Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Ahmedabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Preventive Dentistry Procedure
Oral Lesions Screening
Maxillo Facial Prosthodontics Treatment
Zirconia Crowns Procedure
Minimally Invasive Dentistry
Dental Extractions Procedure
Teeth Reshaping Procedure
Mulligan Manipulation Procedure
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Hi now summer season is started and am I going to gym and my body is hot body so my body is getting too heat so daily morning am having badam gum but most of them saying that you should not have a badam gum daily because it will effect your emasculated. So just say me what I wanna do else give any suggestion to cool my body without any sideeffects.
Not only do guava leaves relieve pain in the mouth, but a guava leaf can be ground up and used as a toothpaste to relieve sensitivity, as well as cure bad breath associated with gingivitis.
Dear sir, my father is a B. P. Patient and diabetic, recently he went for root canal treatment for two his teeth. Doctor initiated for it and removed 1 teeth also. Then his mouth is like full of ulcers. He not even able to drink water. Again consulted doctor. They told due to tobacco chewing (my father tobacco chewer for past 3 yers) he is affected and it will take time. Sir my query is can you suggest me some remedies to get out of these sores, and food intake too sir. Thanking you sir.
I am having toothache since last night. I have used painkiller but does not cured. What should I do?
My teeth are yellow. In the corner of the teeth thre is white and bad smelling things which is not removed very well thr.
Chewing tobacco for 10 month. Nd now my mouth is very small nd I can't eat some thing hot. So what shall I do?
I am getting many pimples on my face and I have excess heat in my body due to which I get mouth ulcers what should I may do/
Hi, there is a sensitivity problem in my tooth. When I drink cool water or when I eat sweets pains occurs. Kindly advice how to get rid of it by taking precautions.
Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause tooth loss or worse, an increased risk of heart attack or stroke and other serious health problems.
Periodontitis is common but largely preventable. Periodontitis is usually the result of poor oral hygiene. Brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily and getting regular dental checkups can greatly reduce your chance of developing periodontitis.
In most cases, periodontitis is preventable. It is usually caused by poor dental hygiene.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontitis
- Swollen gums
- Bright red or purplish gums
- Gums that feel tender when touched
- Gums that pull away from your teeth (recede), making your teeth look longer than normal
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Loose teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Factors that can increase your risk of periodontitis include:
- Poor oral health habits
- Tobacco use
- Older age
- Decreased immunity, such as that occurring with leukemia, HIV/AIDS or chemotherapy
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medications
- Hormonal changes, such as those related to pregnancy or menopause
- Substance abuse
- Poor-fitting dental restorations
- Problems with the way your teeth fit together when biting
If periodontitis isn't advanced, treatment may involve less invasive procedures, including:
- Scaling. Scaling removes tartar and bacteria from your tooth surfaces and beneath your gums.
- Root Planing. Root planing smoothes the root surfaces, discouraging further buildup of tartar and bacterial endotoxin.
- Antibiotics. Your periodontist or dentist may recommend using topical or oral antibiotics to help control bacterial infection.
If you have advanced periodontitis, your gum tissue may not respond to non-surgical treatments and good oral hygiene. In that case, periodontitis treatment may require dental surgery, such as:
- Flap surgery (pocket reduction surgery): The healthcare professional performs flap surgery to remove calculus in deep pockets, or to reduce the pocket so that keeping it clean is easier. The gums are lifted back and the tartar is removed. The gums are then sutured back into place so they fit closely to the tooth. After surgery, the gums will heal and high tightly around the tooth. In some cases the teeth may eventually seem longer than they used to.
- Bone and tissue grafts: This procedure helps regenerate bone or gum tissue that has been destroyed. With bone grafting, new natural or synthetic bone is placed where bone was lost, promoting bone growth.
In a procedure called 'guided tissue regeneration', a small piece of mesh-like material is inserted between the gum tissue and bone. This stops the gum from growing into bone space, giving the bone and connective tissue a chance to regrow.
The dentist may also use special proteins (growth factors) that help the body regrow bone naturally.