Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirav Bhatt
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirav BhattYour feedback matters!
I am having few breast fibroid in my right breast approx 2 cm width ND few small swelling. So what can I do.
Hello dr, I am 41 trying to conceive since 4 yrs. My egg reserve is low. Have 7 freeze eggs which will be transfered next month. If that does not click I hv decided to go for donor eggs. Will my child resemble me if I go for egg donation?
I lost my periods this month and I used primolut n tablet to delay my menses. From Thursday to Saturday I kept last tablet. After when I stopped the tablet I should get menses but I didn't get the menses till now. So is there any chance for a pregnancy. Am married 3 months ago.
I am 21 year old may weight is 73 and height is 5 inches pcod patient and hypothyroidism what should do to cure my weight pcod thyroid.
Irregularity in the menstrual cycle is one of the most common issues to be fixed since the hormones responsible for the menstrual cycle is affected by several factors and systems of the body. According to a report published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism in 2011, it came to the fore that frequent missing of periods over an extended period is a common problem affecting over 5 percent of women at any given time. But what’s more important is that most women suffer from irregular periods all through the reproductive span of their life.
LH (Luteinizing Hormone) and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) produced by pituitary gland stimulate the ovaries to produce estrogen and progesterone and will cause the release of the egg. When there are fluctuations in LH, FSH, estrogen, and progesterone, the menstruation cycle gets irregular. For successful treatment of irregular periods, it is crucial to determine the cause. A few predominant causes of irregular periods are:
- High levels of stress: When you are stressed out for a long time, your body learns to save energy by stopping ovulation. If you experience a traumatic event or you undergo excessive day to day stress, it can suddenly cause the adrenals to work hard which can interrupt the production of estrogen, thyroid hormones, and other reproductive hormones. Restrictive eating and over-exercising can also lead to hypothalamic amenorrhea, a condition wherein the menstruation stops for several months altogether.
- Poor diet: If your daily diet lacks antioxidants, vitamins, protein, and minerals, then there could be an adverse effect on the thyroid levels and the adrenal glands. Fried and processed foods along with sugary items can raise the adrenal fatigue and cortisol which, in turn, hinders the functionality of other necessary hormones. If you are suffering from irregular periods, you should take foods rich in antioxidants, proteins, and antioxidants.
- Extreme loss of weight: When the body mass index or BMI reaches below 18, you will start missing your periods due to low body fat. Body fat is crucial for creating estrogen, and lack of this hormone also causes issues such as anorexia and bulimia. But it is important to note here that not all women suffering from irregular periods are underweight.
- Thyroid disorders: The fluctuations of thyroid hormones often cause an irregularity of periods. According to some experts, thyroid problems are one of the leading causes of irregular menstruation. Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can cause symptoms like alterations in cortisol and estrogen levels.
- Food allergies: If you are sensitive to gluten or have celiac disease which has remained undiagnosed, it can cast an impact on the hormone levels. As these conditions may cause nutrient deficiencies, it can affect the gut health and add stress to the adrenal glands. As a result, all these together disrupt the secretion of sex hormones and cause irregular menstruation.
Several treatments are available to treat the causes that would slowly bring back your menstruation cycle to normal.
I am 6 month pregnant. Muje naak ki problem h. I means naak ki haddi badh gai h to saans lene m dikkat hoti h. Sent specialist ki dawai chal rhi h us s kuch aaram h. Ese smy m muje kuch salah d ki food m kya lena chahiye or kis food s parhej Krna chahiye. Or kis chij ka dhyan rkhna chahiye.
Hi 21 years old girl. Mujhe intimate area whitening cream ke bare m janna h. For pink vagina. Pls suggest me which one is better and safe intimate whitening /bleach cream.
Is it okay to take contraceptive pill aftr having unprotected sex Within 24 hours fo 20 age Girl .is it safe ya i'll face problem Please rply early.
Dear Dr. i'm in relationship my girlfriend had mensuration started on 23/06/2017 end bleeding after 3-4 days as usual she is always on time cycle of 30 days approx some times not. We make protected love on 29th the same month but condom broke and I feel that I pull out my penis while ejaculating but confused whether a few drops could be left. So within 22 hrs the next day (on 30/06/2017) same time I gave her unwanted 72 but on 7/7/2017 she started bleeding which lasts for 2-3 days. Now i'm confused what does that mean. Is there any risk of pregnancy sir as we both are unmarried and live in very social environment that risks our lives. Please suggest us with your highly educated and smart experiences. Thanks in advance. Please
Ghee is a good fat! if you know how to use It.
- Ghee, which is known as ‘ghrita’ in ayurveda, is described as ‘the best’ among lipid. Media due to its quality of inheriting and enhancing the drug potency. It is given Foremost importance for internal usage in diet or as an adjuvant medicine.
- It is extensively used in ayurvedic practice, especially in degenerative, chronic and Deep-seated diseases.
- Ghee is used as medicine by itself or as media for extraction, absorption and Assimilation of any medicine. It is used as medicine when qualities of lipids and fats Are required for treatment. It is used as solvent or base for extraction of herbo-mineral Active principles. It is used as media for absorption of lipid soluble vitamins or other Active principles in the food or medicine. It is also used as a carrier media in certain medicines to facilitate the transport of active principles across the cell membrane, which is permeable only to lipid molecules, e. G, the blood-brain barrier where transport of ‘medhya’ (which promote intellect and memory) medicines is possible if the drug is processed in lipid media.
- Ghee is used in different doses for different purposes at different timings in ayurvedic treatment. It is given in larger doses on empty stomach without food for the purpose of cleansing the body by panchakarma procedures. Whereas, if it is to increase the bulk of the body, then it is given in small quantities mixed with food. Similarly, if it is used as medicine to alleviate some disease process, then it is given in moderate doses on empty stomach.
The relevance of such usage of ghee in this era of ‘cholesterol threat’ can be explained as follows:
- Even though ghee is an animal fat, studies have shown that the larger doses given for cleansing purpose do not increase the level of ‘bad’ cholesterol, ldl. Instead, this increased the ‘good’ cholesterol hdl or sometimes did not alter the lipid profile at all.
- Alleviating doses of medicated ghee is helpful in absorption and transport of lipid soluble active principles across cell membranes, which are permeable only to lipid media. Also, ghee has the ability to increase the levels of fat soluble vitamins, especially vitamin e in the blood which is an important antioxidant in preventing oxidation of ldl in the sub-endothelial space of arteries and thus, preventing atherosclerosis and the consequent heart attack or stroke.
- Bulk promoting doses of ghee are used where there is indication for that, especially in a lean and emaciated person. In such cases, there will be deficiency of fats and fat- soluble principles. Moreover, even though ldl is depicted as ‘bad’ cholesterol, it is required in its non-oxidized form to build and repair the cell wall and hence, for all structural units in the body. So, administration of ghee in such persons will fulfill the deficient principles to build, maintain and repair those structural units.
- Many enzymes and hormones are also released and activated by lipids in gi tract and blood. Ghee stimulates biliary secretion and contraction of gall bladder. It nourishes Gi mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
- Thus, usage of ghee in suitable conditions with suitable doses of suitable preparations will render thousands of benefits due to nullification of toxins and toxic effects of drugs; increased absorption, transportation and bio-availability of the drugs used and also by acting as a media to dissolve and enhance the efficacy of the active principles in the drugs used. Hence, usage of ghee explained in ayurveda is very appropriate, if
- It is used judiciously by considering the indications and contra-indications properly.