Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh KapadiaYour feedback matters!
I am having a problem with sleep I am feeling very tired and lazy all day and I do not have a fix routine nd having acidity related problems too my point is how can I cure these problem.
I am suffering from a problem related to ejaculation of sperm in normal way. Fnac test shows that spermatogenesis in the testicles is normal. But no sperm is found in semen analysis. Please do suggest effective treatment.
While intercourse is perceived as an act of pleasure and joy, for many people, due to various reasons (physical and psychological) it may not be the case. There are multiple sexual problems in males and females, some of which are extremely common. However, given the private nature of the topic, not many come up for a frank discussion with the doctor. The problem goes unsolved, leading to a lot of stress in the relationships and even broken relationships at times. Read on to know 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Impotence: Inability to attain and/or maintain an erection is extremely common. Performance anxiety, stressful relationships, and hormone imbalance are the most common causes for this.
- Ejaculation disorders: When the male is not able to hold the erection long enough, it is termed as premature ejaculation. When there is an ejaculation of sperms back into the bladder, it is retrograde ejaculation. Slow release of sperms is referred to as inhibited ejaculation. There is no defined time period for these conditions, and it depends on the couple.
- Low libido: A reduced desire for and in sexual activity, this can be due to physical or psychological factors. Hormonal imbalance, anxiety, depression, high blood pressure, and relationship issues are some causes attributable to this condition.
Treatment: Though medications and hormones can definitely come to the rescue, the first and most effective mode would be counselling. Psychological reasons should be addressed for relieving the problem through counselling and sex education. Hormone replacements, vacuum devices, and penile implants can also be used to manage these. The partner should be involved too to achieve a healthy sexual life.
Women: The sexual problems seen in women are slightly different than in males.
- Low libido: This is far more common in women than in men. This is related to multiple factors like hormonal (menopausal), stressful relationships, painful sex, pelvic pain and infections.
- Anorgasmia: This is an inability to achieve orgasm and is more common in females than in men. This also feeds into lower libido.
- Dyspareunia: This can be due to pelvic area infections, urinary tract infections and vaginal dryness. This again leads to decreased libido.
Treatment: This again involves a combination of medications, hormonal therapy, and counselling. If there are infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract, they need to be treated. Vaginal dryness can be managed with lubricants. Hormone replacement can be done where required. However, like in males, involving the partner and having a frank discussion is the most effective way to resolve this issue. Women are still quite conservative and may not be very forthcoming to talk about this. However, this remains the most effective method to improve the quality of sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.