Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nikunj ShahYour feedback matters!
What is effective sucking?
During effective, nutritive sucking, your baby uses the structures of his or her mouth to compress the milk sinuses beneath your breast and move milk into the back of his or her throat to swallow. Initially, your baby may seem to suck in rapid bursts to trigger milk let-down, also called the milk-ejection reflex. Once let-down happens, your baby should suck at the rate of about one suck a second. He or she pauses only to take a breath with every few sucks.
Click Image to Enlarge
Listen for swallowing. You should hear a "huh-ah" or soft "k" sound deep in the baby's throat as he or she sucks. Some babies swallow softly and other gulp loudly. You should NOT hear a clicking or smacking sound.
Watch your baby's jaw. You should see rhythmic movement in the muscle that runs from the lower jaw to the ear when she or he is sucking deeply. You should also notice rhythmic movement that begins at the edge of the baby's chin and travels down her or his throat as baby sucks and swallows. You should NOT see deep dimpling of his cheeks.
Allow your baby to direct feedings. Your baby will detach him- or herself when satisfied. After this happens, you can offer the other breast if your baby still seems hungry. If your baby often falls asleep at the breast within a few minutes of latch-on or your baby often breastfeeds for 35 minutes on the first breast without self-detaching, discuss this with your baby's healthcare provider or a certified lactation consultant.
I'm 21 year old female and my mensuration are not going good. I have a red sticky blood that I excrete on the second day of my mensuration cycle. And in day one I had a sticky brown thing on my pad. And I do not have a regular mensuration. Sometime my mensuration cycle is off 20 days sometime it's of 22 or 25 days.
I am 21 years old unmarried girl. I havent had my periods from 6 months and I have bloated stomach can I have ovarian cancer please repl asap.
I have PCOD problem from last 15 yrs. Started from delay period in the age of 20. My doc suggest glycomet in liquid form as some symptom of PCOS seen in my ultrasound report. At age of 22 my first baby girl born and after 2 years my second baby boy born. All going perfectly after marriage without any medicine. But from past 7 years PCOS became PCOD. N I have put weight from 62 (constant) to 78 now. I have taken homeopathy medicine, 5 time took 6 month medicine pills also. But all in vein. After stopping medicine. Problem again happen. Now issue is what is the reason behind dis problem? How it can be cure without medicine. Is my weight will come down after taking its medicine regularly? Is glycomet safe if regular takes.
Hi respected doctor. Me and my wife had already did initial test before planing for baby. After test we did not succeed for three month. Then doc did sonography of my wife and he found my wife eggs not getting developed. Then from last two month my wife taking hcg medicine and injection of 1000 mg (do not know injection name. After that both two month doc also confirmed her eggs are ready. And we did sex around 5,6 day in her ovulation period which 12 to 19 .then why she not conceiving baby. Pls suggest if anything missing or any advice. It will really helpful for us. Thanks.
My husband has lost 90% of his sex drive, we merely do sex, we are same age 33, and it's 7 years of our marriage and we don't have baby. He himself understands his problem, he loves me, cares ll me a lot and there is no other woman in his life. He feels tired and stressed out all the time, smokes a lot, food habits and lifestyle is not appropriate, nd also has some health issues, and he is underweight. We are very much worried, it's difficult to live with lots of sexual desire for me as well as. Is there any treatment or medicine so that his sexual desire or drive can normalized?
Im 27 years old female married for almost 2 years now. We are trying to conceive from past 4 months and last month we did it correctly keeping the ovulation period and fertile window in mind. The first date of my last period was 26Sep and my cycle is also irregular. But today got my periods :(wanted to know where we are going wrong? We use KY jelly for lubrication as my vagina gets dry quickly which causes immense pain while trying and also prior to trying I try to expand the opening capping my fingers with condom. Since we tried our best to maintain correct timing and also we tried every other day. Can you please suggest what should be done as we are desperate now :(
Actually main janna chahti hu ki mai conceive karna chahti hu. and meri mc date last hai 7 july toh mujhe kab sex chahiye preganant hone ke liye or kitni baar.
My elder daughter is 12years old. Her weight is 65kgs and height is 151cms (4ft 11 inches). Younger daughter is 8years old. Her weight is 42 kgs and height is 135 cms (4ft 5 inches). My question is - are they obese?
What will the STD that cause small lymph node white discharge from anus tongue and mouth painful sores I had a unprotected sex 3 month HIV test says negative so what is the STD I may infected.
Is level of amh vary from d2 to d7 in menstrual cycle. Last time my amh on day 2 is 1.81 n this time it is. 567. On day 7 Pl suggest.
Hello, I have vaginal itching problem probably because of change of soap Can I apply clotrimazole. Please guide me.
My wife is not conceiving though she is under medical supervision for the last eighteen months. She is now taking Duphaston (1 tab. From day16 to 25) OvigynDSR (1tab. Daily) Clomipure (day3 to day 7) and Hucog hp5000 inj. Monthly once for the last two months. She only has been diagnosed with a minimum thyroid. Her age is 33years and she is a bit bulky. Kindly give me your valuable tips as what to do.
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses: Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital: Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery: If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery: Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks: For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
I had sex with married women , her age and mine is same , even blood group, it is A positive. Please tell me . Is she or me going to affect by hiv? And her husband don't have hiv.
Vulvodynia is generally identified as a condition, which causes chronic back pain or vulvar pain, but having no identifiable cause. The causes as well as the nature of the condition are very obscure, and until recent times, it had never been considered to be an actual pain syndrome. What is commonly affected is the vulva, or the external female genital organs, consisting of the clitoris, labia and the vaginal opening.
Generally, there are two types of vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: this can mean pain in any part of the Vulva occurring erratically at different times
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: this is limited to the vestibule, or the vaginal opening. It has similar characteristics of a burn, and pain can be incurred only when contact is made, say during sexual intercourse.
Although not life threatening, signs and symptoms of Vulvodynia can still cause a ton of problems for women. They can create much complication when it comes to daily activities as well as other feelings, like sexual frustration, agitation, depression and low self-esteem.
Symptoms can be very erratic and can occur once in a while or all the time. They may be limited to just one specific area or can affect the entire vulva, interfering with daily activities such as walking, exercising and sexual intercourse.
Here are some common signs and symptoms:
- A burning or stinging sensation
- An aching or throbbing sensation
- May swell and you may experience soreness;
- Severe itching and agitation
Because the causes are not identifiable, extensive research is still going on in order to decipher the nature of the syndrome. A few possible causes may include:
- Nerve irritation or injury
- Genetic abnormalities
- Muscle spasms
- Hormonal changes
- Abnormal responses to infections or traumatic injuries
- Hypersensitivity to yeast infections
- Allergies to certain chemicals or substances
- History of sexual abuse
- Frequent antibiotic use