Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nikunj ShahYour feedback matters!
My 9 month has started I am 36 week pregnant and my tummy seems ohk in full size but mostly people use to say I am carrying high I feel every movement from my child .i have heard that baby comes in lower position at last and baby at lower position face very less time in labour. Is that so. Pls suggest me I am tensed if my baby is in upward position then I have to face more labour is that true. I am having swelling also in my legs I use to do lil exercise in the morning stretching and all.
A calorie is a calorie, regardless of when you eat it, and that what causes weight gain is simply eating more calories than you burn. This is the calorie in/calorie out theory of weight control.
Actually, it does not matter what time of day you eat. It is what and how much you eat and how much physical activity you do during the whole day that determines whether you gain, lose, or maintain your weight.
Still, there are good reasons to be cautious about eating at night. Try not eating after dinner (other than a small, calorie controlled snack) because it's just so easy to overdo it. People eat at night for a variety of reasons that often have little to do with hunger, from satisfying cravings to coping with boredom or stress. And after-dinner snacks tend not to be controlled. They often consist of large portions of high-calorie foods (like chips, cookies, chocolates), eaten while sitting in front of the television or computer. In this situation, it's all too easy to consume the entire bowl full, bag, carton, or container before you realize it. Besides those unnecessary extra calories, eating too close to bedtime can cause indigestion and sleeping problems.
There's nothing wrong with eating a light, healthy snack after dinner as long as you plan for it as part of your daily calories. To keep from overeating, pay attention to your food while eating, avoid eating in front of the TV or when using your mobile phone or computer and choose a portion-controlled snack. Some good options include milk, nuts, low-fat yogurt or fruit.
When you're trying to lose weight, eat regular meals and consume 90% of your calories before 8 p.m. The benefit of eating meals every three to four hours is it helps regulate your blood sugar and thus control hunger and cravings.
I have one boob small then another one from starting, before I did not react it much but now a days this boob is status Started to pain I don't know y n how. Can you just help me out.
Diet plan for DM and HTN
Food should be distributed into small frequent feeds. The days requirement should be well distributed between the different meals. Skipping a meal or fasting is not really advisable.
As far as possible, the patient should maintain ideal body weight. Considering the height, weight, activity, age and sex of the individual the days calorie requirement can be calculated. Of the total calories 55-65% should come from cho's 15-20% from protein and the remaining 15-20% from fats.
General instructions to be followed:
Different cereals contain almost the same amount of cho and so the quantity of cereal consumed should be noted rather than the type consumed.
Whole grain cereals are better, preferred for their fibre content and satiety value.
Rice gruel if consumed, should be done so by discarding the rice water, and adding hot water.
When consuming wheat porridge, it is better to have it with pulses than using coconut milk in it.
Include whole pulses in the diet, soya products help to reduce cholesterol. Sprouted pulses are more nutrious.
Fish can be included in the diet, in the curry form. Fried fish is the best avoided. Shell fishes like prawns, lobsters etc should be avoided.
Poultry (without skin) can be used occasionally. Beef, pork, mutton, liver etc should be avoided by cardiac patients. Trim off excess fat (if any) before cooking.
Egg yolk has to be avoided by individuals with hyperlipidemia.
Milk and its products need not to be used more than 400 ml/ day. Use skimmed milk whenever possible, otherwise cream has to be removed before consumption.
Root vegetable like tapioca, yam, potato, colocasia etc are better avoided and if used, should be in moderation instead of cereals.
Include more vegetables (esp. Raw salads and green leafy vegetables) in your diet, as it is rich in fibre which in turn helps to reduce blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Raw salads with sprouted pulses enhances the nutrient composition.
Fruits are restricted for diabetics and preferably should be consumed as such than having it in the form of juice. Select low calorie fruits from exchange list.
Cardiac and hypertensive patients can take 3-4 servings of fruits. Whenever possible consume fruits with edible skins eg. Apple. Guava etc.
Use of coconut and its products must be minimized.
Cardiac patients need not restrict the intake of tender coconut water, whereas diabetes can only use it occasionally.
It is better to avoid nuts like badam, peanuts, cashew nuts etc. But occasionally can be used in restricted amounts instead of some other food items so that the calories remain unchanged.
Sugar and sweet should be avoided by diabetic patients. Low calorie sweeteners can be used in moderation as substitutes for sugar, honey, sweets etc. Cardiac and hypertensive patients should minimize their intake of sugar and sweets.
Garlic, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds cluster beans, oatbran etc have blood sugar and cholesterol loosing efforts. Ginger, foods in rich with vit- e and b carotene reduces the risk of cardiac diseases.
Alcohol intake injurious to health, 1 ml of alcohol contains 7 calories. Alcohol can cause hypoglyemia and can increase triglycerides which can be harmful for the heart.
Cooking oil used should be minimized and may be restricted to 10-15 ml/day. (2-3 tsp). Use cooking methods that require little or no fat. Hidden fat in bakery products and snacks should also be taken into account.
Preferably use a combination of cooking oils like sesame. Ground nut, sunflower, rice bran, corn oil etc. Use of coconut and palm oil should be maintained at minimum levels.
Dinner should be enjoyed two hours before retiring. At bed time either diluted milk of fruit can be consumed.
Include foods from all the different food groups and thus consume a balanced diet.
Regular exercise is most useful but physical strain after a meal should be avoided.
Free foods (can be included liberally)
Thin buttermilk, unsweetened lime juice, jeera water, fenugreek water, raw vegetable salads made of low calorie vegetables, plain clear soups etc.
Foods to be used in moderation.
Cereals, pulses, dhals, egg white, fish, chicken (skinned) milk and milk products, fruits, coconut, oil etc.
Foods to be avoided by diabetics.
Sugar, honey, jaggery, glucose and sweets of all varieties like cake, pastries, jams, jelly, sweetened drinks etc.
Roots and tubers like potato, tapioca, yam etc
Butter, ghee, dalda and fried preparations.
Horlicks, bournvita, boost etc
Fruits like jackfruit, banana, mango, sapota etc.
Dry fruits and nuts
Barley water, rice water etc.
Cholesterol rich foods (to be avoided by cardiac patients)
Whole milk and milk products
Shellfishes like prawn, crab, lobster etc.
Organ meats like kidney, liver, brain etc.
Chicken, duck with skin.
Sweet like pastries, ice creams etc.
Butter, ghee, dalda, coconut oil, palmoil
Fried foods like vada, chips, pappads, samosa etc.
Alcoholic drinks, creams soups etc.
Fiber rich foods
Whole wheat, parboiled, sago, oats etc.
Fenugreek and sesame foods
Vegetables and fruits (with skin)
Fresh coconut etc.
Sodium rich foods (to be avoided by hypertensive patients)
Salt (avoid extra salt in food and table)
Baking powder, baking soda, ajinomoto etc
Bakery products like biscuits, cakes, pastries, chocolates, bread, bun etc.
Salted chips, nuts, popcorn etc
Pappads, pickles, dried fish etc
Canned and salt preserved foods
Sauces, soup cubes
Sausages, lobsters, meat and yeast extracts
Readymade foods like cornflakes, noodles, fast foods etc.
Proprietary drinks eg. Horlicks, complan, bournvita etc
Hello asking it again , I got my periods on 12th july and did intercourse just fr 2-3 mins using contraceptive (condom) on 17th july and afterwards I checked it and it was all ok (no leakage) . This month I should have got my periods on 10th but its 22 today and my cycle has not started yet. Yesterday I took pregnancy test and it was negative. From last month I am on regular workout and on ayurvedic medications so is there any point of worry. Please revert me back.
Recently came to know that my wife is having PCO Problem, please tell me what is the caused and how can it be cured. Please advise.
My wife menstrual date 1st sep but still not yet. Pregnancy test also negative she don't won't pregnancy so wat we do she can take papaya is it safe or not.
1. Early scan at 6 weeks for confirmation of pregnancy with routine blood tests. (hb, blood group, hiv, hbsag, hcv, vdrl, urine routine examination).
Medicines- folic acid 5mg once a day and doxinate tablet three times a day for vomiting
2. At 11 to 13.6 weeks- dual marker test with nt nb scan.
If you have crossed 12 weeks and no vomiting constipation then start iron calcium and protein supplementation.
Diet consultation should be done.
3. At 16 weeks get your first tetanus toxoid injection as per who. Some may prefer taking later.
4. At 18weeks- anomaly scan to be done. And prenatal classes can be started.
5. At 20 weeks- 2nd tetanus toxoid injection.
6. At 22 weeks- fetal 2d echo, if you are suffering from diabetes, heart problem, hypertension, previous baby having anomalies etc.
7. At 24 weeks- fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels or dipsi test. (dipsi test can be done at first visit also)
8. At 28 weeks- routine ultrasound with colour doppler. Repeat blood investigations. Get yourself booked with hospital. Take fluvac if not taken previously.
9. At 32 weeks- visit your doctor for routine check up and discuss regarding hospital and delivery.
10. At 36 weeks repeat scan for growth, lie, presentation, and fetal wellbeing.
11. At 37 weeks- pelvic adequacy to check whether you can go for normal delivery. It helps obstetrician and patient in ruling out whether fetal head can pass through pelvis or not. And decision making regarding trial of labour. This is s poo specific for primi patients.
12.36 weeks onwards weekly nst should be done to check fetal heart monitoring.
This is standard protocol what we follow in practice. Others may vary or defer with it. Depending on different practice scenario and academic patterns.
All the best!
I am 27 years female and scanning reports says that I have cysts. My periods were irregular from one year and I am using birth controls pills and reduced my weight as doctors suggested. Can I stop pills now.
गले में मौजूद थायरॉइड ग्रंथि से संबंधित समस्या इन दिनों आम है। खासकर महिलाएं इसकी शिकार ज्यादा हैं। इससे निकलने वाले हॉर्मोन थायरॉक्सिन के सामान्य से कम या ज्यादा स्त्रावित होने पर कई समस्याएं उत्पन्न हो जाती हैं। जैसे वजन का कम या ज्यादा होना, बालों का झड़ना, त्वचा का रूखापन, कभी कब्ज व कभी दस्त, त्वचा का ठंडा व गर्म रहना, भूख ज्यादा लगना या खत्म हो जाना आदि। अगर आप भी हाइपर या हाइपो थायरॉइडिज्म के शिकार हैं तो कुछ घरेलू नुस्खों और शारीरिक व्यायाम से इस समस्या से काफी हद तक छुटकारा पा सकते हैं।
खाने के लिए
सिघांड़ा : यह कैल्शियम से लेकर आयोडीन तक की कमी को पूरा करता है और थॉयरॉक्सिन को नियंत्रित करता है। इसे चटनी, ज्यूस, सेककर, अचार, सब्जी, रोटी, खीर, हलवा, कच्चा व सिका हुआ आदि किसी भी रूप में खाया जा सकता है।
अनानास : गले के रोगों में अनानास का प्रयोग बहुत अच्छा रहता है। इसका प्रयोग चटनी, मुरब्बा, सलाद, ज्यूस, रायता के रूप में किया जाता हैै। इस बीमारी में आई सूजन को भी यह मिटाने में मदद करता है।
प्याज : गले का जमा कफ निकालने से लेकर खांसी, जुकाम, गला बैठना जैसे रोगों में प्याज की सब्जी, सलाद का प्रयोग लाभकारी है।
कमलककड़ी और कमल गट्टा : कमल की लकड़ी और बीज कैल्शियम और आयोडीन का प्रचुर स्त्रोत हैं।
गले की क्रियाएं
गर्दन को सांस छोड़ते हुए नीचे लाना, सांस लेकर पीछे ले जाना और इसी तरह दाईं और बाईं तरफ लाकर गोल-गोल घुमाना।
उज्जयी प्राणायाम : जीभ को अंदर से मोड़कर तालू पर लगाएं और गले को आवाज प्रभाव देते हुए नाक से सांस खीचें। ऎसा पांच से 10 बार करें।
सर्वांगासन : सर्वांगासन थायरॉइड क्रिया के लिए बहुत लाभकारी है। जमीन पर पीठ केवल लेटकर दोनों पैरों को ऊपर उठाकर कुछ समय के लिए रोकना है।
सिंहासन : कागासन स्थिति में बैठ कर सिंह की तरह दहाड़ करके आवाज करें।
गले की लपेट
गले पर हल्का सा तेल लगाकर गीला कपड़ा बांधें और उसके ऊपर मफलर या कोई ऊनी कपड़ा बांधें।
परहेज : इस बीमारी में सोयाबीन ओर केला का सेवन निषेध है।
Hi, my mother had breast cancer and she had mastectomy on her right breast. She is ongoing with chemo sessions but she has a history of identifying veins to insert needles. She has restriction of having chemo only on left hand and she has gone through 8 sessions. She is very scared of the needle insertion into her hand and the process getting very painful as her veins thinned and nurses not able to find veins and they are trying it many times by inserting the needle. Is there any spray or cream available as anesthetic to apply before inserting chemo needle so that she don't have to go through pain while finding nerves in her hand. Please advice also if using cream and spray is safe for her before chemo.
When the immune system of the body reacts against the tissues of its own body, it is called an autoimmune disorder. To put it more dramatically, the body becomes its own enemy. The immune system of your body keeps fighting disease causing germs and bacteria, but in rare cases, the immune system might malfunction and fight its own body causing different disorders. These disorders may be caused due to genetic issues or due to mutations. According to ayurveda, autoimmune disorders are a result of constant unhealthy lifestyle and diet. Ayurveda works at the root cause of the disease where it starts treating the malfunctioning immune system.
Here is how ayurveda treats autoimmune disorders:
- Toxin removal: Ayurveda starts working on removing the toxins from the body. According to ayurveda, toxins or ama in the body interfere with the proper functioning of the immune system, which often leads to autoimmune diseases. Usually shunthi, haritaki, pippali, maricha, hingu and saindhav lavan are used to detoxify the body.
- Metabolism correction: Not only will ayurveda detoxify the body, but it will also correct the metabolism which gets messed up when afflicted with an autoimmune disorder. Neem, guggulu, guduchi, vasa, patola patra and ghrita are used to correct the metabolism.
- Increase in ojus production: Ojus is the component which helps in the nourishment of the immune system. It is generally received from the food you eat. Due to dysfunctional immune system causing the impairment of metabolism, production of ojas decreases to almost nil. Hence ayurveda increases its production. Guduchi, haridra, manjishtha, amalaki, nirgundi, yashtimadhu and pippali are used to increase ojha production.
- Immune system correction: Lastly, ayurveda works at correcting the immune system. If the immune system is not corrected, then the above treatment procedure will just be useless. Ghrita, haritaki, bahera, amalaki, ela and dadim are used generally to calm the immune system and rejuvenate it. They help correct the immune system for normal functioning.
Autoimmune disorders may not be easily treated, but that doesn't mean you cannot expect it to cure or witness a miracle. You just need some faith and confidence alongside proper treatment and you are ready to roll.
Hi am 25 years old. I have a small baby 5 months old. After my cesarean delivery am facing a lot of back pain issues, severely bad. It's been 5 months for surgery now but still facing lower back pain. Any solution..
1. Use a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser that does not contain alcohol.
2 wet your face with lukewarm water and use your fingertips to apply cleanser. Using a washcloth, mesh sponge, or anything other than your fingertips can irritate your skin.
3. Resist the temptation to scrub your skin because scrubbing irritates the skin.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
5. Apply moisturizer if your skin is dry or itchy. Be gentle when applying any cream around your eyes so you do not pull too hard on this delicate skin.
6. Limit washing to twice a day and after sweating. Wash your face once in the morning and once at night, as well as after sweating heavily. Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, irritates the skin. Wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
If you have questions or concerns about caring for your skin, you should make an appointment with Dr. Venus
1. You must take vitamin c 500 mg three times a day.
2. You must prepare bottles of water mixed with glucose
Powder. This will stop the cravings.
3. You must drink at least 5 glasses of lemon, orange or
Cranberry juice. This will detox your body and mind by
Decreasing blood levels of nicotine.
4. You must take half a nutmeg, weighing 500 mg and crush
It into a powder with a food mixer. Add sugar and flavor to
This powder and keep chewing it whenever you need a
5. You must get a vicks inhaler and take a deep inhalation
Through both your nostrils until the craving goes away.
6. Find a bitter mouth wash. Listerine is the best. You must
Rinse your mouth the first thing in the morning. Smoking
Tastes horrible and unsmokable when you do this.
7. Keep up this personal treatment for 3 days.