel
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirav PatelYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hi Dr Nirav, would like to differ with you on some points... 1. Breast feeding is 2 yrs and beyond and not till 2 yrs as also advocated by Govt of India, and americans say 5 yrs beyond as there they don't have culture of play schools etc and formal education starts at age 5 + 2. Rice water and daal water are not be given... these are myths and wrong advices from our 2 generations seniors as at that time india was a poor country and people dint have food at home so they would put extra water in rice and daal , which was given to the infant and the family used to consume the solid dal and rice. Today even the poorest of the family in cities have enough food for their infant. 3. Juices are also not recommended at any time In fact the rule followed should be any thing which is more thicker and more nutritious than milk. Please revert if I am wrong
He is one of the best Pediatrician, having wide experience. He has expertise to diagnose all type of children diseases & their treatment. He has latest knowledge of all type of vaccines & all vaccines are available at hospital.
There is one another doctor bhavesh Patel MD physicians. Who did not good as MD. we do report which came tomorrow but they did not respond for collection. We did go for report after a week then they said.
Excellent paediatrician with plenty of knowledge of his field.. Patient friendly hospital in my gota and newranip area.
How to inspire manners in your children?
1. When entering the house greet your children or even hug them. This should help develop their sense of love and self worth.
2. Be good to your neighbours and never backbite. Never speak ill of other drivers when on the road. Your children would listen, absorb and emulate.
3. When calling your parents, encourage your children to speak to them. When visiting your parents take your children with you. The more they see you take care of your parents the more they will learn to take care of you.
4. When driving them to school, don't always play albums or cds in the car. Rather, tell them some motivational stories yourself. This will have a greater impact - trust me!
5. Read to them a short story and even a scripture a day – it doesn't take much time, but very impactful in creating strong bonds and wonderful memories.
6. Comb your hair, clean your teeth and wear presentable cloths even if sitting at home and not going out for the day. They need to learn that being clean and tidy has nothing to do with going out!
7. Try not to blame or comment on every word or action they say or do. Learn to overlook and let go sometimes. This certainly builds their self-confidence.
8. Ask your children's permission before entering their rooms. Don't just knock and enter, but then wait for a verbal permission. They will learn to do the same when wanting to enter your room.
9. Apologize to your children if you made a mistake. Apologizing teaches them to be humble and polite.
10. Don't be sarcastic or make fun of their views or feelings, even if you" didn't mean it" and was" only joking. It really hurts.
11. Show respect to your children's privacy. Its important for their sense of value and self-esteem.
12. Don't expect that they will listen or understand the first time. Don't take it personal. But be patient and consistent.
13. Pray with them. Show them how to pray. Lead by example.
14. In addition, ask them to discuss their daily plans after the morning prayers. Children without concrete daily plans usually join others in executing theirs. They fall easy to peer pressure.
15. Hold them and bless them specially every morning.
My daughter is 3 year old now and she is not speaking properly however she is telling all raiymes whatever she knows .We tested hearing test and there is no problem. When I and my wife called she coming .she is acting if any one called .please suggested.
Sir, my baby girl is of 4 months 10 days old. She got two doses of rotavirus vaccine namely rotavac and rotasure at 6 weeks and 10 weeks respectively. The third dose which was due on 14 weeks was refused by paediatrician of military hospital he said the rotavac vaccine is now not require for baby. Kindly consult can I get the medicine from other paediatrician or was it ok with 2 doses. Thank you
Hi, My child is 8 years old and he has bed wet problem. He wets the bed daily. He always passes urine two or three times while sleeping. I want solution of this. Please advise.
My baby is 19 month old baby boy. He did not start speaking even he don't say mama papa but he can hear everything. And say some bable gaa Naa .he did not mix up everyone .what should it do .is he is autistic.
*National Dengue Day*
*First National Dengue Day was observed on 16th May 2016 in country
*This is the acceleration of preventive measures for Dengue and Chikungunya prior to the monsoon.
*We as an educated & responsible people can also contribute in minimizing the Dengue burden in country and can save lives by doing simple things like
1. By not allowing water to stagnate in and around houses in containers
2. If we have to store water then cover it properly with tight lids
3. Check, clean, dry, scrub and refill the desert coolers
4. Check bird bath tubs, pots, vases, trays under refrigerators etc.
5. Motivate others to follow these instructions
6. Cooperate health worker during his/her visit to your home
7. Use full sleeved cloths
8. Use repellents, mosquito nets, wire meshes on doors and windows
9. Use coils, mats, vaporizers during day time too
10. Do not store solid waste on the roof to avoid mosquito breeding in rain water stagnation
Dengue is preventable but if it is ignored it may be fatal. Timely diagnosis and treatment can prevent valuable lives.
*Let us take a pledge to create* more and more *awareness about dengue* and *for taking small but effective measures* to save our society.
My son is 7 years old ad he weighs around 24 kg. Since birth his immunity is low and very frequently he gets cold, cough, fever, flu etc. H also gets frequent headaches due to gastric problems leading to nausea and vomiting. Ost of the times he gets allergic and dry cough. Please advice medicine to cure cough and cold, headaches and for increasing immunity.
My son is 2 and half years old and he is having very hard time doing potty. The potty is very hard hence he tries to stop it as it causes him pain. What to do?
You can continue breast feeding till 2 yr of age but after 6 month of age you can add supplementary food in addition to breast milk..
1) rice water. Dal water
3) fresh fruit juices
4) fresh vegetable soup
5)pasteurized top milk
Consistency of above mention food should be liquid initially and then gradually switch over to semi solids as age advances..
Give with spoon & bowel..
Bottle feeding must be stopped..