Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirav BhattYour feedback matters!
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 5 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi, Mera ek dant kharab hogaya hai aur bohot dard v ho raha hai aur mai pregnant v hu 5 months se. Kya kru? Please advise.
I am 21 years old I am having blood in vaginal discharge sometimes but my periods also not regular. Discharge is not continue. What should I do?
I have regular periods but has less periods as compared to my normal quantity. I have very hard stress on mind and I continuously think day and night about it. Would this stress effects my periods?
I have depressed because of my failure n unsuccessful life in career. I studied well earlier but because of sickness I can not do study well or work. Earlier was not like that, unlikely now I don't get results according to my performance n I get frustrated. It was till 2012 when I was in 12th std. I'm ambitious n got sickness at initial stages of my life. What should I do.
Foreplay refers to the preliminary acts preceding the sexual intercourse. Foreplay isn’t given much importance although it is the crucial part of the entire sexual experience.
Why is it important?
Biological Perspective: From the biological perspective, it is extremely important, especially for a woman to indulge in foreplay. Foreplay enhances the arousal, thus causing the erection of the clitoris. The clitoris functions similar to that of the penis. The rushing of blood to the clitoris leads to its erection which is necessary to achieve an orgasm. Foreplay also elicits vaginal wetness which makes the proceeding penetrative sex easier and painless for both, the man and the woman. The lack of vaginal wetness causes the sexual intercourse to be rather painful and sometimes involve some amount of bleeding. Contrary to the popular myth, foreplay is equally important for both the sexes. According to research, men and women both reported of achieving better orgasms when there was a greater build-up of sexual arousal.
Psychological Perspective: From the psychological perspective, foreplay instills the feeling of security and causes less vulnerability. The lack of foreplay apparently gives a sense of being neglected and denies the emotional assurance needed by most. Research shows foreplay enhances the relationship of the couple outside the bedroom. Foreplay is essentially important in long term relationships as it helps in enhancing the feelings of togetherness. Foreplay is also important in letting the partner feel they have your attention and care. It is essential in instilling psychological security and emotional wellness.
Also, it is necessary to achieve mutual pleasure from the sexual act and hence, attention must be given to the need of both the partners for a fulfilling experience. Foreplay is important in achieving orgasm, especially for women who do not necessarily achieve an orgasm through penetrative sex. With everything said and done, there is nothing wrong with an occasional skipping of the foreplay if that is what both the partners want. It is important to see what each partner is getting out of the entire sexual experience and work according to it.
Tips to have a great foreplay-
- Aim for the area around the lips: People mostly focus on the plump part of the lips, ignoring a sensual, arousing sweet spot which borders the lips. Your lips and its periphery contain several blood vessels. Slowly brushing through that area will give you a tingling, almost ticklish sensation that will run through your spine.
- The little triangle: The entire neck region is a highly erogenous spot. This includes the ears and the spot behind it, the neck and the shoulders. However, the junction where the collarbone meets your neck, the little triangle, has a thinner skin enveloping it. Linger around the spot a little longer maybe, before running down to the more obvious erogenous regions.
- Trail the thighs: The area around your thighs is home to one of the most explosive nerves that can simply make your breath go into hyper-drive. Start with supple, soft kisses around your thighs, with stray light strokes. This excites your genital area more because the nerves on the thighs directly lead to the genitals. This move will probably have your partner asking for more.
- Talk dirty: This act can have your partner flying off the handles if done right. You may want to test the temperature first in order to know what degree of talks does your partner like. Whether he is into low-key dirty talks or full-blown adjectives.
I had unprotected sex almost a month back and I am not getting my periods I am worries if I am pregnant. Please tell.
Mam mujhe pcod ki problem hai mujhe ovam nhi bn pate hai jiske karan mai pregnant nhi ho pa rahi hu please mujhe bataye ki mai kon sa treatment lu.
Can an ectopic pregnancy go unnoticed till 8th week of pregnancy? As in, is it possible for the HCG level to be so low in the 8th week that it is not detectable in a urine pregnancy test?
I miss my date. Which is expected 22th of march. Last tym I had a sex without protection after 7days free for my monthly circulation. So I am confused that I am pregnant or not.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection (learn more About Acute Respiratory Infections). It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes (know about the impacts of smoking on your organs) and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.